User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
jprovence OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Positive Bilt Experience.

I'm a fairly new rider. But I already have a decent selection of gear to wear on my commutes. I have a few jackets by Olympia AST 2 and Alplinstar's Capetown. Both great jackets in their own right. But going into the rainy season, I needed a pair of over pants pants I could quickly get one and off for commuting in the daily rain. Well taking the pants on and off with boots seem to have pulled the sections of fabric that hold the knee pad (which is CE rated BTW) in place. It hadn't ripped, but the fabric was starting to part.

So I'm like, well let's go see how good this 5 year warrenty is. I took the pants in to Cycle Gear, and the lady pulled a new pair off the shelf and handed them to me and sent me on my way. They do work great for the drizzle and fit well. Where they do fail is locking well around the ankles. Part of that is my ankle high red wing boots. I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam. But both keep me dry so I don't complain.
jprovence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovence View Post
I'm a fairly new rider. But I already have a decent selection of gear to wear on my commutes. I have a few jackets by Olympia AST 2 and Alplinstar's Capetown. Both great jackets in their own right. But going into the rainy season, I needed a pair of over pants pants I could quickly get one and off for commuting in the daily rain. Well taking the pants on and off with boots seem to have pulled the sections of fabric that hold the knee pad (which is CE rated BTW) in place. It hadn't ripped, but the fabric was starting to part.

So I'm like, well let's go see how good this 5 year warrenty is. I took the pants in to Cycle Gear, and the lady pulled a new pair off the shelf and handed them to me and sent me on my way. They do work great for the drizzle and fit well. Where they do fail is locking well around the ankles. Part of that is my ankle high red wing boots. I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam. But both keep me dry so I don't complain.
yea i have some of their gear and its decent stuff and if i have a problem they give me a new one no problems too. great prices too!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
I like my Typhoon Bilt jacket. It was cheap, yet pretty protective and really very waterproof. Had a street crash Oct 21st and it protected my left arm and shoulder quite well with minor abrasions to the jacket and none to my arm. But, I have had other Bilt stuff that was junk.....Like any of their gloves. Bought 2 sets of their gloves, wore them once,and gave them away. Take a good look and compare them to others first. Cycle Gear is nice to work with IMO.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
jprovence OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
First helmet was a Bilt one. I'm on the my second now. Shoei Neo Tec. BEYOND WORLD'S BETTER!!
jprovence is offline   Reply With Quote