Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #15661
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,599
My new MRA Explorer screen out in the light.

It works great. Didn't seem to matter where I adjusted it, all was smooth airflow behind it.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #15662
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Farm View Post
What do u guys think of a 2012 abs. Xc with 20,000 miles. With a few farkles and triumph panniers for $9000. ??
Good deal? To many miles for the price ? Worth it to just ge a new one ?
I like the price. Don't like the mileage but it has been serviced on regular basis by dealer. Let me know what u think
do the math on farkels and such. it could be a good deal... 20,0000 isn't a lot of miles in my opinion. not for these bikes.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #15663
protesto
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I've contacted leovinceusa and this is their reply: Our systems especially slip-ons need no mapping changes and run on stock settings.
protesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #15664
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Yeah, I think the conventional wisdom is that you don't need to do a remap for slip-ons. Plus the Arrow map yields worse gas mileage, so I'd switch it back when you have a chance.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #15665
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Buddy of mine just picked up his new Triumph 800XC and had the factory Triumph heated grips installed. We were out for a cool blast on the weekend at 25F. His grips didn't seem very warm even on the high setting. We checked my cheap $85. Oxfords and they we almost burning my hands on the highest setting. His grips were just barely warm. Not sure if this is the same on all factory heated grips but if so, save some bucks and install the Oxfords. May want to check with other Triumph owners on this topic.
My factory heated grips are way hot on high, and barely hot on low. So my only complaint is the lack of something in the middle.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #15666
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli View Post
My factory heated grips are way hot on high, and barely hot on low. So my only complaint is the lack of something in the middle.

The factory grips on my Sprint are plenty hot on high. Thought that low was fine also. It really depends on what gloves I wear and the outside temp. I do not care for the actual grip itself. I'm going to try something other than the OEM Triumph ones for the Tiger.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #15667
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,562
I use the arrow map with my LeoVince. It is noticeably better than standard tune.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 AM   #15668
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,285
With DB killer in or out? I have Leovince but I never take DB killer out, so just wondering...
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #15669
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,562
I always keep the decibel killer installed.
That post was merged from another topic. Somebody gets off on merging T8 threads.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #15670
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #15671
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
With DB killer in or out? I have Leovince but I never take DB killer out, so just wondering...
I rode a demo 800XC with the LeoVince and the insert was not installed. I thought it sounded awesome. When I bought my 800XC, I had them install the same setup. After my first or second ride, I put the insert in an have never looked back. I found that it was really droney for my tastes. That, plus I was heading into the Sierras and wanted to be USFS legal. It was nice that LV included several inserts with the pipes.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #15672
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Yep, I always ride with insert in my LeoVince too. I actually changed silencer only for size reason - was unable to get my DYI symmetric panniers rack fitting narrow with stock pipe.

I used to ride 1000cc sport twin and 800 cc thumper before Tiger and got a bit tired of awesome but loud exhausts :)
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #15673
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
Yep, I always ride with insert in my LeoVince too. I actually changed silencer only for size reason - was unable to get my DYI symmetric panniers rack fitting narrow with stock pipe.

I used to ride 1000cc sport twin and 800 cc thumper before Tiger and got a bit tired of awesome but loud exhausts :)
Awesome but loud. That is a great way to put it.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #15674
TekurRides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
I had the same issue with mine. I got it replaced under warranty. The new ones are way better but again it doesn't get overly hot. I can use it up to 40-50F I guess. Below that I will be carrying my heated gloves. Also, being from India, I might have lower cold tolerance than most. So, I would suggest that he get's it replaced under warranty and if it is still not hot enough then he can contact the Triumph Customer Service. They were willing to take mine back and give me a full refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Buddy of mine just picked up his new Triumph 800XC and had the factory Triumph heated grips installed. We were out for a cool blast on the weekend at 25F. His grips didn't seem very warm even on the high setting. We checked my cheap $85. Oxfords and they we almost burning my hands on the highest setting. His grips were just barely warm. Not sure if this is the same on all factory heated grips but if so, save some bucks and install the Oxfords. May want to check with other Triumph owners on this topic.
TekurRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #15675
protesto
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
I use the arrow map with my LeoVince. It is noticeably better than standard tune.
This is the latest official answer from LV:
"Triumph has performance maps they can load into the bike. Since Arrow makes their official performance hop up pipe, they say its for the arrow slip-on to get people to buy it. Either way, the Arrow map will be the better choice when using our slip-on, as opposed to the stock map."
protesto is offline   Reply With Quote