Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #31
GrouchyGeezer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
I've done enough stupid things in my life to know stupid when I see it
YOU just need to go out and fuck up a little more

You can't see it but I'm yawning. Man, you just don't know!
GrouchyGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #32
kellymac530
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 1,052
Mike,
If I am stupid, then I am stupid. I never ride like a puss. I always ride spirited. If I have to idle around slow worried that I might fall down, then I might as well just take a tour bus to the Morrocan Starbucks....I always ride the way those guys ride, and yes I have done it far from a hospital.

If people are afriad to fall down and MAYBE get hurt, find a different hobby....this is NOT a hobby for me though. It is a life long passion. In have had over a dozen surgeries and tens of broken bones...I still ride hard.

When I see people putting around slow and afraid to actually use the horsepower and speed a motorcycle has available...I think THEY are stupid and should nut up and RIDE or sell their motorcycle and buy a Smart car convertible to complete the wuss process.

The guy was riding fast, having fun, and crashed....big woop. Get well, buy a new bike, and get back out there.

Not all racing is on a closed course with an ambulance sitting right there....ever watch the Baja 1000 or the Dakar?
My life is not worth living if I can not take some risks. That is what makes me love the rest of my life.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #33
Mikehusa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymac530 View Post
Mike,
If I am stupid, then I am stupid. I never ride like a puss. I always ride spirited. If I have to idle around slow worried that I might fall down, then I might as well just take a tour bus to the Morrocan Starbucks....I always ride the way those guys ride, and yes I have done it far from a hospital.

If people are afriad to fall down and MAYBE get hurt, find a different hobby....this is NOT a hobby for me though. It is a life long passion. In have had over a dozen surgeries and tens of broken bones...I still ride hard.

When I see people putting around slow and afraid to actually use the horsepower and speed a motorcycle has available...I think THEY are stupid and should nut up and RIDE or sell their motorcycle and buy a Smart car convertible to complete the wuss process.

The guy was riding fast, having fun, and crashed....big woop. Get well, buy a new bike, and get back out there.

Not all racing is on a closed course with an ambulance sitting right there....ever watch the Baja 1000 or the Dakar?
My life is not worth living if I can not take some risks. That is what makes me love the rest of my life.
Good posting
Mikehusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #34
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,581
Quote:
Mike,

Hmm, I ride hard but I have a real life outside of this poser adv stuff so I don't ride around crashing all the time. I fact, I've been riding over 25 years and I've never had to get any surgeries, because I know how to ride within my limits. So, who's the stupid one in this thread? Just sayin, if your gonna go around with a huge chip and call people out, then maybe you should think about how stupid and reckless you are first.
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #35
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,115
Quote:
Mike,

I've read several posts by you, and you seem pretty knowledgeable about a number of things, but this was an expression of stupidity. Basically, you've stated that you can't tell when you're riding beyond your abilities, even though you've done it numerous times. And further, since you can't tell, you assume it's unknowable if your actions are preudent or not. The rest of the world can tell that you ARE in over your head, since you keep having to be sewed back together to think you're having fun.

As you can see by my avatar, I have other interests outside of motorcycles. I am an expert class V (5) whitewater boater. There are also class VI (6) rapids that are considered "unrunnable", and sometimes people die or are injured trying anyway. In itself, that isn't stupid. It's always attempted with many people watching and rescue equipment at the ready. If I was to make the statement that I intended to try a class VI rapid alone and in a wilderness setting my whitewater buddies would have me comitted. I boat the "gnar" and I boat alone, but it's stupid to boat the gnar alone.

There are air ambulances at Dakar and Baja, and help is never far away
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #36
mwood7800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
Gsa has the wrong front rake and tire size to do anything close to that ride. It is a sorry piece of shit for a dirt bike.
mwood7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #37
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,135
Quote:
Mike,

Sure is breezy with all the dick swinging going on.

Yeah riding is a risk. I prefer to manage the risk. You're too stupid to do that. Those guys weren't racing so your comparison to the Baja and Dakar doesn't mean shit. I've riden with people who've raced Baja. You'd say they were putting around and afraid to use the power of the bike. They ride well within their skills and abilites. I've ridden with guys who've raced on the track professionally. They never brake the speed limit.
The guy was lucky he didn't have internal injuries after his crash. You ever watch some one bleed out and die from internal injuries? I didn't think so.
And yeah, I think you're stupid as shit. Just a stupid dick swinging poser.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #38
Pongo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Quote:
Mike,

Ya, I dont know, riding along in the desert standing on the pegs and waving at each other for the camera. If that is "Nut UP" I guess. I bet the rider thinks he was stupid, even if you think he is some kind of crash test hero.
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #39
DualMule
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Sure is breezy with all the dick swinging going on.

