User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
das Motorradreiter OP
Diehard Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 315
Does Spiegler make their mistakes good?

I just opened the box that was on my porch and checked out the brake lines that I custom ordered. Before placing the order with them over the phone the other day, I meticulously measured what I was going to need, taking about 30 minutes to complete the task. I triple checked my measurements and had my wife verify them.
The rear brake line, that was the easiest to measure, arrived two inches longer than I ordered and it's not going to work.
I checked the receipt against my recorded measurements for the rear and they were off, not reflecting what I had discussed with them.
They are closed right now so I cannot speak with them about this until tomorrow.

Does anyone know from experience if they are going to take care of this or are they going to charge me to correct this since it was a custom order placed over the phone? I ask this because I do recall the rep saying that it is $22 to shorten a line but he did not say that that is the case if they make the initial mistake.

das Motorradreiter screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 06:08 PM
das Motorradreiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,054
Spiegler is a very reputable company, and I and many others have had good experiences with them. I'm sure they'll treat you quite reasonably.

That said, it's impossible to know from your account of events exactly where the misunderstanding came in. Keep calm and approach the situation from a problem-solving perspective. If they made a mistake, I'm sure they will correct it.

On the other hand, be prepared to admit it if you were the one who made the mistake. They build a lot more custom brake lines that you do, after all...
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
das Motorradreiter OP
Diehard Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwringer View Post
Spiegler is a very reputable company, and I and many others have had good experiences with them. I'm sure they'll treat you quite reasonably.

That said, it's impossible to know from your account of events exactly where the misunderstanding came in. Keep calm and approach the situation from a problem-solving perspective. If they made a mistake, I'm sure they will correct it.

On the other hand, be prepared to admit it if you were the one who made the mistake. They build a lot more custom brake lines that you do, after all...
I spoke to a real nice fellow this morning who checked my paperwork and said somehow my numbers got screwed up so they are sending me another one with a return label for the incorrect one.

Lots of worry for no reason - my wife says I really need to calm down about these sort of things
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!

Oddometer: 2,446
Seems to have worked out for you and them, now we all know they are still a stand up company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by das Motorradreiter View Post
I spoke to a real nice fellow this morning who checked my paperwork and said somehow my numbers got screwed up so they are sending me another one with a return label for the incorrect one.

Lots of worry for no reason - my wife says I really need to calm down about these sort of things

I never plan a ride, just the destination and that's always subject to change.
STUFF2C is offline   Reply With Quote