User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #16
PSS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Thumb

blackSP - sweet lookin ride!! I especially like the appearance of the front wheel & tire....
PSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSS View Post
blackSP - sweet lookin ride!! I especially like the appearance of the front wheel & tire....
Yeah, those are a nice option on the 48 as well. I like the looks of my wire spoked wheels but I much prefer tubeless tires. Tubes are a real PITA if you ever get a flat out on the road! At least with tubeless you have a good chance of plugging and riding on to get it fixed properly. Tubes are also much more likely to lose air suddenly, which could be very dangerous.

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
murder face
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
That is an awesome sporty. I really like the tire and wheel combo, definitely what catches my eye first. Keep updating on the progress with future upgrades. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #19
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Yeah, those are a nice option on the 48 as well. I like the looks of my wire spoked wheels but I much prefer tubeless tires. Tubes are a real PITA if you ever get a flat out on the road! At least with tubeless you have a good chance of plugging and riding on to get it fixed properly. Tubes are also much more likely to lose air suddenly, which could be very dangerous.

Absolutely. Have a flat out on the road with tube type tires, and you're screwed big time. I can already hear somebody suggesting laying that beauty on it's side to get the wheels off. Sadly, for those who like wire spoke wheels, it is easy and inexpensive to make them for tubeless tires. BMW has been doing it for a long time. The R1200C had tubeless tires on wire spoked wheels. Nobody else seems to care enough to do it.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #20
ShardPhoenix
Наглый ублюдок

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Absolutely. Have a flat out on the road with tube type tires, and you're screwed big time. I can already hear somebody suggesting laying that beauty on it's side to get the wheels off. Sadly, for those who like wire spoke wheels, it is easy and inexpensive to make them for tubeless tires. BMW has been doing it for a long time. The R1200C had tubeless tires on wire spoked wheels. Nobody else seems to care enough to do it.

Hey Jerry...

I don't think anyone would suggest plonking that beauty on its side. Certainly not me. (Though I did say I'd plonk my own bike, which is not nearly as nice, on its side in a pinch if I had to swap a tube NOW, but don't let that stop you from taking something completely out of context. Really is time to put you on ignore, I think...)

OP,

Beautiful Sporty you've got there.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #21
Ironhead
But Itsa Dry Heat

Oddometer: 772
Can't be a proper Sportster without a narrow 21" with 800 polished, twisted spokes on the front

Just kidding

I think that is the sharpest looking Sporty I've seen, I like the wide front tire on it

" Lord grant me patience, because if you grant me strength, I'll need bail money and a lawyer to go along with it"
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #22
blackSP OP
62 6c 61 63 6b 53 50

Oddometer: 450
Thanks guys, and I agree, my bike looks awesome!

b l a c k S P e c i a l s
blackSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #23
beardothebeardo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Love that paint scheme.

I work at a dealer and the thing that pisses me off, is the death of the stardard Harley, i.e. short/no suspension.

You plan on raising the bike at all?
beardothebeardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
blackSP OP
62 6c 61 63 6b 53 50

Oddometer: 450
Like in better shocks? Yep, the stockers are pathetic. Every serious (or less) bump or dent it bottoms out. Duo riding will be next to impossible I guess. Only 100km on the odo and already thinking about a set of Hyperpro's...

b l a c k S P e c i a l s
blackSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #25
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardothebeardo View Post
Love that paint scheme.

I work at a dealer and the thing that pisses me off, is the death of the stardard Harley, i.e. short/no suspension.

You plan on raising the bike at all?
Ditto. Paint looks awesome!

I agree about the suspension. Somewhere along the way it seems that H-D forgot they were building motorcycles and decided to focus on fashion accessories. But, I guess the market speaks... Surprisingly enough, if you spend much time on xlforum or other H-D specific forums, you'll find a lot of people actually LOWERING the 48, 72, and other already too low, bikes! Of course I guess if your idea of going "riding" is just a quick blast down to the local bar for a few beers and a ball game... Then standing around out in the parking lot pointing and talking about how "cool it looks"...

Whatever....

I can't wait to get longer Ohlins on the back and longer damper rods, Intiminators, and springs up front! I can't stand the bone jarring I take at the smallest sharp edged bump in the road. And I'd like to gain some cornering clearance too.

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #26
EricD10563
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Nice looking bike, paint looks great, enjoy your new bike.
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 96k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
EricD10563 is offline   Reply With Quote