Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #32686
FODcan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Thanks for the replies on the seat height. I think I'll be happy with it, now I just need to wait on a sweeeet deal.
FODcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #32687
pfy50
Professional nOOb

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideonjon View Post
i've have some heated clothes that i want to use, gloves and a jacket,i was wondering what wire to tap into for the power.i have heard that the power wire going into the headlight hi/lo beam switch is a good one as it is only hot when the bike is running.does this have enough power to run both the headlight and my heated gear.
cheers,
jon
+2 Like mentioned above. rideonjon,
Your headlight is fused for 15 amps. Your jacket and gloves nominally use 7-10amps depending on brand and if used together. Your headlight uses 4.4 to 4.8amps which would put it very close to circuit overload. It is best that heated clothing has its own circuit; fused with or without a switch, depending on whether you do/don't have a rheostat to control heat.
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #32688
rideonjon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
thanks for the responses i just wired it direct to the battery with an inline fuse 15A,seems to work fine.
cheers,
jon
rideonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #32689
huron52
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Thank you all for the tire advice.... Ya I forgot that tire selection could be as bad a an oil thread. I think I'll put on the Kenda 760 and see if I like them plus I got them here just sitting in the garage.
huron52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #32690
Off Road USA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
hello all,,,new on the forum just picked up this WR 250R and have yet to ride it athough it now has 1500 miles on it,,(in the back of my p/u from idaho to west texas) good reviews on it, so i look for to some good rides ,,now,,are there fender bags available for it ???
Off Road USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #32691
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by winchester3030 View Post
hello all,,,new on the forum just picked up this WR 250R and have yet to ride it athough it now has 1500 miles on it,,(in the back of my p/u from idaho to west texas) good reviews on it, so i look for to some good rides ,,now,,are there fender bags available for it ???
Front, like for a spare tube; and rear, for tools, camera, water, and such. Many to choose from.

I use a Moose bag up front, about $25; and a Chase Harper 8800 bag in the back, about $40. Wolfman, DirtBikeGear, quite a few others make similar products.

Front:

Back (kind of smushed down in this pic):

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #32692
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideonjon View Post
thanks for the responses i just wired it direct to the battery with an inline fuse 15A,seems to work fine.
cheers,
jon
I do that also. Pluse since it's direct, I can also use that plug for a battery tender if the bike ever sits, or to run a small compressor to air up tires, heck I even use it to charge my cellphone/ipod etc. for a couple of hours when I touring on the little bike. It's nice to have an unfused connection to battery.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #32693
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
I do that also. Pluse since it's direct, I can also use that plug for a battery tender if the bike ever sits, or to run a small compressor to air up tires, heck I even use it to charge my cellphone/ipod etc. for a couple of hours when I touring on the little bike. It's nice to have an unfused connection to battery.
I assume you mean "unswitched", not "unfused"?

You should always fuse those connections, especially the ones that are right to battery.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #32694
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Front, like for a spare tube; and rear, for tools, camera, water, and such. Many to choose from.

I use a Moose bag up front, about $25; and a Chase Harper 8800 bag in the back, about $40. Wolfman, DirtBikeGear, quite a few others make similar products.

Front:

Back (kind of smushed down in this pic):
Cool picture.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #32695
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I assume you mean "unswitched", not "unfused"?

You should always fuse those connections, especially the ones that are right to battery.
These electrical connections are a bit of a mystery to me. Anyone have any recommendations of sites that have some basic wiring info? One specific to the WRR would definitely be a bonus.

Thanks.
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #32696
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,177
Just get one of these. http://www.fuzeblocks.com/. Tap into your plate light wire, good ground and power from the battery and wire accessories as required.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #32697
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
You might take a look at a Fuzeblock for the simplest of wiring all your stuff.
You really only need to wire a + wire to the + on the battery and a - wire to the - on the battery, then one more to a switched wire (one that is hot when the key is turned on like the tailight). After that it's a piece o cake.

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/index.php?pid=2

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #32698
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,963
Fuzeblockism

...Ha!...I guess that's 2 votes!

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #32699
oldtrucks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
These electrical connections are a bit of a mystery to me. Anyone have any recommendations of sites that have some basic wiring info? One specific to the WRR would definitely be a bonus.

Thanks.
Eastern Beaver has a really simple 3 circuit that works great for adding accessories to the WR. Complete with relays and fuses. It's available in two configurations, 3 switched circuits and 2 switched/1 unswitched

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wi...3_circuit.html

I've used it on the WR and a DR650, makes wiring super easy
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #32700
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrucks View Post
Eastern Beaver has a really simple 3 circuit that works great for adding accessories to the WR. Complete with relays and fuses. It's available in two configurations, 3 switched circuits and 2 switched/1 unswitched

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wi...3_circuit.html

I've used it on the WR and a DR650, makes wiring super easy
I have the Eastern Beaver 3CS on my DL650 and love it. I use it to run heated gear and a 12v outlet. I have not hooked up a 3rd circuit to it yet. I keep thinking one would be nice for the WR. I just had not ordered one for it yet and wondered if it easily fit under the seat.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote