User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #91
milq
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
When this thread was started I also needed a new wallet. I spent a lot of time searching for a long (checkbook length) wallet to replace a junker I had bought. I picked up a Fossil and the nylon/satin lining was failing within weeks, so I kept looking.

Finally, I gave in and decided maybe I should check out other styles, I knew that tri-fold/bi-fold was out of the question as they hurt my back if I sit on them. I finally decided on a Saddleback ID wallet for $33 and haven't looked back. It forces me to not carry junk in my wallet and it fits in a shirt pocket easily. It holds every card I need to carry (which isn't many, one per slot) and a few bills. Looks and smells great and I can see why they guarantee them for life, very well built. I also got a checkbook app for my phone so I can more easily track debit card use and immediately toss receipts, this also cuts down on paper money carried of course.

Shortly after I bought it, I stumbled onto Col Littlejohn's stuff and if I did it again I might have went with their front pocket wallet first but not sure. I see no reason to switch though as this one works great.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #92
Tech51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apxgrndr View Post
Thats cool, you must buy the knife separately but how do you know which one it fits?
My ESEE Izula fits the best in it and next one of my small Blind Horse knives...
Tech51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #93
gremor
RS'er

Oddometer: 939
Maxpedition Micro...http://youtu.be/pdUtC1FnHO0

I have tried a dozen different wallets and this is the best I have found.

But I've matured. Now I'd make sure I was drunk before I tried to fuck a snake"..........Bueller
gremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #94
urbancowboy
Vicious Cycler

Oddometer: 1,766
mitchell usa leather

for those looking for a classy small leather wallet from a small american company that is very serious about their leather, check out mitchell usa:

http://www.mitchell-leather.com/Other_Products.html

i got their money clip wallet as a birthday gift (after i did the "research"), and i love it. have received compliments on it too.

urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #95
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,168
Subscribed for the minimalist wallets. I've had one for years that I picked up at Wal Mart I believe. It's time for another and I'd be willing to pay $30 to $45 for one this time.

I'll take a picture of mine and add it here not as a 'great' wallet, but a fine one for the money that has styling I've liked.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #96
indr

Oddometer: 1,197
Titanium money clip

http://www.superiortitanium.com/Tita...oney_Clip.html
indr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #97
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,389
The Taxi Wallet is good, especially for motorcycle riders. It has a coinpurse on one side which is handy if you are on the bike. They are leather and durable enough yet not so big as to be unable to carry in a front pocket, thigh pocket, etc. I dump my change from the coinpurse nightly into a jar for my tire fund.

https://www.aliciaklein.com/TAXI-WAL...OLLECTION.html

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #98
Rockhopper Doe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Well folks, it seems like I'm at this same crossroad now.

I've had a Quiksilver wallet for the past 12-14 years and it is begging for replacement. It has been an amazing wallet, but I feel it is time to put it to rest. If I could find the same model again, I would buy it instantly, but I don't know the model name as it has been too long since I got it.

Pics here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...zA&usp=sharing

This thing will hold about 12 cards (CCs, driver's license, ID, etc.) and numerous bills.

I'm looking to replace it with something for similar characteristics:
  • All leather
  • Trifold
  • Flap
  • At least one clear "window", regardless of it's location
  • Several card holding slots

I use my wallet in my right front pocket, so really size isn't an issue for me. However, I'm looking for something that is not huge. Something around the size of the pics I posted above would be great.

I currently have these in my sight:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088EYPEC/...I2W1TZPDXDAHDV

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M6W4FW/...D1CFZUZY&psc=1

Any suggestions?
Rockhopper Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #99
Redbean
Inanely Adventurous

Oddometer: 6,524
Old Angler:

http://www.oldangler.com/index.php/t...ld-wallet.html
Redbean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #100
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,833
Mighty wallet.com

Tyvek, waterproof. It is as thin As a Sheet of paper. I have 12 cards and cash in mine and it's thinner than my old wallet was empty.

The only annoyance is everyone asks questions. I have the airmail theme.

I've had it for a year. It costs $15.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #101
Tmaximusv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
For serious users only, the Buffalo Billfold Company makes some amazing products. I started with a Tri fold, wife wanted something so she got a clutch purse/checkbook. I went back a couple of months ago and replaced my 20+ year old leather checkbook for on of theirs.

Seriously, you could keep these in your back pockets and safely wear assless chaps without fear!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #102
Tip Over
Whoopsie!

Oddometer: 1,024
I've had dozens of wallets. Store brand, novelty, homemade and custom. I've found three that truly worked great for me.

The first one is a rubber band. Worked great before I went in the military, and even in basic. I used them off and on (Between trying different wallets, some of which have been mentioned here) for a long time and never really missed the lack of organization. Just layer your cards and cash the same way every time and it works great. I used to twist it in half so that the band held all four sides super secure. When they broke, I just grabbed another out of the bag.

Eventually, I found a really cool front pocket wallet called the Slimmy. It works really good, though you always have to keep it oriented correctly in your pocket. The middle pocket is smooth leather which made it easy for me to pull my ID out at the gate. I still have it, I just stopped using it because I don't like using a front pocket wallet on a motorcycle. It holds a suprising amount too. I can't recommend them anymore because I bought it at 22 dollars and now they are insane on the price.

The best wallet (in my opinion) however, is the one I've been using for the past 6 years, and will go back to replace it from the same place, maybe if it ever wears out, is my Raven Hollow Leather wallet. I have a six inch Iron cross style wallet that was totally customized for me. The lady was very nice, even steering me away from some material I wanted based on previous complaints. They are willing to customize quite a bit to accommodate, and from what my friends have told me, tend to not charge much for it. Mine is all leather with no liner, so it's pretty thin. I did have the chain but ended up taking it off.

It took more then a year for the leather to fully break in, and I was and still am pretty brutal on it, having been military and now working in a construction trade, It's simply picked up a little character. I have yet to find a leather walled that is as durable as this thing is.
Tip Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #103
O Team
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Agree. I've had a Buffalo bi-fold wallet from them for @ 5 years and it still looks brand new. I can't see this wallet ever wearing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaximusv View Post
For serious users only, the Buffalo Billfold Company makes some amazing products. I started with a Tri fold, wife wanted something so she got a clutch purse/checkbook. I went back a couple of months ago and replaced my 20+ year old leather checkbook for on of theirs.

Seriously, you could keep these in your back pockets and safely wear assless chaps without fear!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #104
RockyRaccoon
Found:Gideon's Bible

Oddometer: 61,277
I recently got a new full grain cowhide wallet that I really like that's made by Buxton. It's a very simple bifold with a clear slot with a thumb-hole to extract my driver's license. What I like about it is the wallet is very thin and the leather is very supple.

“It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled seas of thought.” -- John Kenneth Galbraith
RockyRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #105
Rockhopper Doe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Not sure about durability, but this looks awesome:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nt-wallet-ever
Rockhopper Doe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: