Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #76
jprovence
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtracks View Post
There are a couple threads here that give a pictorial on how to replace the helmet speakers of the Q2 with a standard headphone jack, making the use of your headphones possible. It's pretty easy if you have even basic soldering skills, and works great when bluetooth pairing with the iPhone.
I put my iPhone in a waterproof RAM mount on the handlebars so I can see the screen for navigation if needed, and to be able to use the touch screen for song changes/etc. Turn-by-turn voice prompts, and my wife's Q2 unit, interrupt the music when being used, so that's handy. And since the iPhone is paired via Bluetooth, those quick roadside pitstops mean I don't have to disconnect any wires for a bio break...and I still get tunes if I stay within 30 or so feet of the bike.
Its pretty easy to retrofit a Scala or practically any bluetooth unit as the speakers are all wire the same. But I mean, the Scala one of the more expensive units. Seems that is should be great out of the box and not taken apart and soldered to be good. I'd do that with a cheapy bluetooth unit, but if I paid that much coin for some wireless helmet speakers I'd demand the best.
jprovence is offline   Reply With Quote