Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
knobbyjoe
knobbyjoe

Oddometer: 467
mutt2jeff,

I have the medium height aero screen and the deflectors on the fairing. Big improvement over the QEM 990 stock and tour screens. Testing the Aero setup I extended the height with a clamp on shield extender and found that increasing the height did cut down buffeting. I don't run with the extension as the clamp is in my line of sight.

I mention this to provide data for your windshield quest. Height is a factor in decreasing buffeting. At least with the Areo and stock. Yea I know that we want a screen designed lower for off road and aesthetics. Thus the design needs to get rid of the buffeting but not be too wide or to tall. Your task is difficult.

I tried to make cardboard mock ups and ride to test but gave up. If for some reason I decided to tackle the screen buffeting problem I would get a wind tunnel, a bunch of Plexiglas and a glue gun. Then cut things up and glue together mock ups to test all the various configurations.

Lots of folks have tried to get a better screen and seems that the Aero helps considerably but is far from perfection. I use it because I don’t like the buffeting and live with a somewhat goofy screen. Good luck to your efforts and I will be watching your progress. If you get it right I am a customer.
KJ

knobbyjoe screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 09:55 AM Reason: baad speler
knobbyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote