User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #2041
Lee990Adventure
Lee1190Adventure

Oddometer: 22
New 1190 Adventure

Hi guys, have a buyer for my 990SMR (which replaced my 990ADV when I moved back to the uk) and am seriously contemplating buying a new orange 1190 Adv with the electronic suspension package, heated grips and seats plus luggage - comes to just under £15,000 with garmin nav, already started visiting the only KTM dealers i know in Bristol and Tewkesbury to get a demo when available.

Does anyone know what the ec homologated top speed is? Will it be possible to disable the anti-wheelie function? (sure KTM wouldn't release a bike that couldn't wheelie!) and finally, can anyone recommend a good dealer in the South West UK? I live near Bristol and would be delighted to meet up with any similar-minded people for ride-outs this year.

Plans include taking the wife to Paris in the spring for a long weekend, two weeks jaunt using the Plymouth-Bilbao ferry for a trip down through Portugal, back up to Madrid, Andorra. Along the Southern French coast then back up via the alps - and a few trips down to Salisbury plains to play on the gravel in-between - also hoping to join the Touratech guys near Swansea for a few 'soft-road' trips this summer.
Lee990Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #2042
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee990Adventure View Post
Hi guys, have a buyer for my 990SMR (which replaced my 990ADV when I moved back to the uk) and am seriously contemplating buying a new orange 1190 Adv with the electronic suspension package, heated grips and seats plus luggage - comes to just under £15,000 with garmin nav, already started visiting the only KTM dealers i know in Bristol and Tewkesbury to get a demo when available.

Does anyone know what the ec homologated top speed is? Will it be possible to disable the anti-wheelie function? (sure KTM wouldn't release a bike that couldn't wheelie!) and finally, can anyone recommend a good dealer in the South West UK? I live near Bristol and would be delighted to meet up with any similar-minded people for ride-outs this year.

Plans include taking the wife to Paris in the spring for a long weekend, two weeks jaunt using the Plymouth-Bilbao ferry for a trip down through Portugal, back up to Madrid, Andorra. Along the Southern French coast then back up via the alps - and a few trips down to Salisbury plains to play on the gravel in-between - also hoping to join the Touratech guys near Swansea for a few 'soft-road' trips this summer.
Enjoy !! Sounds like you have the summer all sewn up !

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #2043
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee990Adventure View Post

Top speed on large enduro bikes with semi/off road tyres, large front wheel will always be governed by the pilot due to the bikes stability. I still have no idea what the top speed is on the SE, I’ve had 115mph on a fair day, normally 90mph is max before my arsehole closes the air intake. What was the top speed of the SMR?

charlie264 screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 07:00 AM
charlie264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #2044
Tiggersteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Be surprised if it's not nudging 140+, 1190cc and 150horses, it's multi territory,
anyway, bit of luck only a couple of weeks to find out
Tiggersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #2045
vanilla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Plenty fast enough, I'm sure!!

My 990 is up for sale if anyone interested? Black 2007 with 10k mikes and loads of extras...
vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #2046
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
Plenty fast enough, I'm sure!!

My 990 is up for sale if anyone interested? Black 2007 with 10k mikes and loads of extras...
So's mine !!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #2047
vanilla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
So's mine !!
Buy mine get pebble's free!
vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #2048
Anders J.
SUPERenduro

Oddometer: 29
http://adventurebikewermland.se/wp-c...5-17.13.02.jpg

Nice!
Anders J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #2049
skipman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
So...the 1190 R is going to have abs and electronic adj. susp.? I love the look and sound of the 1190 but don't want that crap on it.....Just my opinin but the 990R has enough wires and connections.....

'10 KTM 990r
skipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #2050
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
R doesn't have the electronic suspension thing. :-))
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #2051
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,924
What is this, Round 11?, on why the 1190 can't be as good or better than the 9X0?
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #2052
Lee990Adventure
Lee1190Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Top speed on large enduro bikes with semi/off road tyres, large front wheel will always be governed by the pilot due to the bikes stability. I still have no idea what the top speed is on the SE, I’ve had 115mph on a fair day, normally 90mph is max before my arsehole closes the air intake. What was the top speed of the SMR?
Hi Charlie,

The SMR tops out at 240kmh/150mph every time, at the redline in top, regular as clockwork, has full titanium Akropovic system and mapping to suit, my old 990Adv was good for about 220kmh and pulled glorious power wheelies off the throttle in first and second, rode a Honda crosstourer on demo a couple of weeks ago realised I missed the riding position and comfort of the big travel-enduro bikes, but I enjoy the tactile responses a KTM delivers and hoping the 1190Adv will have a wild side - which given their history I'm sure it will.

Rode my old Adventure all over Romania, Bulgaria and looking forward to using the 1190 in mainland Europe this summer, UK a little crowded for 'enthusiastic' motorcycling, and gravel roads are hard to find (legally).

Regards,

L
Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #2053
Lee990Adventure
Lee1190Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
What is this, Round 11?, on why the 1190 can't be as good or better than the 9X0?
I know what you mean, nice to see a little loyalty though isn't it! 990 is a great bike, I know the 1190T will be a little more road biased than a 990Adv but I'm sure it'll cope with fast gravel roads and hard-packed dirt ok, have a 450EXCR for really dirty adventures!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #2054
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Seems like they forgot something. http://imgur.com/0FiKEm8
Katoom72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #2055
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipman View Post
So...the 1190 R is going to have abs and electronic adj. susp.? I love the look and sound of the 1190 but don't want that crap on it.....Just my opinin but the 990R has enough wires and connections.....
No electronic suspension on the R and the abs can be switched off ........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD