Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #736
Scaredofthedirt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan View Post
Did it follow you home? Is your wife going to let you keep it as long as you promise to feed it?
I really wanted to like the Judge but early in the test ride I came to the conclusion I am not a cruiser rider. The variety / extent of my riding and expectations of a bike are way beyond what a cruiser can offer unless you are a dead set legend like RTWDoug or Rollin...

To be fair to Mr Victory the bike was never intended to be a goat track, long haul, dirt road or corner blaster.

The paint and finish on the Victory bikes is frekkin awesome especially the more bling models and there is some really clever styling and engineering work that has been incorporated into the bikes.

What is also super appealing of the Victory bikes is to me as a non-cruiser person is that unlike a certain other American brand you aren't expected to dress like a pirate and parade around with a lame sneer on yer face.

Having said all that, I would still very much like to have a Victory in the fleet even if it is only for a few rides per year and the rest of the time to polish and look at. Unfortunately, a week or so after the test ride I unexpectedly bought another house so 2013 is looking like a second year in a row of no additional bikes for me....

Scaredofthedirt screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 11:20 PM
Scaredofthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #737
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredofthedirt View Post

Having said all that, I would still very much like to have a Victory in the fleet even if it is only for a few rides per year
Does something like the Cross Country (bagger or full tour model) fit that bill? I guess I need to get my arse on one for a long stretch of miles and see. I've got the adventure bikes I want--curious to see what I could do with a long haul bike.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #738
Scaredofthedirt
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Does something like the Cross Country (bagger or full tour model) fit that bill? I guess I need to get my arse on one for a long stretch of miles and see. I've got the adventure bikes I want--curious to see what I could do with a long haul bike.
Hi Dan,

I guess the biggest issue for me with cruisers is that I still like to try and go around corners at speed.

I really dig the overall package that is my Ohlins suspended Scrambler but would like a cruiser something to round out the fleet.

The Judge was pitched as the most sporty or standard bike within the Victory range.

I'm curious to give these two a try

Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #739
Rollin'
does it come in black?

Oddometer: 954
Quote:
This is the list of rides I have done on a Victory. No problem touring on a Victory -

2006 My first IBA ride (2004 Vegas)
SS1000 1,094 miles in 21 hours and 30 minutes. Day one Milwaukee, WI to Georgetown, CO.
Ride continued with stops at Mt. Evens, Moab, UT, Capitol Reef N.P., Bryce Canyon N.P., Zion N.P. and Las Vegas.
Full trip - 11 days 4,252 miles.

2007 The 1500 mile day and the ride to Tijuana - (2004 Vegas)
BBG1500 1,516 miles in 22 hours and 37 minutes. Day one.
Ride continued with stops in Utah, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Border Fields State Park, CA, Tijuana, Sequoia N.P., Yosemite N.P. crossed Hwy. 50 to the Badlands and then to Spirit Lake, IA for the Victory Rally.
Full trip - 16 days 5,741 miles.

2008 48 States in less than 10 Days (2004 Vegas). The first Victory to complete this ride.
48-10 8,199 miles in 9 days 14 hours and 22 minutes.
Full trip - 11 days 8,758 miles.

2009 Group ride to HELL , MI and Back - (2006 Kingpin)
Lake Michigan 1000 1,040 miles in 20 hours and 38 minutes.

2010 49 States in less than 10 Days (2006 Kingpin). The first Victory to complete this ride.
First person to ride a Victory in all 50 States
49-10 8,818 miles in 9 days, 17 hours and 16 minutes.
SS5000 - 5000 miles in less than 5 days. Done during the 49-10.
Full trip -16 days - 11,907 miles.

2011 BBG1500 SS2000Gold SS1000 (2010 Vision 8-Ball). SS2000 Gold - The first Victory to complete this ride.
With stops in Utah, Million Dollar Highway in CO, Durango, CO, Pikes Peak and Rollinsville, CO.
BBG1500 1,521 miles in 23 hours and 54 minutes. Done during the SS2000 Gold.
SS2000 Gold 2,047 miles in 34 hours and 16 minutes.
SS1000 1,080 miles in 18 hours and 56 minutes. The ride home.
Full trip - 6 days 3,870 miles.

2012 SS1000 Ultimate Coast to Coast (2010 Vision 8-Ball). The first Victory to complete this ride.
SS1000 1,034 miles - Completed on the way to Florida..
Ultimate Coast to Coast Key West, FL to Prudhoe Bay, AK - 5,613 miles in 7 days, 10 hours and 10 minutes.
Full trip 16 days 11,197 miles.
Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #740
MHaz01
I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer: 194
*Bows down to Rollin*
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #741
Scaredofthedirt
Studly Adventurer

Post 736 edited.

Excellent wok Rollin
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #742
NuckaMan
Space Available

Oddometer: 336
Rollin-

Do you just sleep on the bike....while moving?

On a serious note, have you ever owned Harley's or the metric counter-parts? Curious to hear your opinion between them and a Victory.

2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

2013 Triumph Bonneville
NuckaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #743
fhowell55
poser

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old fart View Post
Their becoming a Gay icon in this country, not that there's anything wrong with that.
you might note it's THEY'RE... not Their. also, in spite of the Seinfeld
phrase added, the gay comment we could do without.

and by the way, i don't own a Victory-- but i'd damn sure LIKE to!!
yesterday on the highway i saw a big silver & black Cross Country.
f*king beautiful...
fhowell55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #744
Rollin'
does it come in black?

Oddometer: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckaMan View Post
Rollin-

Do you just sleep on the bike....while moving?

On a serious note, have you ever owned Harley's or the metric counter-parts? Curious to hear your opinion between them and a Victory.
Other bikes - Yes, a little of everything. My last two bikes before I bought a Victory were Ducati's.
I bought my first Victory because I wanted to try something different.

I have never had a breakdown on any of my Victory road trips so I do trust the bike. I think my next bike will also be a Victory.
Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #745
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhowell55 View Post
yesterday on the highway i saw a big silver & black Cross Country.
f*king beautiful...
Sunday, I saw one rolling around Skiatook Lake (North of Tulsa) and had the same thought.

scotty918 screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 04:10 PM
scotty918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #746
NuckaMan
Space Available

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty918 View Post
Sunday, I saw one rolling around Skiatook Lake (North of Tulsa) and had the same thought.
Me too, saw a Cross Country in Death Valley NP over the weekend....I thought it was impresive looking.

2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

2013 Triumph Bonneville
NuckaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #747
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty918 View Post
That the rider was gay?
woodnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #748
Kelvininin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredofthedirt View Post
Hi Dan,

I guess the biggest issue for me with cruisers is that I still like to try and go around corners at speed.
A Victory is perfect then. I have a Victory Vision, I take the "turn speed signs" tack and additional 20 mph on and that's the speed I can take the corner 2 up, fully loaded, music blasting, cruse set, with my hands off the bars...

No joke, the Vision is the best handling touring bike I have ever ridden.

I can then swap to my Super Tenere and ride circles around the Vision.

True story, another Vision rider and I were blasting around Mt St. Helen's, came up on some sport bike riders, they waved us passed, tried to hang but couldn't. I know rider skill has a lot to do with it, but unless you are on a fat tire bike, most Victorys handle like fighter jets... Almost, any way, they don't normally leave the ground.
Kelvininin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #750
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,398
I wish Victory would make something smaller, maybe comparable to a Harley Sportster. Something aimed more at first time riders, and blue collar types like me that cannot afford $20,000 bikes. The Sportster would be great if it were not so cramped. I don't see how it would cost much to make the frame just a little bigger, to make it more suitable for larger riders. The price difference between a Sportster and a big twin is huge. I cannot afford a new big twin either.

I've never even sat on one, but from everything I've heard, the VRod is a great bike if not judged as a Harley. Harley types don't tend to like it because it is not traditional (what Harley is all about) and most Japanese riders won't buy it because it has the Harley name. It just might be one of the best deals out there, especially used, if it is judged as a motorcycle rather than a brand name.

And I could certainly ride a Harley without dressing like a pirate. In fact I refuse to dress like a pirate no matter what I'm riding. I have my own identity, I don't need to borrow one.
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote