Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #3031
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Thank you. I was looking for a side by side picture, both the model 60 and 64 from the front.
Let me get a pic. The M64 is much larger and heavier than a M60, due in part to cast aluminum housing on the M64 and the depth of the reflector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Mount seems substantial, the U-bracket is very compact, I guess you can still swivel the light up and down, curious to see more pictures of the light mounted to bikes.
The light will swivel up down on the mount bracket. It will swivel up to 90degrees to mount on a vertical surface.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #3032
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan400 View Post
Well I just ordered 2 of the M61's and 2 waterproof connectors. Also just noticed these only pull .6 amps!! Great for me because my trail tech stator puts out only about 110W max. I prefer a H4 headlight for my main light so 60W is gone right away minimum. But,,,, now I can run 2 of these and a 70/65 osram bulb. Perfect!! I really dig the bigger reflector and the fact they are still very small. Can't wait,,, I love new toys!!!
Thanks for your business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan400 View Post
Sanjoh, is the model 30 beam approx 15 degrees as well?
Yes
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #3033
battlecattle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Is there a way to get a static camera shot that shows every light you offer? You did it with the new ones 61, 62, 64 but the 30, 44, 60 have no comparison.

Thanks
2014 CRF250L
battlecattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #3034
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlecattle View Post
Is there a way to get a static camera shot that shows every light you offer? You did it with the new ones 61, 62, 64 but the 30, 44, 60 have no comparison.

Thanks
The 30, 44 and 60 all use the same housing and mount system, the internals are the only difference.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #3035
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,132
looks like those square units would be great headlight replacements
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #3036
battlecattle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
The 30, 44 and 60 all use the same housing and mount system, the internals are the only difference.
I meant light output.. in the same field as the new ones. Sorry for being unclear.
2014 CRF250L
battlecattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #3037
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
looks like those square units would be great headlight replacements
Great idea!

Quote:
I meant light output.. in the same field as the new ones. Sorry for being unclear.
Coming soon.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #3038
knightbiker63
JK

Oddometer: 1
Question Decision time

Ok...I have read all 203 threads and am now convinced these are the lights I have been looking for. My question for anyone out there is this... I drive my Vstrom 650 65 miles back and forth to work on interstate highway from Rhode Island to Boston, Mass. (mostly highway...some backroads when time permits or traffic is too heavy.), I am torn between two Model 44 or two Model 60 lights...I want to run them day AND night but not blind other drivers. Your dimmable on low-beam and full power on high beam is just what I am looking for also. I do plan some fun rides in VT / NH this summer. Either would improve my drive home at night but I have always felt you can never have too much light when there are deer/coyotes/moose ready to dart in front of you. My off-road use is limited. I guess I am asking for opinions from previous buyers in the same situation. Thanks in advance for all input.
knightbiker63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #3039
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightbiker63 View Post
Ok...I have read all 203 threads and am now convinced these are the lights I have been looking for. My question for anyone out there is this... I drive my Vstrom 650 65 miles back and forth to work on interstate highway from Rhode Island to Boston, Mass. (mostly highway...some backroads when time permits or traffic is too heavy.), I am torn between two Model 44 or two Model 60 lights...I want to run them day AND night but not blind other drivers. Your dimmable on low-beam and full power on high beam is just what I am looking for also. I do plan some fun rides in VT / NH this summer. Either would improve my drive home at night but I have always felt you can never have too much light when there are deer/coyotes/moose ready to dart in front of you. My off-road use is limited. I guess I am asking for opinions from previous buyers in the same situation. Thanks in advance for all input.
Dont worry, you'll wonder why you waited so long after you see what you have not seen. Just look through this thread and see how many folks are unhappy with these lights.......very few complaints compared to of a whole bunch of "hell yes these are great lights" comments....
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #3040
Ned Kelly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:

Thanks
Good idea. Would it be possible to put some object in the pictures as well? .... such as a human, motorcycle, or something common so viewers have an object for reference for judging the beams of the various lights? It would help us determine which lights would fit our needs.
Ned Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 AM   #3041
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 842
I'm not mechanical at all, but I know I need some AUX lights for my DR650. I'm confused as to how they hook up? Is there a way that I can hook them up so that the AUX lights, when turned on, stay on whether or not I'm running low or high beams? Does one need the "dimmer" switch? Does this dimmer work like the dimmer switch in a car, or is there something else to it, ie, like a dimmer switch a person migh put on their wall switch for a dinning room light?

I was thinking of the getting the Model 30, but since the M61 has come out, I'm now thinking about this. I wonder if I would need a dimmer with the M61's as they put out less light? I'm trying to keep the cost down, while just increasing my night time safety. When I'm riding with my DR650 lights on bright, I almost have sufficient light, so I'm thinking just a bit more and I would be good. Thanks all.
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #3042
michigan400
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
I'm not mechanical at all, but I know I need some AUX lights for my DR650. I'm confused as to how they hook up? Is there a way that I can hook them up so that the AUX lights, when turned on, stay on whether or not I'm running low or high beams? Does one need the "dimmer" switch? Does this dimmer work like the dimmer switch in a car, or is there something else to it, ie, like a dimmer switch a person migh put on their wall switch for a dinning room light?

I was thinking of the getting the Model 30, but since the M61 has come out, I'm now thinking about this. I wonder if I would need a dimmer with the M61's as they put out less light? I'm trying to keep the cost down, while just increasing my night time safety. When I'm riding with my DR650 lights on bright, I almost have sufficient light, so I'm thinking just a bit more and I would be good. Thanks all.
You can hook them up to work any way you prefer. You would only need a off/on switch of some kind if you want them seperate from main headlight. The dimmer would simply reduce power to the lights,, dimming them in increments. You would pick a setting for dim, and then you switch to high beam they go to full power.

I have a set of m61's coming now and also a model 30 that I've had for a while. I know the 30 is 1500 raw lumen and the 61 is only 900 but due to the much larger single reflector I expect the single 61 will be equal to or greater than a single 30 in terms of useable light. Maybe sanjoh can comment on that better than me. Just my 2 cents.
michigan400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #3043
rollinrob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,488
Want to put some model 30's or model 44's on my Bandit 1250, probably mount on the holes that the fork mounted reflectors use, like the picture of a model 30 on the web page..

My question is can the light be rotated/clocked in the housing to keep the proper top/bottom orientation of the light beam/spread? Are there any pictures of a light with the yellow Xpel protection?
rollinrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #3044
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinrob View Post
Want to put some model 30's or model 44's on my Bandit 1250, probably mount on the holes that the fork mounted reflectors use, like the picture of a model 30 on the web page..

My question is can the light be rotated/clocked in the housing to keep the proper top/bottom orientation of the light beam/spread? Are there any pictures of a light with the yellow Xpel protection?
Yes the light housing can be clocked in relationship to the mounting bracket, but the beam is round with no top/bottom/side, so it only affects how the face looks when its off and you are looking into it!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #3045
SiBC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I am really looking forward to seeing more pictures and reading more info. Really interested in some comments on the effective range of the three new lights. Also, are the new lights compatible with the crash bar mounts, and are there any lens protection for the new light in the works.

I have read the whole thread and waited patiently for the new sets of lights. I am in need of a set of aux lights to help out my poor stock light throughout the range (low-high), and can't decide what's the best setup. Maybe a combo of one Model 60 and one Model 64? Maximum light output is what I want, as far as possible down the road, but also right infront of me.
SiBC is offline   Reply With Quote