Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. PeteH

PeteH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think Gorman is trying to scare the new guy off. I've got almost 9000 miles on my original rear tire. Quite a first bike though.
  2. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome on board, PolyrythmFX. I'm down around Laurelville and Waverly. Give a yell when you want to go riding.
  3. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Meef,

I use pandora and tinyshark pretty regular in my truck and while mowing. I use about 3gb of data a month between Pandora, tinyshark, google searches and email. I carry 2 spare batteries with me and can go through all 3 in a day if that tells you how much I use it.
  4. The Stew

The Stew Why not Zoidberg?

Oddometer:
    Man it seems everybody is over around Columbus and only like 4 guys including me live over here around Dayton. For those few guys I have a question.

Im new to the area (~2 years) and this year I want to go camping, a lot. Now I'm not down with camping in big mowed spaces with grills set up and portapottys within 100feet. Im more of a rugged camping type of guy. My favorite spot down in KY was an island I had to boat for 15 minutes to get to. Any suggestions on nice places to ride to and camp that isn't 100 miles away?
  5. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    There is a sweet Waggy running around Columbus with a 6BT stuffed in it, Looks bone stock. Problem is that the dana 44's couldn't handle that action. I know where there is a brand new in the crate 4BT that would be perfect for yours. If I were building a rat rod, it would have to be 2 stroke detroit powered, there is nothing like that sweet supercharged noise they make. We built a 55 ford pickup with a 4" chop when I was a pup, I would love to build another around my 4-71.

You should sell me one of those Caddo's. I would like to put together a pink Caddy for Krista, she digs Elvis, so it would be fitting.
  6. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

Not him, just his check book :D

Where your blue came from, The late Mr Fabrizio Meoni...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. mgorman

Oddometer:

If you ever have any questions or need help, let me know, mine's been keeping me happy for almost 65,000 miles (and it looks like it too!)
  8. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    There's more than four of us but not all are daily posters and some just lurk. As for camping el-natural i Western Ohio. I am unaware of any parks allowing overnight camping out here. But travel towards SE Ohio across 35 and you will find Tar Hollow. Not sure in Wayne has overnight camping or not. But I'm sure there are state parks that do. :thumb
  9. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Time for our annual trip to Easton for my wife's ophthalmic conference. I am thinking of heading to Mudflats in Galena after dinner tonight for some Rockabilly. Also thinking of heading to either the Mellow Mushroom or Brews for lunch tomorrow. Anyone care to join me so I don't have to drink alone?:beer
  10. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Hoping to roll through Columbus tomorrow around noon, may need to warm up
  11. Oceanbum

Oceanbum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't ride the motorcycle so might as well go Skiing. Heading out this afternoon for Holiday Valley, New York to break some bones! :clap
  12. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Michael, I am not sure if you know that, by any conventional measurement of behavior, you are fully insane.:loco Not that I would be a standard bearer for normalcy. No sir, far be it, I am here to tell you that I salute the silly and nonsensical, I applaud the abnormal and absurd. I just wonder if, perhaps, some fifty odd years ago, aliens landed in rural Stark county, and you are the result of their experiments?:wink:

Either that or your mom dropped you on your head when you were a baby.:eek1

Give me a call when you get to Columbus and I will buy you a cup of coffee and raise a toast to your endeavors! :bow

440-7for9-5too82
  13. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I'm 15 minutes off 71. Stop by for a hot chocolate.

You do know the high is under 30 and there is an 80% chance of snow right?
  14. mgorman

Oddometer:
    The weather gods have been screwing me for years, why stop now. I would have left 3 days ago but "it" happens.

In fact I was just informed the cyclocross worlds were rescheduled to Saturday due to expected flooding so I'll miss out on that also.

At least if I make it to Louisville, I'll have a free room and be half way to my sisters and highs of 40+
  15. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few guys and a girl I know are at CX worlds right now. If I wasn't so doggone busy, I might try to tag along.

I'll probably be out on the WRR tomorrow for a little to play in the snow. I would have rode to work this morning, but I had to bring a crock pot (no room on the WRR). :D
  16. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    A crock pot will fit in a milk crate on the back of a KLR.

:hide
  17. mgorman

Oddometer:

A crock pot will fit in a top case on the back of a KTM also :D

Hmmmm, power inverter, crock pot, hot chili at the rest stop....
  18. Moparmanpete

Moparmanpete The Cracken has risen!...maybe? NOPE

Oddometer:

:rofl Hmmmm ideas ideas!
  19. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    1. The beans would have been frozen by the time I arrived at work.
    2. Still had a pan of cornbread & backpack to contend with.
    3. The WRR is funner for tossing around,
    4. The WRR is easier to pick up,
    5. The WRR probably has more fitting tires. :rofl

Are you riding that KTM much dox?
  20. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    12V coffee pot would be handy too. :clap