Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
robdogg OP
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,727
anyone want to split a pair of the FMF Q4's?

roughly $550 or so with shipping, so $225 each aprox.
John 5:24

CMA Fast Lane Forums
robdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
gweaver
Wandering between rooms

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMADV View Post
Your bike should be getting better fuel milage. Here is what Iam running. Here is the link.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839023
I'm not sure what the current jetting on my bike is. I had the carbs done about a year ago- 2-1 with the Powercore and the pre-filter. Ran great, tons of torque, but about 120 miles to the fuel light. Took the shop about 20 hours of shop and dyno time to get there. Mine was the first bike they'd seen with a 2-1, so they had no baseline to start with. I was hoping for more mileage, so they suggested pulling the prefilter. Did that, I can go about 125-127 to the light, but there's a nasty flat spot right around 6700-7000 rpm. Called the shop about 4 months ago, but apparently the jet settings weren't entered in to their customer database, so no luck there. I do remember them saying they had to go down a size (apparently very unusual) to make any significant improvement. Can't bring myself to spring for another round of dyno time, esp. considering I think the exhaust is choking the bike. I'd like to try to find some solid setup info- pipe plus jetting, that I might be able to try at home and save myself dyno costs. Or at least use setup info to get me close, so I can minimize dyno costs.
G

Robdogg: might be interested, but my concern is that after my current experiences, one pipe might not flow enough exhaust. I'm curious to see if anyone has any thoughts on using an exhaust designed for a liter bike. Something to consider...

I like my women like I like my instant oatmeal- quick, easy, and covered in facts about dinosaurs.
gweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #18
KTMADV
Hammer Down

Oddometer: 166
Did you look at the link I posted? The link has all my information of my bike plus jet size.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #19
eebrumfi
eebrumfi

Oddometer: 52
Installed Q4's last night on my 990. Alot louder than I expected...

FYI- After removing the FMF stickers, rubbing alcohol removes the glue pretty well..
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,624
I have the LV's on my bike, actually this is my second set.

With the LV it comes with a new mid pipe, 1st generation were one piece new ones are two pieces.

This is the thread to the 1st generation install.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295550

The advantage of the Q4 is it uses the stock mid pipe which is nice in the sense it keeps the gaskets etc and seals up better.

I dont have any pictures of the new pipes but they are smaller in overall diameter less oval. The original pipes I had hit the caliper on the rear.
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
ABuck99

Oddometer: 510
I bought a 950 that already had the Q4's on them. I think the LV EVOII are much better quality- with fit & finish & performance comparable to Akro. I've run LV for several years on two different bikes, no issues, and they are still in great shape. FMF is a good product with out doubt, and if you want a FS approved spark arrestor- they Q4 has the screens, LV doesnt. If the price on the FMF were $100 less- I would lean in that direction, but at equal price the decision would lean towards LV based on the quality standard alone. Performance and Sound are similar.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #22
robdogg OP
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,727
yeah, this discussion is specifically about the LV One vs FMF Q4 as spark arrestor is absolutely a requirement for where I ride.. fit is important, but style much less.. with reports about fitment issues with the LV, FMF Q4 seems the best choice for a light weight, low tech, spark arrested exhaust at less then $300 per muffler.. now who wants to split a set?
John 5:24

CMA Fast Lane Forums
robdogg is offline   Reply With Quote