User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #14401
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 568
decals

any one know where to find cool graphics or decals for DR350 plastics? I have literally searched the whole internet with no results. google has let me down on that one.
redleger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #14402
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleger View Post
any one know where to find cool graphics or decals for DR350 plastics? I have literally searched the whole internet with no results. google has let me down on that one.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #14403
BigD_83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Have you seen this?

http://dr350.wikia.com/wiki/Tank_decals
BigD_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #14404
OldUKBikerGuy
Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
You did say 'plastics', but I've just bought a pair of these for my steel tank and I was impressed with them at such a bargain price.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...630937866.html

Just a shame they posted them folded up, but the creases will probably come out OK.

I wanted the genuine Suzuki look, but these were as close as I could find anywhere.

Hopefully I'll be posting the rebuilt bike with them fitted here in a month or two....
OldUKBikerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #14405
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,620
Anyone rebuilt a front master cylinder? Is it hard? Or should I just have the MC shop do it?

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #14406
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 568
Thank you for the info. All very good. between the Ebay, which I totally overlooked before, and the german site, I think I am gonna get this thing looking good. I also found a site that does only tank graphics, still deciding on it. Nothing for my DRZ though :(

http://www.xgxracing.com/index2.html
redleger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #14407
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
someone needs to sit down with a graphics company and make some for the DR with the Stock tank, and the aftermarket tanks. I tried making my own graphics not to long ago...but it ended up looking like crap! i think the sticker material just wouldnt stick the way i wanted it to. musta been the stuff it was made of?

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #14408
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
Anyone rebuilt a front master cylinder? Is it hard? Or should I just have the MC shop do it?
Depends what you are expecting....I've done several Brembo master cylinders over the years, and basically there's nothing to it other than pop it apart, replace seals, reassemble. However, sometimes there can be small tricks to getting the thing apart.

I was about to flush the brake fluid this fall and the first problem I had was a stick screw for the lid! Stupid stuff like that gets in the way but it should not be difficult.

Why the rebuild? Is there a rebuild kit for the DR masters or do you have to assemble the parts?
markk900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #14409
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk900 View Post
Depends what you are expecting....I've done several Brembo master cylinders over the years, and basically there's nothing to it other than pop it apart, replace seals, reassemble. However, sometimes there can be small tricks to getting the thing apart.

I was about to flush the brake fluid this fall and the first problem I had was a stick screw for the lid! Stupid stuff like that gets in the way but it should not be difficult.

Why the rebuild? Is there a rebuild kit for the DR masters or do you have to assemble the parts?
imma do the flush this spring as well. Always good to get the old crap outta there. Im starting to feel some spongey-ness to my front brakes so time to flush and see what i can do to help remove that bad feeling.

On another note, does anyone make SS braided hoses for the DR?

Old 01-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #14410
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14298
2bold2getold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #14411
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
someone needs to sit down with a graphics company and make some for the DR with the Stock tank, and the aftermarket tanks. I tried making my own graphics not to long ago...but it ended up looking like crap! i think the sticker material just wouldnt stick the way i wanted it to. musta been the stuff it was made of?
I don't think any kind of sticker will stick to the plastic aftermarket tanks because of the way they swell and shrink with heat.
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #14412
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,778
Quote:
imma do the flush this spring as well. Always good to get the old crap outta there. Im starting to feel some spongey-ness to my front brakes so time to flush and see what i can do to help remove that bad feeling.

Why wait till spring? Flushing brakes is only a ten-minute job. If you're not doing it annually (or at least bi-annually) you're asking for trouble down the road.

If you can't find a DR350-specific hose, there are plenty of places on-line or possibly walk-in (depending on where you are) that can make custom hoses for you.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #14413
FlyingWman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Ive got some prototype tank decals sitting in the corner. Buddy who runs a decal/car wrap business made them for me. They are extremely adhesive, and we put tons of tiny slits in it to hopefully allow for breathing. If these don't work longer than ?? months a 'perforated' set will be next. Ive seen pics of DR bikes with said perforated decals that did not look bubbled, not sure how long ago they were put on though. Do decals apply well in below freezing temps?
FlyingWman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #14414
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,620
Front master cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk900 View Post

Well I swapped the 98 forks over to my 97 yesterday. So i had to swap the wheel and brake caliper and cylinder( the caliper and master cylinder/brake lever all still connected as a unit so air in the line should not be an issue). I got it all on and was yelling my head sweet I can go for a ride! then I grabbed the front brake to pump it up after the wheel install and the lever pulled all the way to the bar. Pumped it again it doesn't get better still at the bar. Barley enough friction to stop the wheel. Pull the pads they are shot. So i know I need pads. The brake fluid needs changing so i need to do that too. Worst case if for some reason I need to replace the master cylinder seals ie rebuild it i wanted to know what i was getting into. So first things first new pads ordered then Ill flush the fluid then if that doesn't work ill rebuild the master cylinder.

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #14415
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bold2getold View Post
Your awesome! lol thanks!