Anodyne

Oddometer: 16,566
That's a good way to start a Thursday.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #1202
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,264
I pretty much had no idea where I was all day, funny enough I rode at least one piece of road again on Monday when I decided to head to MOntreal from Brattleboro. I recognized the blood donor sign on a fence
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #1203
Laconic
Anodyne

Oddometer: 16,566
I posted some pics from my trip in the thread in my sig line if anyone's interested. Thanks to everyone who helped make it a good time!
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #1204
FreeTheBeast
valebat ascensorem

Oddometer: 2,992
Thumb Barnard General Store news - good news!

From a newsletter issued by the Trust:

Today, January 24th, 2013, the Barnard Community Trust, purchased the Barnard General Store property from William Twigg-*‐Smith, the previous owner.

In November Mr. Twigg-*‐Smith told the Trust he did not want to receive the entire amount in one payment. This enabled the Trust to move toward the closing on the property, even though it had not yet raised $500,000. The Trust now has another full year to raise all the funds required, not just for the purchase, but to cover other important costs such as taxes, insurance and improvements to the building. Trust president Rick Carbin, estimates that an additional $150,000 is needed to meet the overall goal and establish a reserve fund, which will enable the Trust to respond to unforeseen needs.

The terms of the purchase are as follows: the overall purchase price is $500,000. At the closing, the Trust paid $300,000 with William Twigg-*‐Smith taking back a mortgage for $200,000 to be paid off in one year. This gives the Barnard Community Trust immediate ownership of the property, allowing it start making long-*‐term decisions on the future operation of the store.

The next step in the process is to get the store back in operation. The Trust has identified new operators of the store and is currently working out the terms of the lease for the new operation. “We expect to have the lease completed very soon,” Carbin said, “with the goal of opening up the Barnard General Store to full operation by the beginning of April.”

“This is a huge milestone for the Barnard community as a whole,” Rick Carbin said, adding that “in just a little over six months, with tremendous support from over 500 people in town and around the country, we have been able to reach this stage. This is a testament of how people feel about the importance of the store to the character and heart of Barnard.”

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route to ride the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #1205
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,457
:)

Sent from my Samsung Note 2
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #1206
beemerjim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
That's fantastic.
Another example of how Vermonters get stuff done.

Jim

It's all about attitude & timing.

I'm not sure where we're going, but this road seems to be paved with good intentions.
beemerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #1207
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Awesome !

2003 BMW F650GS
ktrout01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #1208
kiwi93
The Evil Monkey

Oddometer: 101
Thumb

Woo Hoo!
That's great news.
Love that place.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #1209
Merlin III
Mean SOB

Oddometer: 1,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
From a newsletter issued by the Trust:

Today, January 24th, 2013, the Barnard Community Trust, purchased the Barnard General Store property from William Twigg-*‐Smith, the previous owner.

In November Mr. Twigg-*‐Smith told the Trust he did not want to receive the entire amount in one payment. This enabled the Trust to move toward the closing on the property, even though it had not yet raised $500,000. The Trust now has another full year to raise all the funds required, not just for the purchase, but to cover other important costs such as taxes, insurance and improvements to the building. Trust president Rick Carbin, estimates that an additional $150,000 is needed to meet the overall goal and establish a reserve fund, which will enable the Trust to respond to unforeseen needs.

The terms of the purchase are as follows: the overall purchase price is $500,000. At the closing, the Trust paid $300,000 with William Twigg-*‐Smith taking back a mortgage for $200,000 to be paid off in one year. This gives the Barnard Community Trust immediate ownership of the property, allowing it start making long-*‐term decisions on the future operation of the store.

The next step in the process is to get the store back in operation. The Trust has identified new operators of the store and is currently working out the terms of the lease for the new operation. “We expect to have the lease completed very soon,” Carbin said, “with the goal of opening up the Barnard General Store to full operation by the beginning of April.”

“This is a huge milestone for the Barnard community as a whole,” Rick Carbin said, adding that “in just a little over six months, with tremendous support from over 500 people in town and around the country, we have been able to reach this stage. This is a testament of how people feel about the importance of the store to the character and heart of Barnard.”
Good news, but I never would have believed that that property would sell for 500,000 dollars? Shows what I know.
"I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure about anything." Richard Feynman, CalTech Scientist, Challenger Disaster Committee member.
Merlin III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #1210
Achtung
Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin III View Post
Good news, but I never would have believed that that property would sell for 500,000 dollars? Shows what I know.
Ditto
Achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #1211
Pilothouse51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:

Well you can see the lake from the store after all.
Pilothouse51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #1212
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,859
Quote:
Pomfret and Barnard are very exclusive towns now. Big bucks...that is probably a good deal on it.