ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #1411
espi
scheming adventurer
 
espi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA.
Oddometer: 517
Saline Valley hot Springs freak...



I think this freak will be loitering @ the hot springs again with fuel & alcohol...


__________________
07 DR650 "The Tanker" as in fuel...- SOLD
08 KTM 990 ADV "Calavasa". sold
2011 F800GS "Vroomhilda"
espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #1412
Megaplow
Adventurer
 
Megaplow's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 80
Does anyone have a steering damper that will fit a 2002 KTM 525 exc?
I have never ridden with one and think DV would be a good place to try it out.

PM me if you can help a brother out.

See you out there,
Joe
__________________
07' KTM 525 EXC
Past:
08' KTM 990 Adv Black (I miss you baby)
05' BMW 1200 ST
00' BMW 1150 GS
Megaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #1413
Vermon
not gnarly
 
Vermon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: smelLA
Oddometer: 289
brang it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by espi View Post


I think this freak will be loitering @ the hot springs again with fuel & alcohol...


Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:38 pm
vernon wrote:

HEY wherrrre's PABLO??

...I will pay for his beer, pot, and hooker (if he is single)

he's the best support ever!!

yyyyeeeaaahhhh budddy!
Vermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #1414
espi
scheming adventurer
 
espi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA.
Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermon View Post
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:38 pm
vernon wrote:

HEY wherrrre's PABLO??

...I will pay for his beer, pot, and hooker (if he is single)

he's the best support ever!!

yyyyeeeaaahhhh budddy!

Right on!! I'll be sure to have a "functioning" bathing suite this time
can't wait to see all you FF's @ Pablo's beer/gas oasis, 65ish dirt miles away from Panamint Springs resort
__________________
07 DR650 "The Tanker" as in fuel...- SOLD
08 KTM 990 ADV "Calavasa". sold
2011 F800GS "Vroomhilda"
espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #1415
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net
 
ConTeacher's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: High Desert, CA
Oddometer: 228
Another Raffle Prize!

Kevin & Christine Muggleton, owners of Redverz Gear ( www.REDVERZ.com ) have donated a Redverz Go Bag - 13L Dry Bag!



Protect Mission-Critical Gear With Our Most Portable, Fully Waterproof Dry Bag, The Go Bag.

Made of PVC-free TPU laminated 420D nylon fabric, the Redverz 13-Liter Go Bag is designed specifically to protect your mission-critical gear out on the road. Keep your investments dry and functioning when you need them most. The Go Bag is fully waterproof with a roll-top closure and fits neatly in a pannier or straps securely on the back of your bike. Our 10,000mm waterproof hydrostatic head, high frequency welded bags are more durable, abrasion resistant and lighter than their vinyl counterparts in even the nastiest weather.

If you like it or need it, bag it! Dimensions L 11.5" x W 7" L 39cm x 18cm



Redverz Gear™ is a family owned and run business based in Denver, Colorado, founded by, Kevin Muggleton. Kevin is a London born, ex British Army, adventure traveler and photographer. He has spent 20 years traveling and riding around the world.


.
__________________
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #1416
Ratchdaddy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ratchdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: 29 Palms, CA
Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post


Have you met some of these people....


Nope, but looking forward to it.

Actually, I'm just going for the chance to win all that SWAG!!!!!!
__________________
Ratchdaddy
2014 R1200 GSA
1988 NX250
1977 Condor
1987 Honda Battle Spree
Ratchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #1417
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by espi View Post


I think this freak will be loitering @ the hot springs again with fuel & alcohol...





damn. pablo, good you posted up.and gave hope to many of us. if it wasn't for your gas, paul and i will never make it back to camp.

you are da man.

this year is going to see hordes of PPs there at the springs looking for you. 55 gal should keep everyone happy.....

let's coordinate and come up with a plan.

thanks pablo for chiming in,


NSFW screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 11:29 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #1418
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl
 
Cowgirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC - for now
Oddometer: 3,949
I might have to try to make it out to the hot springs this time

I'm all signed up for Jimmy's Wednesday course. Somebody else can have the prize for falling down the most times this year!
__________________
Cougar tracks
The initial pawprints
The blind date
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #1419
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaplow View Post
Does anyone have a steering damper that will fit a 2002 KTM 525 exc?
I have never ridden with one and think DV would be a good place to try it out.

