Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #31
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Eric, We met at the BMW dealer in Bentonville Ar. last October and rode together (I chased you) for the rest of the day. Congratulations on the new venture and best of luck. Hope I can make it out there one day, that would be an awesome trip for sure!

Tim
dsrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #32
MonkeyboyVT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Yes, I remember that spirited ride through the foliage of Arkansas quite well, thanks for checking in. Keep posted to this thread, we have a lot more to come in the next year!
MonkeyboyVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #33
BillofBelford
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Gonna try to make it up there again!!!

Eric.....
Met you on the Ferry just after the MOA Rally this year....didn't realize you were one of the owners/originators of the Outfit!!!.....gonna try to get big Rick to get upthat way again and maybe take a tour with ya....great meeting you and Thanks for the tip on the Irish pub for lunch that day !!!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #34
MonkeyboyVT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Fall foliage is in Full Effect!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #35
MonkeyboyVT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

MotoVermont is excited to present the latest addition to our growing rental fleet!

The BMW K1600GTL has received rave reviews from the press and will soon be available for rent. The new K bike will be available from March 8-18 at Bike Week In Daytona Beach, Florida and all summer at our HQ in Vermont.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #36
MonkeyboyVT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

MotoVermont invades Daytona Bike Week!

MotoVermont has landed in Daytona Beach for Bike Week 2012!!!!

Stop by our booth at BMW / Ducati / Triumph of Daytona. We'll have bikes for rent, Wolfman luggage for sale and we'll be promoting riding in Vermont.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #37
MonkeyboyVT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Americade Rent and Ride package

MotoVermont and the Americade rally have teamed to bring you an incredible week of motorcycling paired with a BMW motorcycle rental.

Americade's Fly n' Ride
Dream Package

5 Day BMW bike Rental ~ Airport Pickup/Delivery to MotoVermont (BTV Airport) ~ 6 Days/5 Nights Premium Lodging in Beautiful Lake Gearge.

6 Day Americade Package ("Full Week Package") Includes:

• All Week Pass to Demo Area You’ll find more motorcycle & trike demos and displays at Americade than perhaps at any other event in the U.S.! This is your opportunity to test ride the bikes you dream about, and then talk to the experts who will have the answers you need.

• All Week Pass to TourExpo Tradeshow (300,000 sq f of nearly every vendor) at Million Dollar Beach & the Lake George Forum. Americade's TourExpo is motorcycling heaven, with just about every motorcycling accessory, gadget and aftermarket product available for sale from hundreds and hundreds of vendors!

• 2 Hour Tour Master Dinner Cruise, with prizes, on Beautful Lake George The NEW Fiesta Cruise is one of Americade’s biggest and best party boats. This special cruise has a top notch Latin band, an elaborate and delicious menu, and hundreds of $$ of prizes from Tour Master. Sign up now, and bring your dancing shoes! Click here to read more about the cruise.

• Access to Private Opening Celebraton Party by Rider Magazine with $5K in Prizes Meet 'n greet new friends at this gorgeous spot. There's simply no better way to start your Ameri-Week !

• Access to Private Friday Night Spectacular by Tour Master ($40,000 in Prizes, Music, Fireworks) Enjoy free coffee & dessert, fireworks show w/ synchronized music, a water show, major awards and door prize drawings.

• Access to Private Saturday Closing Celebraton by RoadBike ($5k in Prizes, Balloon Rides, Music & more) follow the Parade route just outside of town to the sensational party at Wild West Ranch. Live country music will set the tone for toe-tapping fun. Climb aboard tethered hot air balloons (limited availability) or opt to go for a fun hayride.

• Drawing Ticket for 2012 Ultra Classic Electra Glide, 2012 Honda Gold Wing, or $20,000 in Cash Which would you
choose?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #38
Haroon
RIDE for PASSION

Oddometer: 544
After exploring parts of Europe, Africa & India, my wife & I were eager about touring North America, whose mere size was so intimidating that we didn’t know where to make a start especially finding a non-Harley rental in the North East. Thanks to a simple reference here on Advrider, which pointed us to MotoVermont. Few email exchanges with Eric, who I must admit is a fantastic guy (also lot younger than I thought!) and takes his business very seriously with a personal touch. So from there on things just fell into place from the bike rental, route suggestion & even a minor change in itinerary were all taken care of in the most professional manner. A special gratitude to Eric for the suggestion to upgrade to the K1600GTL, which I initially suspected may be more work on the backroads, but it was a fabulous choice of bike for our trip especially since he had set it up the way we wanted it and personally the GTL handled better than few other lighter sport tourers that I have ridden before.

My wife & I cannot thank Eric enough for his efforts and assistance in ensuring an unforgettable biking experience in New England (will post the ride report separately in a couple of weeks) and we hope we can come back for more in future. He definitely has our future business and I would highly recommend his services to other potential tourers looking to explore that part of USA.

Haroon & Farzana
www.rideforpassion.com
India

Exploring the world on 2-wheels...little at a time
RIDE for PASSION

www.rideforpassion.com

Haroon screwed with this post 05-24-2012 at 04:26 AM
Haroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #39
GBVT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Thumb

Nice article Eric! Maybe it'll help get the state to promote motorcycle tourism as much as they do snowmobiles.

Quote:
Eric Milano perches atop a gleaming BMW R 1200 GS. He accelerates as he leaves behind the gridlock of midday traffic in South Burlington, but within moments he’s slowing down to navigate Governor Chittenden Road, a shady dirt path that meanders under lush foliage and past small dairy farms.

It’s vistas like this that Milano hopes will convince dedicated motorcycle tourists to make Vermont their next destination. Banking on the state’s scenic appeal from the back of a motorbike, he launched MotoVermont — the state’s first motorcycle touring company — last year.

“I love motorcycling, and I think it’s a really unique way to experience a place,” says the avid rider.

His timing was perfect. Milano’s business goes hand in glove with what are now the two fastest-growing segments of motorcycle culture: dual-sport riding (which combines riding on dirt and paved roads) and adventure touring. Data from the Motorcycle Industry Council show that sales spiked last year among touring bikes (up 13.5 percent since 2010), dual-sport bikes (up 14.2 percent) and traditional motorcycles (up 11.7 percent from the previous year).

But, even as motorcycle touring has grown in popularity across the United States, enthusiasts such as Milano say Vermont has been slow to capitalize on the trend, and that the state could, and should, be doing more to attract motorcycle tourists.

He hopes to fill the gap: MotoVermont is designed to be a one-stop shop for those visitors. Milano’s company, tucked in a garage behind Enterprise Rent-A-Car in South Burlington, provides free pickup and drop-off for customers from the nearby airport. For between $99 a day for a lightweight Kawasaki and $179 a day for the most luxurious BMW, Milano will outfit a motorcyclist with all the essential gear and custom-tailored routes for exploring Vermont’s roadways.

As Milano takes off in the direction of Underhill, I’m balanced behind him on the passenger seat. This is my first time, ever, on a motorcycle. I figure the statute of limitations is well up on my mother’s dear-God-never-get-on-the-back-of-a-motorcycle directive, and I’ve put on a show of derring-do about the whole affair despite some jitters.

I shouldn’t have worried. Though I’m admittedly white-knuckling the handles on either side of my seat, sitting behind an experienced rider turns out to be more thrilling than terrifying. When we slow down to glide through village centers — past kids eating creemees and farmers bringing in hay — my line of thought isn’t, I feel like a bobble head in this helmet or I could die at any moment. It’s more like, I feel really rad right now.

Milano moved to Vermont 10 years ago, and by now knows its back roads well. He was working for an electronics recycling company based in Miami when he was offered the option to telecommute. Suddenly, Milano could work anywhere in the country. He picked Burlington — in part because of its relative proximity to his native New York City but also because he loved Vermont’s beauty.

It was around the same time that Milano took up motorcycle riding (after trying his gateway hobby, snowmobiling). “I was actually always kind of scared of motorcycles,” he reveals, but, like many riders, he got hooked after he gave riding a whirl. Milano admits it can be a dangerous hobby. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, the rate of motorcycle deaths nationwide has been increasing — in part because of the surge in ownership, especially among older riders. Per vehicle mile traveled in 2004, motorcyclists were about 34 times more likely than car passengers to die in a crash and eight times more likely to be injured.

Milano isn’t foolhardy, but, in his estimation, “I think the risk is worth it.”

His customers have to confront that risk head-on when they sign a thick liability disclosure agreement before heading out to explore Vermont’s winding roads. Renters must be at least 25 years old and have a valid motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license.

Milano’s business is the first devoted primarily to motorcycle rentals in Vermont. Harley-Davidson dealerships, of which there are two in the state, have always rented out bikes — but Bob LoCicero, who runs the website www.motorcycle-vermont.com, says, “The people who would rent Eric’s bikes probably wouldn’t rent a Harley, and vice versa.” Harleys, he says, are “more traditional,” with fewer capabilities and a more limited market appeal — better known for cruising on wide, open roads than for navigating backcountry lanes.

Milano’s business is catching on. Last year, he says, was in many ways a trial run — and he’s already had renters from as far away as India, Denmark and Japan. He’s had plenty of domestic riders, too — everyone from business travelers who want to get out and explore, to couples setting off on New England road trips.

Among the many reasons Milano likes riding in Vermont, he says, is that automobile drivers here are willing to share the road — an important consideration, given that more than half of all motorcycle accidents involve another vehicle.

“The drivers here are extremely respectful,” Milano says. He speculates that it’s because “Vermonters have [an] adventurous side.”

Milano is not alone in his opinion that Vermont is a great place to ride a motorcycle; LoCicero asserts that it’s the best in New England. Riders can follow long stretches of road through rural landscapes without having to change speed too frequently. Even during peak seasons such as fall foliage, LoCicero says, plenty of roads remain lightly trafficked. All the factors that make Vermont attractive to tourists in general — friendly people, scenic views, great food — attract motorcyclists, too, he points out.

But, while other tourists may not worry about the quality of Vermont’s roads, that means everything to motorcyclists: Good roads are to bikers as good snow is to skiers, LoCicero explains. He believes the state should recognize that maintaining its infrastructure is crucial to the tourism industry, as well as to its residents. He points to the Route 17 Appalachian Gap road as an example.

“It’s a motorcycle destination,” LoCicero says. But the road quality has deteriorated so much, he notes, that he thinks it’s dangerous and won’t recommend it to other riders anymore. “That should be a treasured road,” he laments.

Milano agrees, and points to the App Gap as a fantastic road for riding when it’s in better condition. Now, though, he’s sending his riders on alternate routes.

Leaving aside its infrastructure issues, LoCicero says that Vermont is well positioned to take advantage of motorcycling trends. More than half of the state’s roads — 8000 of 14,000 total miles — are unpaved. (Some, he jokes, “qualify as barely paved.”) For dual-sport riders, that’s a great mix.

But LoCicero isn’t convinced that the state of Vermont recognizes what a boon motorcycling could be to the tourism industry. Snowmobiling, he says, gets far more attention, even though the winter recreation season is much shorter. The state’s official tourism website — vermontvacation.com — makes no mention of motorcycling in Vermont. LoCicero wants that to change.

Motorcycling is “overlooked as this distinct thing that has its own attraction,” he says. “Outside the state, we are probably better understood as a motorcycle destination than inside the state.”

Increasingly, however, innkeepers are realizing that motorcyclists can be a valuable source of business. Carina Thorsson owns the Gray Ghost Inn on Route 100 in West Dover. Located beside a ski resort, the inn gets most of its business during the winter months — so when Thorsson noticed the motorcyclists traveling up and down Route 100, she decided to recruit them during the slower summer season.

She contacted Harley Owners Groups, or “hog chapters,” and began marketing her inn as “motorcycle friendly.” Word spread quickly, and soon chapters were planning destination rides up to the inn. They come for a weekend, take day trips from West Dover, and then head home on Sundays.

“It’s just a fantastic group of people,” says Thorsson. She says the stigma sometimes attached to motorcycling doesn’t belong on the riders she sees, most of whom come on Harley-Davidsons, BMWs or Honda Goldwings — expensive bikes that tend to be favored by middle-aged riders. Her experience catering to motorcyclists has been nothing but positive.

“Once people find out that some place or some state is motorcycle friendly, they’ll come, without a doubt,” Thorsson says.

Milano hopes so, too. Our half-day ride peaks in the hairpin turns of Smugglers’ Notch. High in the mountains above Jeffersonville and Stowe, the air is cool and fragrant, the road shaded by the dense forest and dramatic rock cliffs. From here, it’s downhill as we wend our way back to South Burlington and the heat of the city. When we pass a pick-your-own berry farm, we’re enveloped in the smell of fresh strawberries.

