User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
1wheelwonder OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
XR250L, CRF250L and CRF250X Comparison

I currently own a bone stock 93 xr250L. Its been a great little bike and will go ANYWHERE I want to go as long as Im in no hurry. Ive got new bike-itis (the urge to buy a new bike) . The new fuel injected CRF250L caught my eye and the price tag is very attractive. Could someone give me some input of engine power difference between and old air cooled 250 vs new liquid cooled fuel injected 250 . Also interested in the CRF250X which I could get licensed for street. What are the differences between the X and the L. Would the X model have the same longevity as the L model?
1wheelwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wheelwonder View Post
I currently own a bone stock 93 xr250L. Its been a great little bike and will go ANYWHERE I want to go as long as Im in no hurry. Ive got new bike-itis (the urge to buy a new bike) . The new fuel injected CRF250L caught my eye and the price tag is very attractive. Could someone give me some input of engine power difference between and old air cooled 250 vs new liquid cooled fuel injected 250 . Also interested in the CRF250X which I could get licensed for street. What are the differences between the X and the L. Would the X model have the same longevity as the L model?
Go to the Honda website to compare the L and X. I own the L and I love it. The X is a motor cross bike that you can get street legal
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
1wheelwonder OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinsterner View Post
Go to the Honda website to compare the L and X. I own the L and I love it. The X is a motor cross bike that you can get street legal
Thanks im also interested in what the power difference is between old school 93 xr250L and new school fuel injected CRF250L. I would also like to know the longevity of the 250X motor compared to the L motor.

1wheelwonder screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 09:47 AM Reason: cuz i can
Old 01-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
If you want a no-brainer economical bike pick the L, but it will probably not impress you with its perfs.

With the X, you'll be in another world in power, but also in mileage & maintenance cost.

Im trying to have the best of both in the process of tuning my L, as the initial price lets a good margin for that

L
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
If you want a L, but it will probably not impress you with its perfs.

With the X, you'll be in another world in power, but also in mileage & maintenance cost.

Im trying to have the best of both in the process of tuning my L, as the initial price lets a good margin for that

L

The no-brainer economical bike pick the L, the XR250L. Power is basically the same and can be made much higher. The suspension is as good with real adjustments. More ground clearance and much lighter too.
No complex fuel injection to leave you stranded. Cheapest to buy and build also.

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
yard dog
cheap but not free

Oddometer: 226
I sold a 93 XR250L which I bought new to buy a CRF250L. Two reasons why, no more kickstarting in 100 degree heat at the bottom of a hill and the thing was 20 years old. Let it fall apart on someone else. Very happy with my new one and ain't looking back although the XR was a great bike.
yard dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
1wheelwonder OP
Adventurer

Yes Ken it has been a great bike and still is. ( I have your old bike )I didnt know you bought a crf250L... You should let me come over and check it out. I told you when I bought it from you I would give you first opportunity to buy it back, and here it is
Old 01-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
yard dog
cheap but not free

Oddometer: 226
I figured that was you Rick There aren't many XRL's around. After buying the new bike I'm poor. Take a hundred bucks for it I'll call you. Ken
yard dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #9
jseligman
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Laugh Riding style. How much time onstreet/dirt

Definitely feel it depends on the riding u plan on doing. The L is a very nice bike., perfect for a commuter but doesnt do as well on trails. The fuel injection makes for a smooth ride, though. With that said, id go for the x as i was considering getting the L as well, but now i think id rather convert my klx300r due to my 50/50 dirt/street habits. How would u go about street legalizing the X to a street title? Seems that will be the hardest obstacle.
jseligman is offline   Reply With Quote