PM me if you can help a brother out.

See you out there,
Joe
02 is 520, then 03-07 is 525.

joe. undermount or over? scott or emig?

do you have the mount and just looking for the damper?

i have something like this on my o3. do you have all the parts except for the damper?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I might have to try to make it out to the hot springs this time

I'm all signed up for Jimmy's Wednesday course. Somebody else can have the prize for falling down the most times this year!

go girrrrlll....

you might even see some nekkkkid men....

the springs is nice, pretty much a full day of riding. mixed terrain which makes it good riding.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #1420
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,167
awesome job bill.....

good stuff.someone will be happy.

thank you.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ConTeacher View Post
Kevin & Christine Muggleton, owners of Redverz Gear ( www.REDVERZ.com ) have donated a Redverz Go Bag - 13L Dry Bag!



Protect Mission-Critical Gear With Our Most Portable, Fully Waterproof Dry Bag, The Go Bag.

Made of PVC-free TPU laminated 420D nylon fabric, the Redverz 13-Liter Go Bag is designed specifically to protect your mission-critical gear out on the road. Keep your investments dry and functioning when you need them most. The Go Bag is fully waterproof with a roll-top closure and fits neatly in a pannier or straps securely on the back of your bike. Our 10,000mm waterproof hydrostatic head, high frequency welded bags are more durable, abrasion resistant and lighter than their vinyl counterparts in even the nastiest weather.

If you like it or need it, bag it! Dimensions L 11.5" x W 7" L 39cm x 18cm



Redverz Gear™ is a family owned and run business based in Denver, Colorado, founded by, Kevin Muggleton. Kevin is a London born, ex British Army, adventure traveler and photographer. He has spent 20 years traveling and riding around the world.


.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #1421
ahwarm
Adventurer
 
ahwarm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Ca
Oddometer: 40
Still possible to sign up?

Andy
ahwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #1422
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwarm View Post
Still possible to sign up?

Andy

Looks like there is still space on the list, follow the instructions on the first page of the thread
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #1423
espi
scheming adventurer
 
espi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA.
Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post



damn. pablo, good you posted up.and gave hope to many of us. if it wasn't for your gas, paul and i will never make it back to camp.

you are da man.

this year is going to see hordes of PPs there at the springs looking for you. 55 gal should keep everyone happy.....

let's coordinate and come up with a plan.

thanks pablo for chiming in,


Sure thing- As we get closer, I'll start taking pre orders on fuel, beverages, spare parts, whatever you think you might need out in the middle of "nowhere". I can also haul your stuff out to the hot springs area if you'd like- pending space in my truck. I want to shout out to any other HAM radio Operators out there- Please bring your radios and lets try to host a radio relay safety net to help our fellow riders out in case of mishaps.

There are no repeaters out there so we'll have to be simplex, either a 144 or 440 band.

cheers,
Pablo (ki6bdb)
__________________
07 DR650 "The Tanker" as in fuel...- SOLD
08 KTM 990 ADV "Calavasa". sold
2011 F800GS "Vroomhilda"
espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #1424
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,844
Warm Springs - Saline Valley

Pablo was a terrific host out at the springs last year. Was my first visit there. He shoved a beer in my hand and said 'Drink'. Thanks Pablo!!


It's a long way out there, seems like we rode for hours to get there, only to have to ride back. IIRC it's about 65 miles from PSR. Saline Valley road is very rocky, but there are some smooth sections to make up some time as well. Easy to miss the turn off. It is also farther off the main road than you might suspect. It appears as an oasis way off in the distance. One of the most remote places in the country and well worth the effort to see it. We need to setup a group ride out and back. We stopped up at Hunter Cabin on the way out. That's probably what made it seem so far because the trip back was easier and shorter.






Pretty fish pond under the palm trees. Great place for shade and a lunch stop.

__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RRLaguna Seca 2012 RRSequoia 3-Day CampoutThanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #1425
espi
scheming adventurer
 
espi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA.
Oddometer: 517
Thanks Chris for the kind words-
Looking forward to seeing you out there again
__________________
07 DR650 "The Tanker" as in fuel...- SOLD
08 KTM 990 ADV "Calavasa". sold
2011 F800GS "Vroomhilda"
espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014