Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #211
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by davevv View Post
This ain't a KLR thread, Leo. But seriously, you really think $15k MSRP for this bike that has cruise control, ABS, and traction control all standard is too much? I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal, myself.

But it's not $15k. It's $18k. They were sneaky with the arrangement of their flyer.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #212
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby View Post

But it's not $15k. It's $18k. They were sneaky with the arrangement of their flyer.
I'd love it to be cheaper, but it looks like a lot of bike for the money.

I'd compare it to the following.

Harley Road King
Triumph Rocket III Touring
Victory Cross Roads
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe or Stratoliner
Honda F6B (I guess) or the Interstate
Kawasaki Nomad

And there are +/- to each of those models. My 4 out of that list would be the Triumph, Honda F6B (no cruise or ABS sucks though), Road King, and the Guzzi.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #213
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby View Post

I'm pretty certain the base spec (ABS, RbW, Trac-trol) is the same, the difference being in optionals (hard panniers, GPS anti-theft, aux lights, two-tone paint etc. on the Touring).
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #214
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

It's an evil plot, I tell ya.

Guzzi switched the columns hoping a few folks would read it incorrectly and then post "that's a great price!" in on-line forums.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #215
oldhippie1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Price

Anyway you slice it $17990 is a very reasonable price for the tourer. Everyone has their own opinion but people need to get real. Thats a hell of a price for a bike like that. Personally I like the $14990 model best.
oldhippie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #216
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,342
Even if you look at the $18k tourer instead of the $15k custom, you still don't find many comparable bikes at that price. The Victory Cross Roads for example, their cheapest tourer, starts at the same price but does not include GPS ($890), cruise control ($400), or the added highway light bar ($330), and traction control is not available. That's another $1620 and it's still not to the level of the Guzzi. You can't get the same price with the same features on any Harley tourer either. I haven't checked the comparable Japanese bikes 'cause I'm not really a Jap bike guy, but I'm prety sure they also won't match up. If you're looking for a cruiser styled touring bike with all these features, the new 1400 is the best deal around.
davevv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #217
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oh, I'm gonna give it a good look, alright.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #218
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer: 23,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
The Piaggio frame designer stated in an interview that it HAS 5 DEGREES MORE LEANING ANGLE THAN THE ROAD KING.

Its difficult to judge/compare leaning angles from photos unless a picture is taken of the RK in the same spot from the same angle.

I owned the redesigned/upgraded RK and still own an EV1100 and judging from reviews and technical data.....they not even in the same league. Add the cost to get 96hp from a RK, plus ABS, plus cruise control, plus traction control, plus comparable suspension and handling and you looking at 25K at least if not more. Just ABS and cruise will bring the price of a RK to 19.5K

One last thing, always consider whose writing the review. A journo used to much greater lean angles from testing 200hp rockets on a track will feel cramped by the modest angles of cruiser/tourers but its more than enough for the street at sane speeds.
Thanks for that.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #219
doggrell3000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
2013 moto guzzi california 1400 custom

dear forum

the moto guzzi california 1400 custom is a great looking bike imho . i don't know how much it costs but i like the way it looks . the cal custom is an all black version of the regular 1400 california . the mg cal custom is beefy looking with fat tires and a low profile . the mg cal custom is minimalist with only the essential farkles . it is ride by wire with built in cruise control . please sign my new petition appealing to moto guzzi to give me a free cal custom because i am such a nice person but will never be able to buy this bike due to having no money .

doggrell3000

doggrell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #220
apessino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,273
It has a $14,990 MSRP - more info in the other thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=200
Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #221
doggrell3000
Gnarly Adventurer

2013 mg cal custom

thanks . when the out the door price hits $12000 it's mine .
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #222
Tilter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggrell3000 View Post
thanks . when the out the door price hits $12000 it's mine .
Hopefully you have to buy a used one then as that will mean its a failure for MG. people out of work, even fewer dealers carrying the brand, more clones flooding the market.

But hey if it means you can save $32 a month then who cares about all the people a failure like that would hurt, right?
Tilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #223
jrflanne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
I have just bought a Griso and I have to say how impressed I am with it. The Griso will put a grin on your face and is a true pleasure to ride. I am sure the new Cali will be too. Guzzi builds a quality bike with great fit and finish. I'm not much of a cruiser guy but the Cali might turn me that way, being old and fat and all. Can't wait to ride one.
jrflanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #224
doggrell3000
Gnarly Adventurer

2013 moto guzzi california custom discounts

i am just as concerned about the workers and designers and managers of motorcycles as the next guy . my moto guzzi dealer just called and offered to sell me a brand new 2013 moto guzzi california custom for $5000 dollars . i was shocked and disappointed in my salesman's utter disregard for the future of moto guzzi and the survival of the hallowed sport of motorcycling which we all dearly love . therefore - out of a sense of honor and charity - i refused to pay such a low low price for this bike because i knew that somewhere in italy some young child whose mom or dad worked at the moto guzzi factory would be deprived of an extra order of fries with his big mac . always pay full msrp on every motorcycle you see because that way we will together do our part to make sure the economy is rejuvenated and poor italian kids can order more fries . french fries .
Old 02-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #225
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 5,212

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote