Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
bungen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Fantastic RR. The St Kilda pub must have had a makeover since I stayed there. Great meal but the room had used tissues beside the bed and paint flakes and newspapers everywhere. At $30 I thought it was overpriced!! All part of the fun though.
bungen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #17
Ranger Rob OP
Out and about...

Oddometer: 352
St Kilda Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungen View Post
Fantastic RR. The St Kilda pub must have had a makeover since I stayed there. Great meal but the room had used tissues beside the bed and paint flakes and newspapers everywhere. At $30 I thought it was overpriced!! All part of the fun though.
Thanks.

I don't want to mislead as far as the accommodation goes!!

The St Kilda's rooms were pretty ordinary to say the least. The attraction was the secure bike storage.
I had the "best" room, and even it wasn't too flash. It looks like each room is furnished from roadside clean-ups
You certainly wouldn't want to take your Mrs or significant other to ANY of the rooms that we accepted. I think they are strictly for smelly bikers

Everything you say is correct, no doubt about it. In general most of the rooms we stayed in were in fact crap!
I'm in the building industry, so it drives me nuts to see places either so run-down, or so poorly slapped together

$30 - $35 seemed to be a great rate for rooms at pubs, with some doing the old $50 and up trick

We normally camp on trips so this was quite different as far as sleeping arrangements went.

Thanks for reading.

Rob
Old 01-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #18
enz0
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Awesome RR but I'm still confused as to your opinion of Pete's speedo.....
Old 01-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #19
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,650
I think I'm ready for another long trip after reading this, brilliant ride report, thanks for sharing
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #20
SILVER_STR
DRZ400SM

Oddometer: 50
+ 1 St Kilda has the best pub food in town. i go there nearly every night of the week! (two meals for 12$ on wednesdays!!)
I was just leaving as you three pulled up along side the pub that day, i smiled when i seen the lil dr pull in with the two big ktms :)

A fellah, a QUICK fellah, might have a weapon under there. I'd have to pin his head to the panel...
SILVER_STR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #21
Dee Cee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Excellent report, it looked like a hoot.

I like the way that the 990's are set up with the high front guard.

Are they hard to set up?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #22
Doctor
Banned

Oddometer: 7,659
Excellent ride report , groovy photo's Baz where are we going
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
Donski70
n00b

Oddometer: 7
My 2 Cents

Ok well if I can add here
First of all thanks Ranger for organising and encouraging such a venture at very short notice.
Shakey and I could tell it was thrown together at short notice by the lack of organisation we experienced at every stop.
No sandwiches or refreshments at any stop, sometimes no fuel at the service station no booked accommodation, no set stop each night, I don’t know how you can charge those prices Ranger and provide no services....
If anyone has been anywhere with ranger they would know it is an unknown as to what may happen. This trip was no different and where ever we stopped we managed to strike up a conversation with anyone. Ranger does his best work in service stations and it is a sight to behold. you will always leave with a full tank and a laugh as the lady...or gent behind the counter is sitting there in bewilderment red faced or both at to the effects of cyclone ranger, young, old, man, woman, dog, sheep.....no sorry no dogs or sheep just people...
The ease of this trip how it went, how the bikes went, how Shakey went....with anyone, well we have photos of him with both of us, go on show em rob, we did have some directional issues at one stage that did resemble a pissing contest but that was soon lost to the countryside and the amazing views around each corner.
GOULBOURN
To the "weird" notes in Goulbourn, we arrived at a servo in the middle of town in 40 something degree heat to find it resembling something like a discount servo in Brisbane selling fuel at 30c a litre, there seemed to be people everywhere, upon taking our helmets off the was 2 different arguments occurring the lady working there marching around doing something it made it even more spectacular as the arguments seemed to be in some other language as well. Upon payment ranger got a lesson from the lady behind the counter on how to carry your water on a hot day, she had you measure ranger maybe the attendants at the previous servos rang ahead.....
The stop on the way back was lunch at a restaurant chain that seems to be everywhere these days bless them, where upon arrival and removal of helmets, there was a largish argument in the car park where a youngish impatient gent in an enhancing 4x4 had trouble waiting for an older lady to cross his path on her way to her car,....ranger also had to chat up a young lady trying to put her infant in the boot of her car and he suggested it may not be legal....maybe that’s why there is a prison in town.....
All the roads we were on were fantastic except the stretch of highway that ate the last of my tyre coming into the twilight zone of Goulbourn.
So once again thanks ranger and Shakey for a great trip, great company I never knew looking at Shakey that he could strangle a 990 and was such a good rapper as well busting out funky cold medina on karaoke,you do have a resemblance to Tone Loc, you fully sick dog. And I have the pics.
I did however know ranger was trouble and to see him weave his linguistic magic to the ladies is something you’ve got to see, except maybe that one in the pink dress in Armidale... and to adjust your attitude to your rear tyre on the putty and the resulting grin was magic.
And it would be remiss of me to mention the honourable trailtech speedo. I have had some really good support from Brian at trailtech in the US of A and I have a new sensor in the mail on the way to me as we speak....free of charge....I had to pay postage.
A ride to remember thanks guys.
Donski70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #24
ferals5
865+652

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donski70 View Post

To the "weird" notes in Goulburn,.......

into the twilight zone of Goulburn.

A ride to remember thanks guys.
Ahh see now your lucky you didn't stay the night.......you could have experienced so much more that we have to offer

thanks for sharing your ride fella's
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote