Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 732 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #28426
3DChief
"Moto therapist"

Oddometer: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
I've cleaned this Sig down to the nitty gritty couple of times, but i'll do it again.

Yeah, its stone stock, but she hates it. We did run the .38+p's through it, but its in her head now. She needs something less then that.
Always practice with light target loads in it, save the +P stuff for the real deal. When the adrenaline is pumping, the noise and recoil won't even be noticed. Any other time, you're just abusing yourself and the gun for no reason!

Tim
3DChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #28427
Rustynuts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Well these came in today, and within an hour after picking them up, one is a 9mm carbine

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #28428
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,492

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #28429
mustang
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 627
Cheaper than dirt showed stock yesterday for PMAGS, they are not cheaper than dirt though ...............$79.95 each.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #28430
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Well these came in today, and within an hour after picking them up, one is a 9mm carbine
Nice. If all of this gun ban stuff blows over and prices go back to 'normal' I want to build a few ar's. I haven't really decided on caliber yet. 22 and 5.56 for sure. 9mm sounds interesting. I wish now I hadn't put this off, I kept saying 'one day I'll build one' Well that's biting me in the ass now, like a lot of people.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #28431
Trixie
No, not that Trixie

Oddometer: 3,471
I hear ya,

I was able to get 2 lowers before things went full retard, assuming it was the lowers that would be the hardest to obtain in a ban. Who knew the simplest parts would also become unobtanium?

Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #28432
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

I must admit that I've not been surprised but the run-up in prices and scant availability of firearms, parts, ammo, etc. I recall the last ban. Yesterday, a friend who knows I've a Bushmaster 30th Anniversary model AR, offered me $3000 for it and all accessories. That's just nuts!

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #28433
Trixie
No, not that Trixie

Capitalism. It's great when it's a buyer's market, and sucks when the advantage goes to the seller.

We had a local gun show this past weekend. Garden-variety AR's were selling for $2700. I saw the same gun sitting in the nearby shop a month ago for $900.00

Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #28434
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast1320 View Post
Hey man if you saw it that's one thing I respect your firsthand knowledge and obviously it can happen. My experience has not been the same. They recall cars all the time because of defective parts and just as surely it can happen with anything else mechanical including guns, which is why you and I and others have been taught never to trust a safety because as a mechanical device it can fail. Thanks for stating specifics in your situation as I did in mine. I'm glad we were both able to present actual facts instead of blindly posting something we heard or that we may have overheard or read on the internet. By the way, the agency I worked for just replaced all the extrators on their gen4 model 22.
Our M22 extractors (gen2) were all replaced several years ago, after several failures. I don't recall any since then, but as you say, any mechanical device can fail.

As much as I have tried to get behind the Glock thing, since that is what we are mandated to carry, I have never had as poor performance from any guns I have ever used extensively. I know that there are those that swear by them, but I have had too many failures to be comfortable with one.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #28435
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegc View Post
I must admit that I've not been surprised but the run-up in prices and scant availability of firearms, parts, ammo, etc. I recall the last ban.

Mike
I can't even get .22lr at this point anywhere around me. The only stuff around is either monster handgun stuff, stupid expensive self defense, or oddball rifle ammo. The insanity and fear people have is making it really hard to enjoy being into shooting. I can't even go practice with my home security and carry guns monthly any more or go out to the range with my mother and uncle

I'm really surprised that gun manufacturers can't scale up their manufacturing/shipping to take advantage of the highest sales rate in history since it's anyone's guess if they're going to be lose large part of their model lines and profitability going forward. If I were one of the smaller manufacturers that specialize in stuff thats getting banned I'd be running 2 or 3 shifts 7 days a week to cash in before my company went tits up
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #28436
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshanex View Post
If I were one of the smaller manufacturers that specialize in stuff thats getting banned I'd be running 2 or 3 shifts 7 days a week to cash in before my company went tits up
Keeping quantities low keeps prices high. Why make more if you can sell half as much for twice the price?
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #28437
Trixie
No, not that Trixie

Why? because you can make as many as you can at twice the price. Brownell's stated they went through 3.5 yrs of inventory in 6 days.

make hay while the sun shines.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #28438
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
Why? because you can make as many as you can at twice the price. Brownell's stated they went through 3.5 yrs of inventory in 6 days.

make hay while the sun shines.
I'm sure there are companies on both sides of the equation.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 AM   #28439
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
Quote:
I'm really surprised that gun manufacturers can't scale up their manufacturing/shipping to take advantage of the highest sales rate in history since it's anyone's guess if they're going to be lose large part of their model lines and profitability going forward. If I were one of the smaller manufacturers that specialize in stuff thats getting banned I'd be running 2 or 3 shifts 7 days a week to cash in before my company went tits up
I'm a manufacturer (not firearms) and it's time consuming and labor intensive (read expensive) to ramp a factory up to push more product out the door. With the country's insecure economy, I'd be very hesitant to expand when laws could change and negate extended growth. I cannot imagine Bushmaster expanding to meet current demand only to have their main product banned.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 AM   #28440
PunkinHead
Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,653
Quote:

I don't have any insider knowledge, but I've heard they are running full tilt. That's pretty easy to do for a manufacturer.

Adding capacity to handle a bubble is a different matter - that would be a very bad business decision. There's a lead time in getting capital equipment (lathes, mills, etc) so it'd be months before it was on line. The current panic could very well be over before they had it up and running. And when the AWB is settled and demand tapers off they'd be stuck depreciating expensive, underutilized capital equipment.
PunkinHead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: