Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #6361
Kleio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
DG pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeR200 View Post
I have the O series DG pipe on mine. Don't know the difference between the 2 models you posted though.
I've read that the DG exhausts are very loud. Do you think yours is very loud?

I'm thinking of upgrading the exhaust but find that the FMF Q4 is very expensive. The DG is at a better price point.

Thanks.
Kleio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #6362
thebreezetd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
burnt09 wrote:

>>I was surprised that there is no pipe clamp on the front portion of the FMF pipe. It is a fairly loose slip fit onto the head pipe and relies on high-temp RTV for a seal. Not quite as well engineered as the stock muffler clamp setup IMO.<<

The stock muffler has a clamp inside the stock pipe that can be removed and then used for the pipe clamp for the front portion of the FMF pipe. You have to look closely, but the clamp inside the stock pipe is copper colored and spot welded
inside the original pipe. I simply used a Dremel tool so as to remove the clamp.
thebreezetd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #6363
thebreezetd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
bross wrote:

>>I'm 200lbs and the DR200 struggles to maintain 50-55<<

I'm 30 pounds heavier than you and my DR200 effortlessly maintains 50-55 mph. Top speed on mine is around 70 mph. Everything is completely stock, except for an aftermarket (FMF) exhaust.
thebreezetd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #6364
kelly007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Wink front disc limit

Can any body help me with the allowable front disc thickness? I do own a workshop manual but can't find it after a move...
any help much appreciated .

ps. love my Dr , first bike I have owned, loved every minute. (26000 km , one broken clutch cable so far)
kelly007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #6365
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 434
I have been riding a DR200 all afternoon at a motorcycle safety course. I have a BMW that I love but it's hard for me to not appreciate anything with 2 wheels. Having said that this little bike kicks ass!

I love how much torque you have at the low end speeds and how easily I can push this thing around with my knees and the handle bar through tight turns. The bikes at the school don't have a lot of miles on them but have been ridden hard and put up wet and they are still running strong. I have been doing all of this on knobby tires and asphalt.

I could see myself having one of these some day to knock around on.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #6366
WizardSkills
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hey All,

I've been lurking here a while and have come to rely on the treasure trove of DR200 information posted.

My bike is a 2006 DR200SE that was purchased in 2007 as a left over. As far as mods go I have the FMF Q4 exhaust and a larger main jet installed by my mechanic (didn't ask, he just did it...cool by me!). I love this bike! Although it's tough finding dual sport riding nearby (bay area) I still try to get out as often as I can.

Next up is a bash guard from Ricochet and a tail rack from Manracks (just ordered). I also have the Keintech jet kit but have yet to install. Other than that I plan to keep it mostly stock 'cause she runs great as is!

Anyways, here are a couple of pics:

Happy riding!
WizardSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #6367
AleXtz
Minimal2 the fulness

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyp1814 View Post
You can be easily fooled on where it is exactly leaking. I had the same leak up around there and I thought first it the camshaft plug, then the front valve cap seal, then rear valve cap seal, so I just replaced all 3 seals. I still don't totally know which one it was.

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts...EAD/parts.html

Buy #16 (comes with both front and rear seals) and #17 (cam plug).

If this doesn't fix it it may be the valve cover gasket.

Your feedback is totally appreciated Codyp1814. Sorry for responding late but I've been out in Oaxaca beach and took my 125cc again, you can read my experience in the link below, i wish had taken de dr200 though but she's still bleeding oil.

I went today to a suzuki dealer in mexico city, tomorrow they will take apart the valve cover and check where it is leaking. The thing is that i wanted to buy the valve cover gasket but it does not appear on their system, nor in the partzilla link you gave me.

I will buy the part #13, have it installed and the suzuki gang will gunk some orange silicone in the valve cover gasket

thanks again dude!

2+1 months living in Oaxaca's sierras and beaches:
http://motoviajero.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2695
AleXtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #6368
jeffcneal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
How do I earn the right to post attachments?
jeffcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #6369
Codyp1814
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleio View Post
I've read that the DG exhausts are very loud. Do you think yours is very loud?

I'm thinking of upgrading the exhaust but find that the FMF Q4 is very expensive. The DG is at a better price point.

Thanks.
I have the DG exhaust and it honestly is not crazy loud. No where near as loud as even stock CRF250R muffler. People will notice you but it also will not piss as many people off.

Here's a video I made one sound comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J27VOf7Jj0s
Codyp1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #6370
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcneal View Post
You have to host your pictures on another site like smugmug.com and then copy and paste them here. Advrider doesn't support most attachments.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #6371
jeffcneal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Klay:

Thanks for the info.

regards,
Jeff
jeffcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #6372
Sateev
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXtz View Post
Your feedback is totally appreciated Codyp1814. Sorry for responding late but I've been out in Oaxaca beach and took my 125cc again, you can read my experience in the link below, i wish had taken de dr200 though but she's still bleeding oil.

I went today to a suzuki dealer in mexico city, tomorrow they will take apart the valve cover and check where it is leaking. The thing is that i wanted to buy the valve cover gasket but it does not appear on their system, nor in the partzilla link you gave me.

I will buy the part #13, have it installed and the suzuki gang will gunk some orange silicone in the valve cover gasket

thanks again dude!
AleXtz: actually, there is no gasket under the valve cover. You just need to CAREFULLY use Suzukibond (or Threebond, or Yamahabond, or WhateverBond - they're all black and all the same), and put a a SMALL bead all the way around the sealing surface, including around the holes. Be sure to clean the cover and head surfaces COMPLETELY of all the old sealer, and torque the bolts in the correct sequence and to the correct torque. Unless the thing is BADLY bent, it will seal up perfectly. Don't forget to replace the rubber cam plug (no sealer there). It's really easy, if you are patient, and methodical, and will be as good as new.
Sateev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #6373
Codyp1814
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXtz View Post

thanks again dude!
Very cool pics!
Codyp1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #6374
brailman133
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Sweet video Cody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brailman133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #6375
Trailrider200
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcneal View Post
how to post an image

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919

"Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the goverment of any other."
John Adams 10/11/1798

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" Ronald Reagan
Trailrider200 is offline   Reply With Quote