ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Do you get offended at terms like Dutch uncle, going Dutch, Dutch wife, etc?
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #17
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 687
Bell Transport is great!!!

http://www.belltransport.net/

He works all the photo shoots we do and transports TONS of bikes.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
Gsteven OP
adventure gloggy

Oddometer: 49
Sent bell ship a mail.
As for getting offended about remarks of my Dutch heritage, No, I don't, I like being Dutch. Make all the jokes you want
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Gsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #19
agave248
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Shipping a Bike

I would not use uship. This December I bought an SRX 250 on ebay, there were 4 shipping quotes and uship was the lowest at 380$, the others were 650$ to 850$. I filled their form then with a wide window (over a month) and a dock option. The price went to 850$-900$. When I contacted them (not easy to do) costumer service Din't see the the problem.

I have worked with trucks and machinery all my life and have never seen anything like it. I work for a specialized transport company, asked dispatch and found out one of our drivers would be in the area. I gave him 100$ and he delivered it to our shop in Fort Collins Colorado. I did the same for a bike out of Dallas. I realize that this is not an option for most people.

I had a 1000 Lb diesel engine shipped from Miami for 400$ with no docks, if I remember right the broker was engine shippers.com . Two ZF ecolite transmissions from the Louisville Kentucky area weighing at lest 300 Lb each for 150$for both with Indiana core, great company.

There are other option, with CL ride share you don't know who will respond, kind of risky. We could work on a network for shipping and storage between us, could work but kind of complicated. I am sure that there are others here that work in -transportation, maybe we could work out a special rate, there are plenty of trucks not full to capacity on the road and a little extra money is better than no extra money.
agave248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #20
agave248
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
update on shipping

I no longer work for the specialized transport company. I left in pretty good terms and might still be able to help some one. Keep in mind that you would be dealing with the driver directly. The trailers are mostly drop decks and E-vans with a few flat beds. I still think this group is big enough to set up a shipping network. .
agave248 is offline   Reply With Quote