ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #211
Ronin1
Hoonigan
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: West Central Florida
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Thanks Jim. There is a bit of difference in our heights and that would probably affect things. Making a decision on a replacement windscreen is so danged difficult! What we need is a place we can try them out, then decide what works for us.
If you were in FL I'd say come ride it and see if it works.

Jim
Ronin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #212
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 464
Givi 1 piece.

Stuck in the garage at 20 degrees. shitty cell phone pic
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #213
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
Givi 1 piece.

Stuck in the garage at 20 degrees
20? thats still warm. take her for a spin!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ature&page=369
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #214
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SE USA
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
Givi 1 piece.

Stuck in the garage at 20 degrees. shitty cell phone pic
Thanks for the pictures......that model is still on my list of possibilities. I think that Givi fixed model (6401DT I think) looks fine.

You maybe have answered this elsewhere, but it's all running together.......what's your height and inseam? Can you compare this Givi to the OEM screen? My complainst about the OEM are noise....I have no real buffeting, but I do have the wind on my chest, and of course its lack of weather protection. Curious how the Givi is in those areas?

Thanks.
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #215
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Thanks for the pictures......that model is still on my list of possibilities. I think that Givi fixed model (6401DT I think) looks fine.

You maybe have answered this elsewhere, but it's all running together.......what's your height and inseam? Can you compare this Givi to the OEM screen? My complainst about the OEM are noise....I have no real buffeting, but I do have the wind on my chest, and of course its lack of weather protection. Curious how the Givi is in those areas?

Thanks.
Post 206, 5'11, 32in , much better than the stock, no air on face up to 65, will get a better pic this weekend
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #216
Meatman
99' Tiger
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Boulder Creek
Oddometer: 11
I love my cee bailiey!

I don't know if anyone has chimed in about cee bailey windscreens. I don't have the new xc but I do have one on my 99' and I love it!
Here's a link to the tiger section on cee bailey
Meatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #217
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SE USA
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
Post 206, 5'11, 32in , much better than the stock, no air on face up to 65, will get a better pic this weekend
Thanks. Appreciate the info on the Givi fixed 'screen. Bad news is no air on face up to 65.......it gets warm where I ride.
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #218
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Thanks. Appreciate the info on the Givi fixed 'screen. Bad news is no air on face up to 65.......it gets warm where I ride.
It gets a bit warm here too. I think you would be happy, there is enough cooling air but not so much you need to shut the visor. When it rained the other day, the visor fogged over, I cracked it and it cleared. Most of the air is flowing over, but not all. The madstad is only going to be less airflow. Price you pay if you want silence.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #219
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SE USA
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
I don't know if anyone has chimed in about cee bailey windscreens. I don't have the new xc but I do have one on my 99' and I love it!
Here's a link to the tiger section on cee bailey
Thanks for the link. But no prices; any idea where to get them?
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #220
SPX
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Thanks for the link. But no prices; any idea where to get them?
Website says that they won't be available until March 2013. I am sure once they're available, the site will be updated with ordering instructions.
SPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #221
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SE USA
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPX View Post
Website says that they won't be available until March 2013. I am sure once they're available, the site will be updated with ordering instructions.
Ah, thanks.
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #222
984gasm
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 39
MRA TouringScreen on Twisted Throttle

I am liking the look of this one, a little more subtle. Anyone have any experience with it? Thoughts?

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-t...iger-800xc-11#
984gasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #223
Dubl-A
SuckerDucker
 
Dubl-A's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 505
Oddometer: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
It does not compliment the front of the bike well at all.

His looks way better than yours IMO. Although function should be over form.
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #224
spacekadet
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney, NSW
Oddometer: 223
Adding to the body of knowledge

Here are my experiences in case they are helpful to anybody else.

Bike: 2012 Tiger XC, suspension lowered 20 mm, seat in low position
Me: 176 cm / 5'10, long torso short legs
Problem: intolerable wind noise. I get ringing in my ears even wearing prescription ear plugs. I have no problem at all on my windowless trail bike.

1. Fitted Triumph screen adjuster. With screen in highest position there was a slight improvement, but still unacceptable.

2. Fitted Triumph tall screen with height adjuster. With screen in high position, further improvement, becoming more tolerable. Wind jet hits about 50-100 mm from top of helmet. If I duck my head down I can get into the zone of total serenity but I can't ride like that.

It seems like I need a windshield that is 100mm/4" taller than the tall screen - I don't think it's practical. I will now experiment with wind deflectors to try and get the jet over the top of my helmet, or at least soften it a bit.
spacekadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 AM   #225
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SE USA
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekadet View Post
Here are my experiences in case they are helpful to anybody else.

Bike: 2012 Tiger XC, suspension lowered 20 mm, seat in low position
Me: 176 cm / 5'10, long torso short legs
Problem: intolerable wind noise. I get ringing in my ears even wearing prescription ear plugs. ......

It seems like I need a windshield that is 100mm/4" taller than the tall screen - I don't think it's practical. I will now experiment with wind deflectors to try and get the jet over the top of my helmet, or at least soften it a bit.
It's tough to find a solution sometimes....and you're that time apparently. You might try other things, like removing or adding a tankbag and a different helmet. Have any of the screens you're tried had one of those adjustable "flips" at the top? Might be worth a try. Also, is some wind able to enter under the lower, front part of the windscreen? I believe that helps "push" the airstream "up" as opposed to just following the contour of the screen right to the helmet top.

Please keep this thread updated.
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014