Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 330 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #4891
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
You guys would have to make 465,250 credits plus half the cost of the component upgrades before you would start turning a profit.
Does that include the sell-it-again-when-I'm-done factor?
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #4892
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Does that include the sell-it-again-when-I'm-done factor?
You'll sell it for what you buy it for if there is a sale, but there doesn't seem to be. SO you'll sell it for half of what you buy it for... so his number for just the tank seems correct.

Problem is, the E8 isn't a tank that does what it really needs to do with camo and binocs, so you're going to want to install some other items that will cost gold to remove, and silver to get if you don't have them sitting around - like a vent.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #4893
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I haven't played them all, so I've only seen the 704 in action... but I used to think the very same until I mistakenly went into a few battles with the 122mm that I took off, then put back on and forgot about. Now I'm not sure if either is 'better,' but I've been doing just fine with the 122. The 100mm snipes better, that's for sure.
I found the 122 to be inadequate at long range, equivalent at medium range, and superior at close range. That change costs 85k for the gun and 1k for each AP shell. Too me at least, the credit cost isn't worth it.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #4894
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Thinking the same thing
Me too, but then I decided I drive something that kills E8s really well.
There are going to be a bunch of them out.
I'm thinking Hellcat or KV1S.
Might have to put the fast gun on the Hellcat though.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #4895
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,338
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #4896
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Cat, that video was cool, but if may be considered a 'snuff' video if there was a tank crew in it. I know I've posted a video of a motorcyclist who hit a truck, but I was reprimanded for it since they said it was a snuff video (there was every change the guy lived, and it was in some 3rd world country, so I'm not sure how they verified the guy died, but...) There is another modern video out that definitely has a crew dying in it, so I won't embed the video, but it can be found at YouTube's /watch?v=cluLF5zz2qw&noredirect=1

----------

My SU-122-44's

First

Battle

Ever

Not even a 'good' crew. Two have semi-perks, the top two have no perks at all, and aren't 100%... I guess me having a driver at 100%, and with about 1/3'rd of the Clutch Braking perk, made all the difference.

Damage, you ask? Keep in mind this is a tier 7 tank, not a tier 8.

No Gold rounds were used during the making of this film. But I was on my last regular round of ammo, and would have had to use Gold next. 3 rounds left:

Down to the last round, but my kill was made.

And here is the 122-44 down at the bottom with the questionable tanks that no-one likes to admit they played, or played poorly:

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 08:46 PM
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #4897
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post

Looks like I'll spend the weekend playing the T25at (and E8) and trying to get my win rate past 40%

you are below40% overall, or with a certain tank? I think I am at 47% OA.
which isnt great, bit i see a lot of the 'really good' players in the 52% range so I dont feel too bad.
my survival rate is less though
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #4898
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,196
Quote:
My SU-122-44's

Down to the last round, but my kill was made.

First, Dang good game, I am not really surprised as it probably plays alot like the T-28 TD. I am really surprised the Churchill lived, and did decently well for being out tiered.

What is the hit log you have in the upper right?

Also, have you figured out what the issue is with the stack of numers next to your lag smiley face? I have the same thing going on and it annoyes the hell out of me.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #4899
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
First, Dang good game, I am not really surprised as it probably plays alot like the T-28 TD. I am really surprised the Churchill lived, and did decently well for being out tiered.

Also, have you figured out what the issue is with the stack of numers next to your lag smiley face? I have the same thing going on and it annoyes the hell out of me.
I'm not sure it plays like a T-28 TD. I've never owned one (I did, however, own a T-28 Prototype) but T-28's seem super slow, where-as this is a rocket ship. I know I hit over 40 kph on the flats, and am not sure what its top speeds are on flats or down hills. Also, the gun is inaccurate, so being slow and sitting back and sniping won't work with this TD... this TD is meant to be in their faces. Which, considering it has a low armor amount and no turret, requires that it gets put into dangerous situations far more often. I guess that's the balance - a good platform for its tier, but one in which the player has to possibly die early.

Thanks for the compliment on the good game - I'm sure I just got lucky.

The hit log, I believe, is a function of the XVM. I think it was Jason who helped me the hits to start showing, and to move it to that position. I like it now, but I really don't use that info throughout the battle.

And I have no clue what the dela is with the numbers going over each other, but I have a feeling it is due to Jimbo's reticule mod or XVM clashing with the most recent patch's numbers. It doesn't bother me since I don't use that info either. For my account, before those numbers started overlapping, nothing up there ever seemed to indicate I was incurring lag when I was actually incurring lag.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 01-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #4900
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm not sure it plays like a T-28 TD. I've never owned one (I did, however, own a T-28 Prototype) but T-28's seem super slow, where-as this is a rocket ship. I know I hit over 40 kph on the flats, and am not sure what its top speeds are on flats or down hills. Also, the gun is inaccurate, so being slow and sitting back and sniping won't work with this TD... this TD is meant to be in their faces. Which, considering it has a low armor amount and no turret, requires that it gets put into dangerous situations far more often. I guess that's the balance - a good platform for its tier, but one in which the player has to possibly die early.

The hit log, I believe, is a function of the XVM. I think it was Jason who helped me the hits to start showing, and to move it to that position. I like it now, but I really don't use that info throughout the battle.

And I have no clue what the dela is with the numbers going over each other, but I have a feeling it is due to Jimbo's reticule mod or XVM clashing with the most recent patch's numbers. It doesn't bother me since I don't use that info either. For my account, before those numbers started overlapping, nothing up there ever seemed to indicate I was incurring lag when I was actually incurring lag.
For some reason I though you had the non turreted version as well, and I did not realize the gun was that in-accurate on those, it always seemes that I am getting hit by them from a long ways away.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #4901
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post

The stacked numbers are overlapping clocks from 2 different mods. I forget which ones and can't look right now because I'm still at work (and have been for 16 hours ), but remind me next time you catch me in teamspeak. There's a certain file that you'll need to remove from the res_mods/gui/flash folder and then everything will be good to go.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #4902
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

You are correct, the hit log is a function of XVM. It's actually one of my favorite features of XVM.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #4903
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Just dumped ~800k silver on consumables because they're half off. Picked up 125 each of small fire extinguishers, small first aid kits, and 100-octane gasoline. Also picked up 271 small repair kits. Hopefully this will last me until next time consumables go on sale.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 AM   #4904
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecks View Post
Just dumped ~800k silver on consumables because they're half off. Picked up 125 each of small fire extinguishers, small first aid kits, and 100-octane gasoline. Also picked up 271 small repair kits. Hopefully this will last me until next time consumables go on sale.
Two sales ago I found that 350 repair kits weren't enough between sales.

One sale ago I stocked up with 500 repair kits, and that did last until this sale. I repair my tracks probably more than most. I figure if I got hit once there and took damage, I don't want to wait around to get hit again.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 01-26-2013, 04:30 AM   #4905
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I figure if I got hit once there and took damage, I don't want to wait around to get hit again.
I guess I just put myself in some really bad spots. It seems that when I get tracked and use a repair kit I try to back out and will get tracked immediately again... My timing must suck royally or those are the ones that agrivate me so I remember them more.

Big Bird 928 screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 04:53 AM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: