ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #61
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftrax View Post
Does the 2013 Great Basin come with stuff sacks or are they optional? Does it still have the internal pouch and bottle holders? When will it be available in the US? Thanks in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark
yes the GB has stuff sacks and there is a dry bag upgrade option too.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #62
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OlafofOregon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 301
2013 Great Basin Saddlebag/Coyote Saddlebag - Lower Price, More Customizable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
yes the GB has stuff sacks and there is a dry bag upgrade option too.
Hi Bill - In 2013, the Great Basin Stuff Sacks will be available as an optional accessory, not included with the Great Basin Saddlebag. Customers repeatedly asked us if we could reduce the Saddlebag price if we pulled the stuff sacks out. We couldn't do this before, because they were produced and sold as a single assembly and SKU. Now, by separating them, the 2013 Great Basin Saddlebag is actually cheaper than before (MSRP $399), and riders can choose how they wish to customized their kit (with Great Basin Dry Pods, Great Basin Stuff Sacks or their own inner packing bags). Here's an earlier post. Enjoy your new Coyote Saddelbag! Let us know who it's working out for you. Cheers, Harold
OlafofOregon is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #63
TouratechUSA
Made For Adventure
 
TouratechUSA's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post
Hi Bill - In 2013, the Great Basin Stuff Sacks will be available as an optional accessory, not included with the Great Basin Saddlebag. Customers repeatedly asked us if we could reduce the Saddlebag price if we pulled the stuff sacks out. We couldn't do this before, because they were produced and sold as a single assembly and SKU. Now, by separating them, the 2013 Great Basin Saddlebag is actually cheaper than before (MSRP $399), and riders can choose how they wish to customized their kit (with Great Basin Dry Pods, Great Basin Stuff Sacks or their own inner packing bags). Here's an earlier post. Enjoy your new Coyote Saddelbag! Let us know who it's working out for you. Cheers, Harold
TouratechUSA is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #64
toowheels
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggleswerth View Post
Is the Mojave being revamped as well? I have noticed that they have also been on closeout...
It also gets a bump in capacity from 10.5L to 13.5L...

On another note here's a crappy pic of the Moto Overland booth from the Vancouver Moto Show that shows the new reflective details on some of the new bags


The Coyote is on the left on the 525EXC (Zigzag on the handlebar) the Fort Rock top bag is on the floor by the F8 and you can even just see the new Great Basin shining behind the F8s back wheel. Bright!

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #65
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,689
http://www.motooverland.com/index_files/Page2996.htm

that's intriguing. much higher quality than a tool tube for most any bike.
i could totally use that on my DR in raw alum!
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #66
toowheels
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Thanks eakins!

The thread for the MOD Tool Box is here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750749

post #41 has dimensions and page 7 lists all the final pricing.

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com

toowheels screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 12:12 PM
toowheels is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #67
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
Thanks eakins!

The thread for the MOD Tool Box is here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750749

post #41 has dimensions and page 7 lists all the final pricing.

Dave
sweet. nice work!
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #68
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot
 
cjbiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Maine
Oddometer: 2,438
Any chance the Coyote dry pods will be available individually? I only use the center banana-shaped stuff sack now. I'd like to get the new dry pods, but $100 is too steep for the one bag I'd use. Thanks!
cjbiker is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #69
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OlafofOregon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 301
2013 Giant Loop Collection - Shipping Now!

Goodbye 2012 . . . Hello 2013 Giant Loop Collection!
OlafofOregon is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #70
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer
 
Rainier_runner's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Yelm, Washington
Oddometer: 285
Does anyone have the actual outside dimensions of the Siskou panniers?
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2006 Suzuki DR 650 ADV
Rainier_runner is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #71
Minsk99
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Cambridge, MA
Oddometer: 56
The Siskiyou look awesome! Nicely done. Is there a way of running a cable through the bags in order to lock them and secure them to the bike?
Minsk99 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #72
Beemermcr
Big, Dumb, Happy!
 
Beemermcr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Sandy, UT
Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsk99 View Post
The Siskiyou look awesome! Nicely done. Is there a way of running a cable through the bags in order to lock them and secure them to the bike?
One idea for soft bags: I've used Pac-Safes on each side, with all the gear secured; then secure the cables to the frame. About as secure as you can get without going to hard bags. It does make access very slow.

Paul
__________________
Paul Baird
Sandy, UT
2013 Husky/BMW/KTM Terra
2000 DRZ "Burro"
Beemermcr is online now  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #73
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper
 
snowhawk jockey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier_runner View Post
Does anyone have the actual outside dimensions of the Siskou panniers?

I'll be down at Giant Loop today for a meeting. I will get dimensions of the Siskiyous for you then and post them up this evening. Any other questions I can get answered while I am there talking with the boys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker
Any chance the Coyote dry pods will be available individually? I only use the center banana-shaped stuff sack now. I'd like to get the new dry pods, but $100 is too steep for the one bag I'd use. Thanks!
I don't think the dry pods will be available as single pieces, but you have a good suggestion. I will share it and see if there are options to separate the bags. A likely solution would be to network with someone here on ADVrider to share the cost of a Coyote dry pod kit. You could arrange to split the cost and get the center sack out of the deal.
snowhawk jockey is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #74
Schannulleke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
I'll be down at Giant Loop today for a meeting. I will get dimensions of the Siskiyous for you then and post them up this evening. Any other questions I can get answered while I am there talking with the boys?
Yes, please measure the same dimensions as the previous Great Basin was specified, but then on the new 2013 Great Basin:

Can you provide the dimensions of the new 2013 version compared to the dimensions of the previous version?
Dimensions (fully packed):
55" - bottom of pannier, across top to bottom of other pannier bucket
9" - height of bag in top center
7" - distance from inside to outside of pannier bucket bottom
12" - front to back in top center


And also the dimensions of the Siskiyou in a comparable way to the Great basin.

Thanks in advance.
Schannulleke is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #75
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OlafofOregon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 301
2013 Great Basin Saddlebag - Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schannulleke View Post
Yes, please measure the same dimensions as the previous Great Basin was specified, but then on the new 2013 Great Basin:

Can you provide the dimensions of the new 2013 version compared to the dimensions of the previous version?
Dimensions (fully packed):
55" - bottom of pannier, across top to bottom of other pannier bucket
9" - height of bag in top center
7" - distance from inside to outside of pannier bucket bottom
12" - front to back in top center


And also the dimensions of the Siskiyou in a comparable way to the Great basin.

Thanks in advance.
Here measurements for the new 2013 Great Basin Saddlebag - they are approximate, as the amount of gear packed into the bag changes the shape of soft luggage.

Dimensions (fully packed):

56" - bottom of pannier, across top to bottom of other pannier bucket
Basically the same as before, with a little more "doming" on top due to increased "front to back" distance.

10" - height of bag in top center
Again, the difference here is mostly a result of the "front to back" measurement below allowing the top to arc more when stuffed full.

6" - distance from inside to outside of pannier bucket bottom
This dimension didn't change - I think this is simply a more accurate measurement taken at very bottom of the "leg."

14" - front to back in top center
This is where/why we picked up an additional 10 liters of volume (60 vs. 50), by adding nearly 2" in this plane. No change in the way the bag mounts or rides, just a bit roomier for sleeping bags and other lightweight, bulky gear in the top.

Hope this helps!
OlafofOregon is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014