Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #2836
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
I'm a noob/owner and agree that it’s hard to pick out useful info from this thread. If a picture is worth a thousand words we need more pictures and a lot less words.

Please add your post and anyone else who's already posted with things like this join us in the The Honda CRF250L Adventure Traveler Thread.
My contribution to try and sort out all the info into one place for setting up your bike for ADVentures. A thread to try and splinter off things so they don't get lost in a matter of days in this fast moving thread.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post20614931

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #2837
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Please add your post and anyone else who's already posted with things like this join us in the The Honda CRF250L Adventure Traveler Thread.
My contribution to try and sort out all the info into one place for setting up your bike for ADVentures. A thread to try and splinter off things so they don't get lost in a matter of days in this fast moving thread.

Great steps in getting these new threads rolling. I am not very computer/forum intelligent, but am learning

This link is brilliant: however the hell ya did it? (doesn't matter...)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/searc...rchid=22408482

I just bookmarked it, and then I can go where I want to from there, instead of the round-a-bout, foolish way I was doing my navigating threw the different threads...Would it make any sense to add your thread (Lost) to that list also, so we have all the CRF250L info. on that page?
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #2838
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob80 View Post
but now it doesn't work...WTF??
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #2839
Lost Rider
Roadie

Not sure why it doesn't work, I'm at the mercy of the ADV search tool.

Here's how I got there.

click search while in the forum topic list.

click on the . under the search text entry box.

In that advanced search page type in crf250l in the keywords box, then select Thumpers forum to search in.

Click Search now on bottom right of the page.

There you go.

I updated my thread with the new link, it's different so maybe that search is only good for a period of time.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/searc...rchid=22410821

In order for my thread to work I need help, so if you've posted up your methods to make the LRP yours, please help us all and repost it over there where it can be indexed and not LOST. ;)We like photos.
Soon enough we'll have a good resource with all the various options to setup a LRP for Adventuring!

LostRider.com
Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #2840
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
We need a CRF250L sub-forum now

L
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #2841
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
We need a CRF250L sub-forum now

L
Yes! An amphibious CRFL.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf

SAPB screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 06:57 AM
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #2842
Telemarktumalo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 292
Quote:

I updated my thread with the new link, it's different so maybe that search is only good for a period of time.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/searc...rchid=22410821
It seems the link expires and leads to a dead end. Bummer.
Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #2843
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
Yes..bummer indeed, I liked the way it looked, sort of a main menu type deal, you could could go to that screen and see what was new in all the different threads, also great for IPhones and such as a bookmark. Even following your new method that you posted, I still get about 4 pages of everything else mixed in.

As I mentioned before, my forum skills are pretty slack,but something like the menu screen you had would be great. Like Krono said, a sub-forum or something.

It's hard to blame Noobs and new buyers for coming here and wanting to know more about the CRFL, lots of fantastic everything here, and it's the hottest thread that I've found about the CRFL...but,it will be good to get everything more orginized and get all the great info. and great members posting in the appropriate threads, and accomplish this by the easiest means possible for everyone.....( I think that made sense...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Yes! An amphibious CRFL.
"What??"......Do they make these in Thailand yet???......
Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #2844
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob80 View Post
Yes..bummer indeed, I liked the way it looked, sort of a main menu type deal, you could could go to that screen and see what was new in all the different threads, also great for IPhones and such as a bookmark. Even following your new method that you posted, I still get about 4 pages of everything else mixed in.

As I mentioned before, my forum skills are pretty slack,but something like the menu screen you had would be great. Like Krono said, a sub-forum or something.

It's hard to blame Noobs and new buyers for coming here and wanting to know more about the CRFL, lots of fantastic everything here, and it's the hottest thread that I've found about the CRFL...but,it will be good to get everything more orginized and get all the great info. and great members posting in the appropriate threads, and accomplish this by the easiest means possible for everyone.....( I think that made sense...)

"What??"......Do they make these in Thailand yet???......

There's updated instruction in the CRF Adventure thread to get that list you like.

LostRider.com
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #2845
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
There's updated instruction in the CRF Adventure thread to get that list you like.

Ahh wicked!!...thanks lost, now if we could only make it a keeper..Is that up to the mods and makers of this site?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #2846
DQook
Hawaii NX125

Oddometer: 37
oversize rotor???

anyone hear of an oversize front rotor in the works for the lrp??? ive seen where others have used an oversize 250r rotor with a custom bracket but it would be nice to get something that fits out of the box....

or if theres a master fab dude out there... and i know there is
maybe making a couple of brackets for a certain rotor that a couple of us can go in toghether to make it worth your while...
anyone???
-DQ
DQook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #2847
topping
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Back Brake

Hi

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket back brake pedal available for the LRP yet ?

Mine has bent in half a couple of times now

Phil
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #2848
gaw777
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Airbox Mod

So who has done the airbox mod like BDSB? I have drilled the holes in the side cover to allow more air, but they also removed a portion of the top. Necessary?
Maybe just remove the snorkel?
A little reluctant to cut the top of the box off.

Feedback from anyone who has done this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #2849
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
So who has done the airbox mod like BDSB? I have drilled the holes in the side cover to allow more air, but they also removed a portion of the top. Necessary?
Maybe just remove the snorkel?
A little reluctant to cut the top of the box off.

Feedback from anyone who has done this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lots of holes in the air box was a very popular modification of the Yamaha WR250R and it helped a lot.Removing the snorkel from other motorcycles I have had (XR400R & KLR650) seemed inconclusive. From a fluid mechanics standpoint, removing the snorkel seems to trade a smooth tube with a reduced cross section with a sharp edged hole with a larger cross section for a net gain of possibly nothing. For sure removing the snorkel you'll make more noise. Having said that I bought a spare CRF airbox lid, and airbox. They are 8 and 18 dollars respectively so I can hack them up...If I don't like it, I can go back. Perforating the lid does work on XR400's, but of course it makes fording deep streams dangerous. Also, removing the backfire screen and the aluminum sheet with the larger perforations from the stock filter may be troublesome also. The large perforation sheet probably acts as a stop to keep the folded paper filter from turning itself inside out. For those who have done this modification, I'd suggest they check the filter very frequently looking for rips...just hold it up to a bright light. Since a single cylinder engine has lots of pulsing in the flow, that folded fabric is constantly beaten back and forth. I'm hoping Twin Air or other knowledgeable aftermarket filter folks come up with a foam filter for the CRF. Twin Air already makes one for the CRF250R.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #2850
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
[QUOTE=Ed@Ford;20632237] Perforating the lid does work on XR400's, but of course it makes fording deep streams dangerous.

Back to being too cold here to do much. While you were in there, did you notice how the hoses are routed, with regard to stream crossing? I know there's fix on the KLX with a "T" fitting, with another hose going up high, otherwise water gets sucked up that hose. Wondering how deep the water would have to be to in danger of killing it. Anybody been in water? How deep?

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote