ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #1
Ron in Boise OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Southern Utah Adventure

Southern Utah Spring Adventure
I am planning to head to Southern Utah about the middle of March. I am retired so I am planning for a couple of weeks of adventuring. I have a small motorhome and can camp where ever I want or is permissible.
I have researched this area a bit already and it looks like it would be best to start in the St. George area and then as the weather moderates, head to the east toward the Moab area. I have not explored this area on a dirt bike before; I have gotten some good input from the Adventure Riders forum. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852968
If there are other TW riders that have the time and the interest, I would welcome the company. I do have a lot of flexibility for my schedule. I don’t need to get back to Idaho until about the second week in April though. I understand the weather could be getting a little hot in Southern Utah by then anyway.
If you are interested in such an adventure, contact me. ronhbr@cableone.net
Happy Trails All
Ron in Boise
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
SportsGuy
icanhazdirt?

Oddometer: 538
Sounds like a solid, fun trip Rob. Be sure to post up a ride report when you can so we can follow along either during or after the event. ;)
SportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,543
I would not worry about it getting too hot until beyond mid-late May in the Moab area. Several trips in late April through early May have the highest temps in the mid 80s or so in the canyon like areas and it still gets into the 40's at night. March will still be on the cool side for my likes, especially in the mornings.

The book "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells is an excellent guide to the Moab area if you do not have anyone with local experience around, sometimes even with :-). There is an ATV version of the book also, I found the 4WD book most useful for DS riding though.

K7MDL screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 02:23 PM
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
lincolnlock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
There is a ton of cool riding around Saint George. You can ride from right near the St George airport all the way to Colorado City Arizona on the temple trail. There is also a trail called the honeymoon trail that will take you a long way into Arizona. There are a bunch of old forts and cool Moab style rock formations in the area as well. Don't forget to ride the Green River Cutoff road near Price. It's one of the coolest places I've ever been. There are also some old homesteads and things to see out there.
lincolnlock is offline   Reply With Quote