Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rderman View Post
Do those pegs still pivot up?
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #16712
Zamzama
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
The pegs pivot up just like the stock pegs. They use the same pin and spring as the stock pegs. I have had those pegs on my Bonneville for the last 5000 miles and have been very happy with them. They have a much better grip on your boots when standing on the pegs in rain or mud. I do drag the pegs fairly regularly. They do not have any skid screw on them so when they drag the actual aluminum of the peg touches. The aluminum at the end of the peg is fairly thick and blocky (about 1 inch). So far I have worn about 1/8 inches of aluminum off the bottom corner, so I expect these pegs to last for years.

I like the idea of powder-coating them black.

twolf. What shift lever is that?
Zamzama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #16713
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
I guess the other question is how do the KnL pegs compare to a set of PivotPegz?
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #16714
sark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
I'm looking for a pair of stock scrambler headers. I have carbs so I'd rather not have a pair with the O2 sensors. If you have a stock set, please give me a PM. Also, I could use some stock factory exhaust shields. Sorry to change the subject of this thread. I really love my Scram and I'm looking to make her perfect. It's best to actually ask the other happy owners. Thanks!
sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #16715
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Just purchased the MetalMule pannier racks. In a week or two, once I get my tax return, I'll be buying the Kriega Overlander 60, and then I think I'll finally have a good luggage setup for the bike. Just in time for the riding season
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #16716
tvscum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStorm View Post
I guess the other question is how do the KnL pegs compare to a set of PivotPegz?
Love my Pivot Pegs off road and on. They never scrape. If you order them, you do not need those lame black rubber "toppers." FYI, they are expensive. Also, PP was having trouble fitting 2012 Scramblers a while back. Not sure if they worked that out. I think the mounts changed on the 2012 model.

'86 Yamaha XT350
tvscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #16717
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Good thing mine's a 2010 model, manufactured in July/August of '09.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #16718
DoubleCafe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Just purchased the MetalMule pannier racks. In a week or two, once I get my tax return, I'll be buying the Kriega Overlander 60, and then I think I'll finally have a good luggage setup for the bike. Just in time for the riding season
I've been thinking about the MetalMule racks for my Scrambler,so I can mount my Zega Pros on them. Will you post up some pics when you get them in?
Thanks!
2013 Ural T - "Death Proof Duck" Edition
1982 Montesa Cota 349, 1974 Yamaha TY 250 & 1974 TY 80
DoubleCafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #16719
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCafe View Post
I've been thinking about the MetalMule racks for my Scrambler,so I can mount my Zega Pros on them. Will you post up some pics when you get them in?
Thanks!
Not mine, but I found these pics to be useful:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk...installed.html
Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #16720
ZappBranigan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Not mine, but I found these pics to be useful:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk...installed.html
Yes, you could go over to Triumphrat.net.

Or you could go back to page 1104 of this very thread where I posted the exact same thing. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16560

Incidentally, since it looks like we're getting good weather this weekend, I'll probably put the side cases on (Duratool cases - basically cheap Pelican copies.) I'll be using the Happy Trail brackets to connect them.
ZappBranigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #16721
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBranigan View Post
Yes, you could go over to Triumphrat.net.

Or you could go back to page 1104 of this very thread where I posted the exact same thing. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16560

Now that you mention it, I do remember you posting it here. Too bad that doesn't show up in a Google search

Quote:
Incidentally, since it looks like we're getting good weather this weekend, I'll probably put the side cases on (Duratool cases - basically cheap Pelican copies.) I'll be using the Happy Trail brackets to connect them.
Lucky you. Supposed to be in the upper 30's all weekend, with intermittent snow. Might be a good time to install an emergency start button. Bike wouldn't start on me leaving work today. Had no problems 30 minutes previously. Took off the side cover and used a quarter to short out the starter solenoid, and after a couple of seconds it started right up. Definitely cold weather related, but $5 at RadioShack should make it easier to deal with.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #16722
ZappBranigan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCafe View Post
Thanks!
I'm loving the MM's so far but they are hideously expensive unless you can find a used set like I did. I only found one seller in the Western US and I believe they wanted $600 for the side racks only and another $250 for the rear rack (though I may have been mistaken and it might have been $250 for the rear rack and $600 for the rear + side racks.) Even at $600 for the entire set it's pretty outrageous - I think I'd be tempted to find someone to fabricate something if that was my only option.

AFAIK there's no other factory-built solution for the Scrambler, which is a shame. Even worse, with the new Tiger 800 sucking the air out of the room it's doubtful that any manufacturer will have any incentive to make something for the Scrambler since there's not much demand, it seems.
ZappBranigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #16723
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBranigan View Post
I'm loving the MM's so far but they are hideously expensive unless you can find a used set like I did. I only found one seller in the Western US and I believe they wanted $600 for the side racks only and another $250 for the rear rack (though I may have been mistaken and it might have been $250 for the rear rack and $600 for the rear + side racks.) Even at $600 for the entire set it's pretty outrageous - I think I'd be tempted to find someone to fabricate something if that was my only option.
I ordered mine from a dealer based out of Florida. $500 plus shipping for just the side racks. Considering I spent $425 on having a custom set fabricated for me, and flexes too much for me to trust (there's no 4th mounting point to connect the two frames together like on the MM set) I don't think the price is too terrible. Sometimes you just have to pay to get quality.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #16724
bp_josh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
fuel filter

So...I needed to drain my nearly full tank. Asked the wife to pick up a siphon tube while she was in town, and of course the guy at the hardware store just couldn't sell her a siphon tube, he had to sell her some gimmicky thing that you drop into the tank and shake up and down in a slightly sexual manner, which is supposed to build up pressure and start the siphon (it doesn't work).

The tube on it is pretty fat, so as I shook it up and down the best I could, the somewhat sharp underside of the filler hole scraped/shaved a bunch of plastic flakes off the tube and down into the tank. I didn't realize until I pulled the tube out.

Anyways...is there a fuel filter on this bike? Please tell me it's not inside the tank where the fuel pump is. I'd like to make sure I don't have a bunch of plastic flakes floating around my tank before I fire the bike up. Of course there's also a little ledge around the filler hole so I can't just dump some fuel in and then turn the tank upside down, as the ledge would catch any debris.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #16725
tvscum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_josh View Post
So...I needed to drain my nearly full tank. Asked the wife to pick up a siphon tube while she was in town, and of course the guy at the hardware store just couldn't sell her a siphon tube, he had to sell her some gimmicky thing that you drop into the tank and shake up and down in a slightly sexual manner, which is supposed to build up pressure and start the siphon (it doesn't work).

The tube on it is pretty fat, so as I shook it up and down the best I could, the somewhat sharp underside of the filler hole scraped/shaved a bunch of plastic flakes off the tube and down into the tank. I didn't realize until I pulled the tube out.

Anyways...is there a fuel filter on this bike? Please tell me it's not inside the tank where the fuel pump is. I'd like to make sure I don't have a bunch of plastic flakes floating around my tank before I fire the bike up. Of course there's also a little ledge around the filler hole so I can't just dump some fuel in and then turn the tank upside down, as the ledge would catch any debris.
Not sure if this helps?
http://www.bikebandit.com/2010-trium...8750#sch632218

Or these photos:
http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...s-of-pics.html
'86 Yamaha XT350
tvscum is offline   Reply With Quote