ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #451
staikosn1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Greece
Oddometer: 93
someone of you guys that use the drypacks as tankbag with adaptor on a bmw r 1150-1100 gs????
any picks is possible????
staikosn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #452
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Lost in the jungles of Thailand
Oddometer: 1,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
What have I got myself into????

Yeah, I'll only play on the 520 and let you know how that works out.

I don't mind changing tires on your bike as I have a nice No Mar machine at home........bring beer.......lots......

As for cleaning your house.........forget it...........but you have reminded me my toilet in the shop needs cleaning!



Cheers





A more perfect use of that sticker I have yet to see. I'll email your pic to a a friend of mine thats a HD dealer.
__________________
Cheers,
Team FTB
------------------
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #453
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,133
FTB;

Do you know how hard it was to get that sticker to stick there??? I had to preheat the bowl with a heat gun after I drained it and let it dry........I have also been trying to erode that sticker for 10 years!!

OK.........here is what I did with the OL30's........

I filled both bags to about 80% full........installed them on my 520 and secured them to how I liked them to sit.

I then undid the rear straps............unhooked the ladder straps........removed the bags from the bike and chucked them on the floor.

NOTE...........I did not touch the adjustment of the OVER the seat strap.

I then picked up the bags.....draped them over the bike....loosely hooked the rear straps on.........threaded the ladder straps and hooked them to where I wanted them.....about 5 rungs.............then tightened the rear straps!

I did this a couple of different ways and both results were the same.......

YOU CAN INSTALL THE BAGS WITHOUT TOUCHING THE OVER SEAT STRAP!!

So ftb...............you could install a strap that eliminates the over seat buckle without having install problems.

Hope that helps make your decision!

Cheers
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat

Droptarotter screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 10:44 PM Reason: drinking
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #454
SirJono_777
Adventurer
 
SirJono_777's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: South Coast NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 51
So I finally gave my luggage a run for their money last week here in Aus. It was a 3 dayer through the Snowy Mountains, however being the middle of summer and bush fire season there was no snow, it was just hot and dusty. The OL30's were amazing. Held up up well to a number of crashes on rocky hills. Not a mark on the bags at all.. I even managed to crush a sturdy aluminum water bottle inside the bag from a crash and the bags still look new! Very happy with these bags so far!



Jono.
SirJono_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #455
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJono_777 View Post
So I finally gave my luggage a run for their money last week here in Aus. It was a 3 dayer through the Snowy Mountains, however being the middle of summer and bush fire season there was no snow, it was just hot and dusty. The OL30's were amazing. Held up up well to a number of crashes on rocky hills. Not a mark on the bags at all.. I even managed to crush a sturdy aluminum water bottle inside the bag from a crash and the bags still look new! Very happy with these bags so far!



Jono.
No problems with the subframe with that much crap on the back of the bike??

Cheers
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #456
SirJono_777
Adventurer
 
SirJono_777's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: South Coast NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 51
No I haven't found any issues yet. The blue sack only had light stuff in it.. Clothes, bedding stuff.. so when the Jerry can was emptied there wasn't much weight up there. I've only had a total of 6 days riding on this bike in adventure guise so the subframe hasn't really been tested for very long with luggage. Saying that we are riding fairly gnarly trails.. rocky, steep and rough for most of the ride.. plenty of bashing about and jumping around. So far so good.
SirJono_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #457
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Lost in the jungles of Thailand
Oddometer: 1,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
FTB;

Do you know how hard it was to get that sticker to stick there??? I had to preheat the bowl with a heat gun after I drained it and let it dry........I have also been trying to erode that sticker for 10 years!!

OK.........here is what I did with the OL30's........

I filled both bags to about 80% full........installed them on my 520 and secured them to how I liked them to sit.

I then undid the rear straps............unhooked the ladder straps........removed the bags from the bike and chucked them on the floor.

NOTE...........I did not touch the adjustment of the OVER the seat strap.

I then picked up the bags.....draped them over the bike....loosely hooked the rear straps on.........threaded the ladder straps and hooked them to where I wanted them.....about 5 rungs.............then tightened the rear straps!

I did this a couple of different ways and both results were the same.......

YOU CAN INSTALL THE BAGS WITHOUT TOUCHING THE OVER SEAT STRAP!!

So ftb...............you could install a strap that eliminates the over seat buckle without having install problems.

Hope that helps make your decision!

Cheers
You're awesome thank you. If you had tits I'd kiss ya.

In general when changing loads in the bags do the straps securing the bags need to be readjusted or is it only the bag compression straps that need to be tightened?
__________________
Cheers,
Team FTB
------------------
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #458
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
You're awesome thank you. If you had tits I'd kiss ya.

In general when changing loads in the bags do the straps securing the bags need to be readjusted or is it only the bag compression straps that need to be tightened?
I think the seat strap would need to be adjusted some between the extremes (empty vs. full). But slight changes should not need an adjustment.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #459
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,007
I guess this is a good place to ask. Is anyone using the US-5 pack in a way similar to the KTM picture shown on the Kreiga website where the bags are placed like small panniers? Sort of like how the GL Mojavi would sit. Just wondering if you have the bags tied to together or just strapped to the side and how firmly everything is held in place.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #460
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I guess this is a good place to ask. Is anyone using the US-5 pack in a way similar to the KTM picture shown on the Kreiga website where the bags are placed like small panniers? Sort of like how the GL Mojavi would sit. Just wondering if you have the bags tied to together or just strapped to the side and how firmly everything is held in place.
I believe they are bolted to the side panels.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #461
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by staikosn1 View Post
someone of you guys that use the drypacks as tankbag with adaptor on a bmw r 1150-1100 gs????
any picks is possible????
1200 GSA, do ya?



That's a US-5 attached to the US Tank mesh pocket side up (either side works). The US-10 and US-20 also fit very nicely - the only difference (other than size) being that that attach with Alloy Hook Straps (included with both packs), as opposed to the shorter, buckle straps on the US-5.

The US Tank has various web loops, so that bags can be positioned further forward or rearward, as preferred. It also has 2 x quick-release clips to enable easy refueling:



Let me know if you need any more info.


Cheers,



Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #462
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJono_777 View Post
So I finally gave my luggage a run for their money last week here in Aus. It was a 3 dayer through the Snowy Mountains, however being the middle of summer and bush fire season there was no snow, it was just hot and dusty. The OL30's were amazing. Held up up well to a number of crashes on rocky hills. Not a mark on the bags at all.. I even managed to crush a sturdy aluminum water bottle inside the bag from a crash and the bags still look new! Very happy with these bags so far!



Jono.
Nice work, fella!
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #463
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
You're awesome thank you. If you had tits I'd kiss ya.
Not sure about the smooching, but I have to agree with the sentiment.
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #464
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I guess this is a good place to ask. Is anyone using the US-5 pack in a way similar to the KTM picture shown on the Kreiga website where the bags are placed like small panniers? Sort of like how the GL Mojavi would sit. Just wondering if you have the bags tied to together or just strapped to the side and how firmly everything is held in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
I believe they are bolted to the side panels.
Yup! What traveltoad said.



Drill 4 x holes per side, use 2 x M4 bolts with oversized washers and a little threadlock to attach each strap and attach the bag on to the bike.



They're not going anywhere you don't want them to.


Cheers,



Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #465
staikosn1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Greece
Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
1200 GSA, do ya?



That's a US-5 attached to the US Tank mesh pocket side up (either side works). The US-10 and US-20 also fit very nicely - the only difference (other than size) being that that attach with Alloy Hook Straps (included with both packs), as opposed to the shorter, buckle straps on the US-5.

The US Tank has various web loops, so that bags can be positioned further forward or rearward, as preferred. It also has 2 x quick-release clips to enable easy refueling:



Let me know if you need any more info.


Cheers,



Michael

Μichael thats great.... I wanted only to know if the US tank its as safe as the original tankbag ... I observe that you can hook all the sizes... Thats great, very thanks you!!!!
staikosn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014