Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #91
Tato
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteraug02 View Post
Andrew,

I am pretty sure for US to European you add 10 to the number. I tried on some BMW gear to get a fit and I wore a 58 which was 48 US.

Click here-Look at bottom chart
You are right. This is a chart I downloaded, hope it helps. It did help me a lot.

http://store.bobsbmw.com/files/sizin...ze-matters.pdf

Anyone has any photos wearing the Venting Machine? Real photos, not BMW catalog photos on professional models. There are little photos of it online and it's hard to picture how it looks by seeing a photo of it on a hanger or laying flat on the floor!!!
Tato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #92
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tato View Post
You are right. This is a chart I downloaded, hope it helps. It did help me a lot.

http://store.bobsbmw.com/files/sizin...ze-matters.pdf

Anyone has any photos wearing the Venting Machine? Real photos, not BMW catalog photos on professional models. There are little photos of it online and it's hard to picture how it looks by seeing a photo of it on a hanger or laying flat on the floor!!!
Interesting, the post you are replying to is 7 Years old! I have a venting machine, but no pics of me in it.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #93
Tato
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
Interesting, the post you are replying to is 7 Years old! I have a venting machine, but no pics of me in it.
Whoa! Didn't notice that! Well, hope he guy did solve his sizing issue by then! And hopefully the chart helps someone else, hahaha.

Here's an article with a picture.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/bmwventsuit/

I wear the Venting machine with jeans around town, and at traffic lights at 1pm, the sun feels burning through the leg, but not on the sleeves of the jacket. It's not air conditioned, but feels like being on the shade. That "Cold Black" fabric technology is something else! I had a mesh jacket before and I'd sweat under it, but not so on the BMW. It's amazing how cool it will keep you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonebag View Post
How does the Airflow 2 stack up against the venting machine?? Tried one on the other day and it feels like it would flow MUCH more air than the VM
How does the VM stand against the Airflow? My buddy has the Airflow and I've tried it, The VM is cooler. The back armor is wider and elbows are thicker on the Airflow. The sleeves on the VM are way better ventilated, IMHO. He's looking to buy an Airshell, which comes with no back armor (does have a pocket to insert it if you buy it separately).
But it feels a bit better protected than the VM due to a somewhat better armor inserts. But I feel better on the VM since I really have and issue with heat down here, and the Airflow costs $200 more (which I used to buy Rallye 3 gloves and still had some gas money left!).
Tato is offline   Reply With Quote