The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. positron007

positron007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks again
    I'll just get the CRF250L. I reckon I'll have fun regardless.
    I could get a WR450F or the equivalent Honda, but they are way too high maintenace for the sought of miles I will be doing.
  2. positron007

positron007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took her for two new experiences yesterday.

1) Some serious mud. This is new to me and the bike. Its crazy how planted you can feel with the back tire spinning and sliding all over....never lost control, never felt like I was going to, yet I was slippin and slidin and throwing mud all over. Thats a new kind of fun!

2) Highway. My buddies were two-up on an R6 and the bike was turning about 20% max RPM at 60 MPH, while I was damn near pinned open haha. There was slight uphill section where the bike dropped to 55mph....but I was afraid to downshift to 5th due to not having a tach and having no idea where that would leave me RPM-wise?

Im thinking of moving locations at work and that will change my 12 mile round trip, no highway commute to a 60 mile roundtrip all highway commute...hope this bike can do it!
  4. goondock

goondock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone replaced the brake lines with the steel lines? Is it worth the money? I know ramz did it and has a little write up on the site but more info would be cool. i wouldn't mind getting some better performance in the braking department although i haven't had too many complaints about the stock brakes. Also want to get rid of that MASSIVE brake line sticking up in the front. any writeup or pictures would be cool specs on line lengths if you ordered them custom would be helpful.

lost riders comments about when the bike sits it leave time for one to think of things to change, the bike has been sitting a little while because of the weather so that makes me want to change stuff up even though it isnt needed ha ha ha. That is some of the fun though.
  5. hrcs90

hrcs90 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. positron007

positron007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope so. If I get the bike I will be doing a minimum of 300km up and down technical mountain trails plus 50km of dirt road and 100kms of freeway all in one day every week
  7. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. yyz

yyz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me personally, I avoid these threads. I made my choice with the Honda, and a lot of people chiming in have never ridden the bikes in question.
  9. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's probably a good idea, the 2nd post was off topic, someone asking why brand K wasn't included. For the most part, we seem to stay mostly on topic, here. Still, some go off into the blue horizon.....
  10. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam

Actually, half the posts in here aren't on topic, technically, if people were to read the first post and follow those guidelines when posting it would help us all. Just because a LRP is mentioned in a post doesn't make it on topic in here.

Owners Threads are for actual owners and what they are doing with their bike, accessories, upgrades, where they are riding, troubleshooting, etc.
    This thread is like the catch all with lots of LRP comparisons to other bikes, mostly from new ADV inmates who talk about what bikes people have had in the past, comparisons to cars FI systems, hypothetical theories, opinions about other bikes, etc.
    It would be better for everyone if all that non-ownership off topic discussion would be happening in the general crf250l thread, or one of the many CRF vs. whatever threads. Makes it hard to find actual ownership info when there's pages and pages of posts everyday with lots of off topic talk.
    This is not a comparison thread, but folks still like to think it is one, if you are typing another bike model name in here you're off topic. This is not a place that people who don't actually own one to voice their opinion about the bike, etc, etc, etc.

Here's the OP at the start of this thread for those that keep forgetting what thread they are posting in. I'm not the police though and it's not my thread, just a concerned citizen. :evil
    I know there's grey areas and try my best to follow the spirit of an Owners Thread though I'm not perfect either, because I know it's near impossible to find what I'm looking for in this thread without spending way too much time sifting through the BS. But that's just me. :wink:

11. AZDavis

AZDavis n00b

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

trying to embed pic from mtn adventure this am.
  12. positron007

positron007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is exactly why I come here to get an opinion on this bike and not a comparison thread.
    I don't want people telling me the CRF is crap when they haven't even ridden it, I want to know what the owners think.
  13. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:

You are still off-topic posting in here and not helping us owners keep a good resource for us all to use without sifting through non-ownership posts and comparisons. :deal
    All of your posts in this thread are part of our problem with too many posts not pertaining to ownership, we don't care what you used to ride, I suggest you read the OP again and help out the community by following the guidelines. I see you just joined ADVrider, we have guidelines and rules to make it better for everyone and easier to find the info anyone is looking for, it's called thread topics.
    I understand wanting owners opinions, but that's part of being a part of the ADV community, sifting through the opinions in the appropriate threads and deciding who you should listen to. Not just polluting our owners threads because you feel like it.
  15. Avi8tor

Avi8tor ADV Poser

Oddometer:
    Back on topic...

I love the Highway Dirtbikes setup on Rox Risers. I mostly went with the HDB setup for a place to mount Powerlets and switches. Works really well and is solid. I used KX High Protaper Contours.

I was skeptical about the mirrors, but decided to try them anyway. They give a nice view...bigger than what I thought they would.

Also tested out the Rotopax setup. Decided on that vs a bigger tank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
  17. positron007

positron007 Adventurer

Oddometer:

OK. I won't ask for advice at this thread.
    Thank you for making me feel welcome.
  18. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:
    :cry
  19. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    SHEEITT! We don't need no frikkin' forum police....we'll just sick MentalGuru on their asses!!!
  20. Krono

Krono Been here awhile

Oddometer: