ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
outfit OP
Studly Adventurer
 
outfit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orkney Isles
Oddometer: 644
Alot of truth in here.........Ural's

http://mmcmusings.com/2013/01/26/its...-their-owners/

Really liking the last paragraph
outfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
drrider1
just running amuck
 
drrider1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Oddometer: 389
what he said
__________________
Every life needs 9 cats.
11R1200rt 96 Ural Tourist (red peril)
07 Ural Touist brides new ride
drrider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #3
on2wheels52
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: northern Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,159
" The left carb is wedged between the sidecar and the bike. Getting to it requires the skills of a contortionist India-rubber keyhole surgeon, a long-handled screwdriver and patience."

I had mine off yesterday. A two minute job. Perhaps he exaggerates a bit.
Jim
__________________
R1200GS Ural Patrol KLR650 DRz400 XL185
Austria '08 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352082
Back to the Alps in '11 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744205
on2wheels52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
el queso
toda su base
 
el queso's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: colinas del norte, california sur
Oddometer: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by on2wheels52 View Post
" The left carb is wedged between the sidecar and the bike. Getting to it requires the skills of a contortionist India-rubber keyhole surgeon, a long-handled screwdriver and patience."

I had mine off yesterday. A two minute job. Perhaps he exaggerates a bit.
Jim
He's in the UK, where the sidecar is on the left.
el queso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
outfit OP
Studly Adventurer
 
outfit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orkney Isles
Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by el queso View Post
He's in the UK, where the sidecar is on the left.
outfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
aussieotto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
aussieotto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 108
Half way home from work bike stops with fuel pissing out of left hand carb overfow. A small piece of dirt got stuck in needle valve. 30 minutes later carb cleaned and on the way again.

He is correct
aussieotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Marine By Choice
Sergeant 0311
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Winlock, Washington
Oddometer: 157
It has been said that 93% of the Urals ever made are still on the road. The other 7% made it to their destination
Marine By Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
MMC
The Burgermeister
 
MMC's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by on2wheels52 View Post
" The left carb is wedged between the sidecar and the bike. Getting to it requires the skills of a contortionist India-rubber keyhole surgeon, a long-handled screwdriver and patience."

I had mine off yesterday. A two minute job. Perhaps he exaggerates a bit.
Jim
Indeed - the chair's on the left:



Makes French roundabouts fun though
__________________
Waffling about about bikes, riding in the UK's Cotswolds, WWII RAF bases and general old tosh over at MMC Musings
MMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014