Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #46
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
I was very unhappy with a deka I tried a few years ago. After about one to two hours of charging my gps off the electrical system it would blow the 1-2 amp fuse in the charger. Swapped the battery for an odyssey when the deka died, and problem solved!

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #47
The Stew
Why not Zoidberg?

Oddometer: 50
Just ordered a DEKA for my old KLR. My OEM battery is starting to show its age and its cranking slow this winter so for under $70.00 I figured why the heck not!? Heres hoping its like night and day! (I dont even have a cig charger on my bike so that sorta stuff isnt an issue though I wouldnt mind having at least one - I just dont have the know how.)
2006 KLR650 Aztek Red / SW Motec Bars, Givi Top Case, Tank Bag, PMR Rear Luggage Guard, IMS Pro pegs, Mirror Relocation mod, Moose Folding Shift Lever, Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulators, T-Mod, Coleman Seat Cover, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Horse Saddlebags, Drill Through Subframe Upgrade, 12.9 Bolts, Doohickey, 16TFS, AGM Battery, AeroLED Tail Light
The Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #48
upsman123
n00b

Oddometer: 2
not sure

Has anyone else had their bank account compromised over ordering one of these batteries? I had ordered some parts from different places for a trip to california. I figured I would order some parts Id need for my bike. Battery was on top of the list. I saw this thread and ordered it a couple days ago. I realized when got to the tri state website said it had certificate warning. something about it wasn't a trusted website. I continued anyway ordering the thing thinking that the website just didn't request google chromes permission. 10 days later the battery showed up on time. I charged it bit put it in my klr and its been awesome since. But I get to work after putting my bike tire in performance cycle and check my bank account and all of a sudden the 700 I had saved for the trip was gone. Now I'm not blaming the tristate people. I've never had fraud. Its just that its the only website that I bought stuff from that didnt have the proper certification with chrome.
upsman123 is offline   Reply With Quote