Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #181
Manneman
Polarbear

Oddometer: 128
I´m highlighting this thread since I have a rattling sound on my bike. It has ran 35000 K since march 2011 and I´ve done all service required on the bike and this sound appeared 3 weeks ago, I haven´t driven it since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6gPEnuhxs
Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #182
Golyo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manneman View Post
I´m highlighting this thread since I have a rattling sound on my bike. It has ran 35000 K since march 2011 and I´ve done all service required on the bike and this sound appeared 3 weeks ago, I haven´t driven it since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6gPEnuhxs

My mechanic said that in high milage XTs, the crankshaft's nut sometimes gets loose. The engine makes a sound as if you had metal pieces in the chamber, waiting to explode. Sounds even worse than yours. Completely harmless though, you need to tighten the bolt. I atlso happened to a Hungarian XT600 member, who had more than 100K kms in the engine. He thought it was toast, but there was no damage, whatsoever.
Golyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #183
ToreLo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Hey!

Check this Rally fairing out!!!

I just ordered one for 160 EURO plus P&P. It has got the right measurements for the Gilimototank. I ordered a clamp from OTR and will fit a carbonplate on the inside where I gear up my gauges. Lights from OTR aswell but tower homemade in stainless.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622796
Hi!

Keep us updated on this one! Lykke til!
ToreLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #184
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
I'm going to put the rally raid XR650R fairing on my XTR....
http://www.rallyraid.co.uk/shop/prod...?prod=RRXR650F

I have just finished shoe horning a B&B Tenere bash plate & Yamaha XT660 Tenere engine bars on to the XTR...

.................................................. .........

Quote:
Hey!

Check this Rally fairing out!!!

I just ordered one for 160 EURO plus P&P. It has got the right measurements for the Gilimototank. I ordered a clamp from OTR and will fit a carbonplate on the inside where I gear up my gauges. Lights from OTR aswell but tower homemade in stainless.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #185
gnuttis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Hello

Just gonna say hello and tell about my XT660R -07 a little. After I rode my KTM 690 Enduro R -11in Tuareg Rallye 2012 with the Swedish Rally Raid Team I decided to sell the bike & buy something cheaper to take a little break. I bought a XT66R and yes it,s night and day between the bikes but it,s ok for me for now. After not to long I had to let it get some more air & power. Bought a 2-1 exhaust from OTR, PC5, O2 optimizer, KN filter. I rode the XT over the summer but felt the suspension is to weak in front as well in back but will wait to upgrade the back. Found a KTM WP 48mm from a KTM660SMC with the clamps from 690 Enduro and the SMC brembo break. The KTM660SMC front brake with 320mm disc is to big for my use in woods and trails so I gonna sell the fork & found a complete fork from a KTM 690Enduro 2012 to but a 300mm disc on it and use orig brake. I have found a solution to the steering stem and it,s finished but gonna use the black clamps from the other 690 enduro. I like the XT engine and will let it be original except the mods I have written. The black front fork have been shipped so will get it for about 2-3 weeks so will get back with more pictures.

Here is some pictures:
http://bit.ly/VPwC9X
gnuttis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #186
Süsser Tod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
I have the OffTheRoad topcase rack on my XT660R and it broke...

I'm thinking of having it fixed and reinforced and use it on my XT660X, but I want something for the XT660R. I was thinking of going with the Givi setup, the whole thing, topcase and pannier racks. I don't really trust the SW-Motech stuff for anything but on-road use, other setupś look way too bulky, the Givi seems nice and almost like if were just a set of supports for soft bags.

Any experience with the Givi setup off road?
Süsser Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #187
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Süsser Tod View Post
I have the OffTheRoad topcase rack on my XT660R and it broke...

I'm thinking of having it fixed and reinforced and use it on my XT660X, but I want something for the XT660R. I was thinking of going with the Givi setup, the whole thing, topcase and pannier racks. I don't really trust the SW-Motech stuff for anything but on-road use, other setupś look way too bulky, the Givi seems nice and almost like if were just a set of supports for soft bags.

Any experience with the Givi setup off road?
i have broken a hard case on my XTR... I use soft bags now.. far better
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #188
BlackDogZulu
XT fan

Oddometer: 4
My new XTR seems very boring compared to some of the amazing machines here. Bog standard, with Scottoiler, Yamaha rack and handguards, no-name crash bars and, oh yes, a TT sidestand switch protector :) I've had two XT350s in the past, then a break from riding due to illness, and when I got back into it I got an XT660R (2004). I sold it because I thought that the vibes were making my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome worse (they weren't), and I've been through a multitude of bikes since, ranging from a Ducati to a Pan13. But I always hankered after my XTR, so last week I sold the baby GS and bought a 2006 model. I couldn't be more pleased.

I;m an all-year, all-weather rider, so this bike will be my daily driver as well as a tourer (short and long distance) when I get the chance. Plans are for a set of Givi frames to support the soft bags, and perhaps a 2-1 system when funds allow. I have some LED marker lights to fit when I get a minute, and a 12v handlebar socket for the satnav is on order.

Here she is, but don't get too excited :) Please excuse the mess round the back of the house!

BlackDogZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #189
Süsser Tod
Studly Adventurer

Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #190
morena67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Süsser Tod View Post

_We are pretty near... aren't we...?
-Did you buy your fork and swingarm slide protectors here in Mexico...? If so, can you tell me where, please.
-Saludos...!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #191
Nev..
wannabe advrider

Oddometer: 235
Touratech GPS mounts on XT660R crossbar ?

Quick question for those in the know here. I am hiring an XT660R for a trip in New Zealand in a couple of months and I want to know if the crossbar on the XT660R handlebar will fit a touratech GPS mount directly without any adapter.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #192
Süsser Tod
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morena67 View Post

_We are pretty near... aren't we...?
-Did you buy your fork and swingarm slide protectors here in Mexico...? If so, can you tell me where, please.
-Saludos...!!!
All the farkles were bought in Germany (offtheroad).
Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #193
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer

Just done the DB1K over here in NZ... the XTR went well apart from the weight & surspention..
Had a little incirdent with a ditch at about 80kph...
blow fork seals/flat spoted front rim / rear caliper dented the metal mule pipe / rear tyre took a bit of the rear inner guard out...
It was a great 2 days......
USD forks & Ohlins shock conversion are a real must for the XTR..... My winter project...

PS... some of you fella's have some real pretty XTs

.................................................. ..........................

Pete-NZ screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 02:51 PM
Pete-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #194
mindazzz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37

The fairing a few posts above fits perfectly on my colleagues XT660R. More pics on the last page here:
Dnepr MT10-36

Rally fairings for BMW G650Xchallenge and maybe some other bikes...
mindazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #195
thumpervibes
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Im working on a retro/classic inspired scrambler project for my XTX. Working from the front back. Next will be filling and finishing the tank, then new side panels to allow for a new flat seat level with the frame and then i chop the tail to shorten the bike to the exhaust mounts. Its a work in progress but it looks nice already. The TKC 80's are fine on road as well. The new front 17 is a treat!
thumpervibes is offline   Reply With Quote