Yeah riding is a risk. I prefer to manage the risk. You're too stupid to do that. Those guys weren't racing so your comparison to the Baja and Dakar doesn't mean shit. I've riden with people who've raced Baja. You'd say they were putting around and afraid to use the power of the bike. They ride well within their skills and abilites. I've ridden with guys who've raced on the track professionally. They never brake the speed limit.
The guy was lucky he didn't have internal injuries after his crash. You ever watch some one bleed out and die from internal injuries? I didn't think so.
And yeah, I think you're stupid as shit. Just a stupid dick swinging poser.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
DualMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #40
feldjäger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood7800 View Post
Gsa has the wrong front rake and tire size to do anything close to that ride. It is a sorry piece of shit for a dirt bike.
Good thing it isn't a dirt bike, just an all around type bike. The way I see things is this, the bike has more than proven itself, but when it comes down to it, its the rider more than the bike.
feldjäger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #41
kellymac530
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 1,052
To Kip and Mike54,
No swinging here....I wear tighty whities...testasterone, Yes. I am a man afterall.

Yes, I have had someone bleed out and die in my arms. Both in 1988, rough year. One was Rob, and aquaintance I was riding with up Highway 2, Angelus Crest Highway. It was in spring and there was still some minor snow melt. I was in front and we were running about 120mph through a beautiful section past Newcombs. Rob just did not see me raise my hand and upright my bike a bit as I crossed some snow melt water. He was leaned way over and on the gas, he lost the front, then the rear and high sided big time. He hit the ranch fencing, wood post with barbed wire and took out 4 of them with his body. I held him as my other buddy doubled back to Newcombs to calll for help. rob did not make it. Bled out internally and externally.

The other time was at Ascot raceway in May of 1988. I was hanging with Ronnie Jones cause we had a mutual sponsor and I was standing in turn 4 when he and Ted Booty collided and Ted went straight into the turn 4 firewall head first. I was first to him and held his hand while waving the ambulance over. I watched the life drift out of his eyes. He never regained consciousness and was declared dead later that night at the hospital, but he was gone right there in my hand.

A 3rd life lost right in front of me was at Perris Raceway in 1997 or maybe 1998. A friend had an aneurism while racing. We did not know that at the time, we just saw him way over jump a double and land on another guy. We were on the starting line for the next moto when that race was red flagged. It felt like forever while the paramedics worked on him and then came the Lifeflight chopper that landed right behind us. We sat there as they carried the gurney in front of us with a paramedic straddling him doing CPR on him. It was pretty obvious he was not gonna make it. A few guys pulled off the line at that point. I waited the few minutes until they cleared the track, fired up, gate dropped and I got second in that moto....Do not tell me what I have and have not done. Jack ass.

I have never crashed on the street, and yes I do break the law and ride fast very often. All of my crashes that I have been hurt at were at tracks while racing. I have had 4 very serious crashes that have brought all of my surgeries and broken bones.

40 years of riding for me, most of those have involved some racing if not most of them. MX, SX, and a bit of roadracing.

So if everyone who rides fast, racing or not is stupid then lets all go to SX tonight and yell at Chad Reed and Ryan Villopoto.
Ryan Dungey, James Stewart {although he IS a dumbass} and Trey Canard. What a bunch or idiots!!! Broken backs, femurs, knees wrist...surgeries...dumbasses.

I realize these 4 guys were not racing. So what. They were having fun. The guy walked away. Got some xrays and walked out of the hospital. Insurance bought him a new bike likely.

If you guys have never been hurt, great. I am not even bragging that I am some special PRO rider. I am just an avid rider who loves to push it hard. The funny thing is, when you push hard, stuff happens. The closer to edge you ride, the fuzzier the line gets.

I DO know my limits, but I choose to ride close to them. In the dirt, close sometimes bites.

Come on out to So Cal boys, I will show how fun a motorcycle can be....I will give you a map so I do not have to wait for you though. Maybe I should put the restrictors back in my daughters WR250 and she can wait for you guys at the intersections...she has NO testasterone and no swinging parts but still outrides most guys.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #42
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Kmac,
You're a fucking idiot. Nuff said.

990A / 450 EXC R/ 250 EXC/ 450R - for sale
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #43
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Mike,

i can't put aside the patients at work who come to our hospital to recover from a (motorcycle)accident. I like to stay in my comfort zone.
2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #44
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,440
good stuff.
Almost makes me sorry I sold that pig of a GSA and can no longer 'nut up' with the big dogs.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #45
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,731
Quote:
...Do not tell me what I have and have not done.
yet it seems it ok for you to pass judgement on how other peole ride and or how much fun they are having