“This is a motorcycle nirvana,” Milano says. And, even on one of the hottest days of the summer, it’s hard to disagree.
http://www.7dvt.com/2012hello-moto
Old 07-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #40
MonkeyboyVT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for posting GBVT!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #41
KingJeff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Thumb Great Trip!

I ended up in VT on business and decided to rent a bike instead of a car. What a great choice, and both Eric and Spenser were responsive to all my questions. It was very easy to navigate the web-site, reserve my bike, and Eric even picked me up at the airport an hour after the shop closed.

I rented the BMW F650GS, and it was in great condition, clean, gassed, and ready to go. Eric helped me with a suggested route, stored my bag I wouldn't be needing, and sent me on my way. I couldn't have had a better experience, and would definitely recommend them to everyone. I'll be back next time I'm in VT.

Vermont is an awesome place to ride. Great roads, with few cars and few stop signs. I even saw a VT moose! I wish I had more time to explore.
04 PW 80
KingJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #42
MonkeyboyVT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Customer Photos!

Big thanks to all our customers in 2012!

We LOVE receiving photo's from your many unique trips and thought we might post a few here on ADVrider.

Hope you enjoy and please keep 'em coming!

Group from Mexico en route to the Maine Coast

Couple from India on a 7 day tour of New England

Overlooking the St. Lawrence seaway and Charlevoix, Quebec. En route to Gaspé peninsula.

Customers from Venezuela on their way to Boston, MA.

Group from Louisiana en route to Nova Scotia.

The Columbia bridge separating Vermont from New Hampshire.

Group from NYC on an adventure loop through the Green Mountain National Forest

Last of the foliage on a late October ride through Vermont.

One of our favorite local customers in the White Mountain range. Hi Vicky

MonkeyboyVT screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 10:12 AM
Old 05-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #43
Jraotb
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Great bikes and service!

Just got back home to Arizona from a 4 1/2 day jaunt on the back roads through the Gaps, Mt. Washington, Bar Harbor, Moosehead Lake and back to Burlington. Awesome riding on some nice, twisty two lane roads! Love the scenery in the Northeast and will definitely be back for more.
Rented a 1200GS from MotoVermont for the trip, and it ran great, was in top condition and had no issues. They obviously take great care of their machines and offer the latest models. Mine came with side cases, top case and a tank bag which offered more than enough room for all my junk.
The service was also top notch, and they were very helpful with trip planning and advice.
Great trip, great bike, great service! I'll be back for more.
Jraotb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #44
MonkeyboyVT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jraotb View Post
Just got back home to Arizona from a 4 1/2 day jaunt on the back roads through the Gaps, Mt. Washington, Bar Harbor, Moosehead Lake and back to Burlington. Awesome riding on some nice, twisty two lane roads! Love the scenery in the Northeast and will definitely be back for more.
Rented a 1200GS from MotoVermont for the trip, and it ran great, was in top condition and had no issues. They obviously take great care of their machines and offer the latest models. Mine came with side cases, top case and a tank bag which offered more than enough room for all my junk.
The service was also top notch, and they were very helpful with trip planning and advice.
Great trip, great bike, great service! I'll be back for more.

Glad you had a great trip. We look forward to seeing you guys next time.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #45
SpenserpVT
Doctor Three Fifty

Oddometer: 252
Adventure Riders International - Teach & Tour

MotoVermont is joining forces with Adventure Riders International to offer a 1-day Fall Teach & Tour on October 7th, 2013.

From Adventure Riders International's website:

Quote:
We will be leaving from Lincoln, VT for a full day of learning while touring some of the most beautiful countryside in Vermont through the Green Mountains. Down gravel and dirt roads, over water crossing and bridges, over rocky paths and hills - this is sure to be a fun filled day with breathtaking scenery.

Some of the obstacles that you will encounter & be taught to master will include, riding on loose surfaces (dirt & gravel), water crossings, hill climbs, rocks, ruts and many more. You will complete this tour as a better and more confident rider.

Dry camping is available free of charge to all participants.

This tour will be lead & taught by our Lead Instructor, Lorne Banks.
MotoVermont will be hosting the event out of Lincoln, VT in the Green Mountain National Forest, as well as renting bikes for participants. A great opportunity to experience some spectacular Autumn riding while improving yours skills!

SpenserpVT screwed with this post 09-07-2013 at 02:29 PM
SpenserpVT is offline   Reply With Quote