Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #15616
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,170
That looks way better than I anticipated. Some of the older, IB seats he's made look like they belong in a Town Car.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #15617
MariusD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
Yankee Dog:
What side cases are those? They look nice and roomy, I get they fit a lot of stuff. Do you have a side picture of your bike with them?
MariusD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #15618
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusD View Post
Yankee Dog:
What side cases are those? They look nice and roomy, I get they fit a lot of stuff. Do you have a side picture of your bike with them?
OEM Triumph luggage.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #15619
W. Boyter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Tiger 1200 XC - Stateside, Anyone?

I put down my deposit the day Triumph announced the model. What might have been a late February delivery is now being promised in April (maybe), and I've got a few plans for the machine.
W. Boyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #15620
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,909
yes they are the Triumph bags. Lots of room on the left side. The exhaust on the right takes up rather a lot of space however. I went with them because of the quick on/off feature. And also because they were already on the bike when I bought it slightly used.

The Mayer seat is the basket weave vinyl. They also come in leather for an upcharge. See the website for details. I went with the vinyl as it holds up better when left out in the sun for long periods. and as I commute with it a lot, it will get left in the parking lot this summer all day in the hot Alabama sun.

And I still really like it. Like no seat I have ever sat on before.
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #15621
Oshiat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
I have a Rick Mayer seat on my bike and agree that its pretty nice. Wife hasn't tried her seat yet but its twice as thick as stock.
Oshiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #15622
MariusD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
yes they are the Triumph bags. Lots of room on the left side. The exhaust on the right takes up rather a lot of space however. I went with them because of the quick on/off feature. And also because they were already on the bike when I bought it slightly used.

The Mayer seat is the basket weave vinyl. They also come in leather for an upcharge. See the website for details. I went with the vinyl as it holds up better when left out in the sun for long periods. and as I commute with it a lot, it will get left in the parking lot this summer all day in the hot Alabama sun.

And I still really like it. Like no seat I have ever sat on before.
Thanks. That's a nice package deal you got there.
MariusD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #15623
Sound Farm
Art x Science

Oddometer: 104
What do u guys think of a 2012 abs. Xc with 20,000 miles. With a few farkles and triumph panniers for $9000. ??
Good deal? To many miles for the price ? Worth it to just ge a new one ?
I like the price. Don't like the mileage but it has been serviced on regular basis by dealer. Let me know what u think
Sound Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #15624
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Farm View Post
What do u guys think of a 2012 abs. Xc with 20,000 miles. With a few farkles and triumph panniers for $9000. ??
I like the price. Don't like the mileage but it has been serviced on regular basis by dealer. Let me know what u think
Seems like all of the money with that mileage. Note that I bought a 2012 last month and was watching the market closely.
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #15625
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
Photos as requested.
Thanks!
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #15626
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
I just purchased a new 13 roadie last week. I have noticed the suspension seems kinda harsh. Weather has only permitted me to get about 50 miles so far. So I am wondering, will it break in and soften up some? I test rode the XC also but didn't get off road with it so I didn't really notice the difference between the two on the street. Of course I only have a very few limited miles riding both. Has anyone performed a suspension upgrade on a roadie? What are the options for the front? Or should I just plan on keeping this bike on hard packed graded roads? This is my first bike that is dirt oriented and I have very limited experience on two wheels off road. I run Elka suspension on my quads and have experience setting them up for off road but zero experience with forks or road/off road bike suspension.
Poweranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #15627
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
I just purchased a new 13 roadie last week. I have noticed the suspension seems kinda harsh. Weather has only permitted me to get about 50 miles so far. So I am wondering, will it break in and soften up some? I test rode the XC also but didn't get off road with it so I didn't really notice the difference between the two on the street. Of course I only have a very few limited miles riding both. Has anyone performed a suspension upgrade on a roadie? What are the options for the front? Or should I just plan on keeping this bike on hard packed graded roads? This is my first bike that is dirt oriented and I have very limited experience on two wheels off road. I run Elka suspension on my quads and have experience setting them up for off road but zero experience with forks or road/off road bike suspension.
I just received my suspension kit from RaceTech for my 2012 roadie. I have had very good experiences with their products and am expecting good things. All that was available at the time were the gold valve kits and springs for the front, so I am starting there. Once that is done, I'll move on to the rear. Unfortunately, I don't expect to get started for a couple of weeks.
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #15628
riceaterslc
Urinal Cake Engineer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
seems high. i got my '12 XC ABS w/ under 5,000 miles, Arrow exhaust, and OEM engine guards for $8900 OTD.
riceaterslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #15629
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,500
Quote:
What do u guys think of a 2012 abs. Xc with 20,000 miles.
I can't comment on the value of that deal as I'm on a different continent. But...
My advice, for what it's worth, is don't worry about mileage on these engines. Triumph design their engines to run and run.
Yes it will affect the price but I always say quick miles are no problem. It's the slow, in town miles you gotta worry about. That bike has obviously been places on long rides to rack up the miles.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #15630
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Mine is waiting to ship out at Renazco. It's been a long process, but after talking to James on the phone, it's going to be worth it. Reviews speak for themselves, but getting the personal attention is just so reassuring. What a nice guy, with lots of stories. Somehow, when he commented that, "if there's anything I can ever do for you, don't hesitate calling" I believed him Can't wait for my new seat.
You'll love it. The seat made a huge difference for me. With the stock seat I had to fashion a closed-cell foam pad to flatten out the profile a bit, then add an Alaska Sheepskin on top of that... and my butt would still hurt after a while, especially after multiple days of riding. With the Renazco, I don't need anything additional on top of it, and butt pain never becomes a problem even on a two-week trip.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote