Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #556
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,073
The only Berg I have ridden is my own - 2010 FX450. It has Pirelli Scorpion A/T dualsport tires on it. The wheels have been balanced and the gearing is 14/52.

For a dirt bike, I think it is terrific on the street. Balancing the wheels is a must. The motor is very smooth for a thumper - better than the KTM RFS bikes I've ridden and way better than my old 640Adv. My bike has the close ratio transmission and the gearing is still good but if I had a choice I'd go for the wide ratio box. Even w/ the close ratio box my bike will do 80+mph easy and will cruise at 65-70mph. Handling on the street is fine, brakes are fine. Twisty roads are great fun. If you do get one, it's critical to get the suspension set up properly and the guide in the manual is not where I ended up (that was a bit stiff and too harsh). Now it is a bit soft and very plush. The bike has also been trouble free so far and just runs and starts so perfectly w/ the FI. The worst thing about it for dualsport use is the small gas tank - my low fuel light comes on at about 90mi. from full. Buy one, they are great values right now.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #557
pinevalley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
Nice setup

for those who havent been there post 415 has pinevalleys berg with the kriega overlander 30(?) setup

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=415

did you have to do anything to stop the plastic pushing onto the exhaust ?
I had kept the heat shield from the GL I had previously. I did not try it without it so I'm not sure it is a requirement or not.

PV
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #558
Bubba Bauer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Talking

I want this one badly!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...g#post20576632

post #140 if I cocked up something
Old 01-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #559
Ranger Rob
Out and about...

Oddometer: 352
How badly?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Bauer View Post
I want this one badly!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...g#post20576632

post #140 if I cocked up something

I know what you mean

You see the bit where he says "Just like the Husaberg rally team does" (it's a common comment), well.......
Maybe you're interested in the REAL deal.

I have the bike that David Schwarz rode in the 2012 Australasian Safari.
It Won it's class (production 450cc+) and was 7th outright in the safari....Quite the pedigree i reckon

The bike hasn't done a single kilometre since i bought it and i haven't even registered it yet.
I've washed it and brought it inside. It lives in it's own bedroom!

Mine is a 2012 fe570 that's done the race and that's it! Roughly 3500km. Check out the pics here.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1176

Let me know what you reckon.......... the real deal might just be for reluctant sale as the flooding has caused a retaining wall at home to fail, therefor now i need to free up some money.

I had very big plans for this bike but with 5 other bikes at home something's gotta give

Rob

Ranger Rob screwed with this post 01-29-2013 at 01:23 AM Reason: I'm a little bit slow!!
Ranger Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #560
Bubba Bauer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rob View Post

for reluctant sale as the flooding has caused a retaining wall at home to fail, therefor now i need to free up some money.
That sucks man sorry to hear that.

I`ll save your details and get back to you IF I manage to scrape up some cash and the courage to tell the missus. I have no berlin walls, but she`s just managed to pass her driving test and she`s adamant that she needs a vehicle to terrorize other road users, but good luck shifting it as mine goes it`ll find its new home tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 AM   #561
Ranger Rob
Out and about...

Oddometer: 352
All good Bubba

I'm in Construction so it's nothing i can't hanldle when required, but time and materials....well.......that's another story

Good luch with the new vehicle. Make the lady happy. Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Bauer View Post
That sucks man sorry to hear that.

I`ll save your details and get back to you IF I manage to scrape up some cash and the courage to tell the missus. I have no berlin walls, but she`s just managed to pass her driving test and she`s adamant that she needs a vehicle to terrorize other road users, but good luck shifting it as mine goes it`ll find its new home tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #562
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian011952 View Post
This is just perfect for the ADV crowd. If you haven't checked out Highway Dirt Bike you might want to. They make some very nice parts for those of us that mount stuff to our Husabergs. Their Top Clamp holds four switches, the ignition switch, and a power port or multiple variations of those switches. All in all, if you have added extra lights or grip heaters like I have, this piece is well worth the price. Anyway, they are worth looking at for Husaberg riders, they taylor their parts to the KTM, so there is a lot for us Husaberg guys in their inventory.
+1!

I already have their trick handguards and submount setup and absolutely love them, now upgrading to the full Rallye Lite kit in order to get a small fairing and make room for Roadbook and other navigation gear, have a place to mount my Fuzeblock, LED dimmer for the dual Squadron lights etc.

I should have some pics of everything mounted on my 2012 FE570 in about 2 weeks.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #563
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,604

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #564
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian011952 View Post
This is just perfect for the ADV crowd. If you haven't checked out Highway Dirt Bike you might want to. They make some very nice parts for those of us that mount stuff to our Husabergs. Their Top Clamp holds four switches, the ignition switch, and a power port or multiple variations of those switches.
looks like good value for only $50....

B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #565
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,999
what computer guard is this for?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #566
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,088
Here's a few things I've done recently to make packing my bike more efficient I've been meaning to share here in the ADV Traveler Thread. Anything I can do to take things out of my very limited space in the various soft bags helps...

First, following what another FF around here posted up I trimmed some plastic out of the secret compartment to allow more room for a tool bag. I then trimmed down a 1/2 ROK strap and screwed it into the subframe to secure the tool bag (a $1 makeup bag from a beauty supply store).
I also used the Dremel to cut a notch so the Enduro Trail Stand foot would go into the subframe, holding it in and freeing up space.
I also added a Pelican 1015 to the outside of the subframe with 4 wood screws, so far it's proven to be useful and the location safe.

Following (Dave's?) lead I added a socket to my keychain to get into my tool stash with ease.

I wanted to make strapping a bag on the tail down easier, and strengthen up the tail. After quick trip to the hardware store I removed the 4 OEM fasteners that screwed in from the bottom holding the fender to the subframe and the other black brace thingy. I then drilled all the way through where the OEM screws went into the fender and always seemed to come loose. Replacing the screws with bolts and nuts has really stiffened up the tail and prepared it for the loop I added to have a tie down point. Underneath the loop is a small aluminum plate for added strength, so far it's worked out great.

I added a Gerbings single controller for wintertime travels with electric gear, plugging it into the SAE plug I have wired directly to the battery. The controller tucks away nicely under the tank bag secured with Dual Lock and is easy to operate while riding to stay comfy on cold long days.

I also added a tow strap behind the mask, never know when I'll need to tow someone out from the trail.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 03:10 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #567
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I also added a tow strap behind the mask, never know when I'll need to tow someone out from the trail.
nice looking mods (and pics) as usual, lost. good to see the tow rope is only needed if OTHERS get into strife... not yourself of course, being on a 2009+ berg.

i always carry a tow rope in the tank bag, finally used it the other day as a mate on his old berg 501 needed a tow after his stator broke down (surprise surprise).
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #568
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
nice looking mods (and pics) as usual, lost. good to see the tow rope is only needed if OTHERS get into strife... not yourself of course, being on a 2009+ berg.

i always carry a tow rope in the tank bag, finally used it the other day as a mate on his old berg 501 needed a tow after his stator broke down (surprise surprise).
I now carry a tow strap after needing some help to get out of the small lake I drove the 'Berg into a couple of weekends ago.

If I had been more willing to fill my boots with water, I could have powered out, but it was easier to use my mate's tow strap/rope and while I was operating the throttle from the bank, the other guys pulled on the strap and all was good.

I still chuckle at that incident - the water was just about up to the bottom of the seat - and the bike started up and powered out first press of the button.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #569
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
So, while we're on the subject of tires, I'm after a recommendation... currently running an MTR combo front/rear (MTR-21 front, MTR-43 rear). I'm quite impressed with the general wear on the MTR-43.

I like the rear and I like how it wears. It's been really good in the rocky/hard terrain and it's been surprisingly good in muddier conditions.

The front? Well, the less said about the MTR-21 the better. I haven't really liked it at all - especially in softer/sandy conditions. I'm sort of running with it until I can wear it down some.

I'm gonna be doing the DV n00bs ride end of March - so, throw me your tire recommendations.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #570
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
So, while we're on the subject of tires, I'm after a recommendation... currently running an MTR combo front/rear (MTR-21 front, MTR-43 rear). I'm quite impressed with the general wear on the MTR-43.

I like the rear and I like how it wears. It's been really good in the rocky/hard terrain and it's been surprisingly good in muddier conditions.

The front? Well, the less said about the MTR-21 the better. I haven't really liked it at all - especially in softer/sandy conditions. I'm sort of running with it until I can wear it down some.

I'm gonna be doing the DV n00bs ride end of March - so, throw me your tire recommendations.
Non DOT- Maxxis dez IT front and rear !!!
DOT = Michelin dez front and rear