Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #31
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctune80 View Post
Broc was #17 at the start of the year, #1 at the end! The 1st of six #1 plates! 7 if you count the Trans Ama title.
Thank You. Yeah I was making my 1976 Yamaha YZ125 a OW125 Bob Hannah Replica (Water Cool and all), but with finances tightening, my 1976 Yamaha YZ125 Bob Hannah Replica will now become a Replica of Broc Glovers 1977 Race Bike.
athomerecords25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #32
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

Did a lot of sanding on the paint job that I put on the lower fork legs (I don't have the money at the time for Anodizing). I didn't like the color yellow, so I sanded them down and am going to respray them tomorrow. I have like 100 Simons sticker on the way.

The Oversized Gas Tank looks horrible so that has to go as soon as I get some more money coming in.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

I am going to do some work on the Bottom End on Thursday. There are a 1985 and 1986 Yamaha YZ490 Motor on craigslist that I would get if I had the money and play with and learn the complete ins and outs of the Yamaha YZ465, YZ490 and WR500 engines but I don't have the cash even though they are up for a little of nothing.

Ugly Huge Aftermarket Tank. Yuck!
http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/member...Mixon848,25684
Old 05-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

Eh?

Yellow Front Fork Legs:
http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/member...Mixon848,25684

They are ugly and have runs, but hey I am just tired of painting, sanding, painting and sanding. It will be a racer anyway. I am going to get another set sometime and have them Anodized (a long time from now).
Old 06-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

It is so sad, that I have walked so far away from this project that when I went and looked at all the parts today I was totally confused. I have a little bit of work still needed to be done to the 1977 Honda CR125M and then it will be back to this bike.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #36
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

I have been all over the place with my bike projects. Most of my time has been being put into my 1983 Yamaha YZ490 Broc Glover Replica.

Actually a guy came by to look at my 1980 Yamaha YZ465 to possibly purchase it and was like "wow guy you got one heck of a project on your hands. I would be suprised if you ever got this clacked out thing running". That is motivation to get it up and going again.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #37
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

I have been laid off from my job, so I now (well in between looking for new work) have time to put into this project. Got a few other projects that I am motivated to finish now because I need to sell them.

http://www.cafepress.com/llovemotocross
Old 02-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #38
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

Still working on this project and will have photos of the progress soon.

Goal is to finish it up, take a few hundred photos and then trade it for a 1983 Yamaha YZ250 or a 1988 Kawasaki KDX200.

Stay tuned....
Old 05-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #39
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

I feel so bad that have let this one go so far without finishing it. Being laid off from work really slows down any project that is for sure.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #40
GreatestGeneration
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Another Marty Moates Tribute Project

Hello, about 3 weeks ago I picked up a very sad looking 465G. It was advertised as an 83. The Kid who sold it to me se'd it was very fast and the guy who had it before him raced it and it now a 490 with 83 forks on it. The back Tire was Bald cause he said when they would have a Party they would start it up and do burn offs. The motor wasn't stuck but it didn't have much compression. The Rims had no less than 3 Cracks each ! This is the kind of bike one needs to run away from.
Once I got it home and was suffering from buyers remorse I started taking a better look at it kinda noticed that the important parts might be OK. The Frame is Rust Free even though the Hoop under the seat was long gone. No dents on the bottom. The Suspension works. Disassembling the bike it was very clear that every nut and bolt was finger tight cause somebody wanted to put it together to get rid of it. The Forks are the correct 38mm. The Weisco Piston was a second over and in bad shape but its still a 465. The bottom end and Clutch look to be in near new condition. The Main case's hasn't a serial number and were probably replaced new when the engine was rebuilt.
So I fabed up a new Frame Hoop under the seat and sent it out to be Blasted. Bolt Cutters and a Potra Band had the Tires and Wheels free from the Hubs. Most of the Parts cleaned up real nice with medium Glass bead.
The Frame and Hubs-Brakes are at the Powder Coater. I just got the Barrel back from NW Sleeve with a new Wossner Piston. The Mailman is delivering a steady stream from Speed and Sports and e-bay. Buchmanns delivered a Box with new Excel Rims ( couldn't find any DID) and Spokes. NW Maico-CZ has Plastic headed my way.
This week I should have most everything back to start assembly. I have the Motor Complete and ready. I was planning on using the stock Forks but I now might have a line on a set of Simons that are not to far away. I think I have a good start so far.
GreatestGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #41
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by athomerecords25 View Post
I feel so bad that have let this one go so far without finishing it. Being laid off from work really slows down any project that is for sure.
Projects are tricky to keep rolling,especially if you have more then one. Best of luck and hope you get the thing together!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #42
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatestGeneration View Post
Hello, about 3 weeks ago I picked up a very sad looking 465G. It was advertised as an 83. The Kid who sold it to me se'd it was very fast and the guy who had it before him raced it and it now a 490 with 83 forks on it. The back Tire was Bald cause he said when they would have a Party they would start it up and do burn offs. The motor wasn't stuck but it didn't have much compression. The Rims had no less than 3 Cracks each ! This is the kind of bike one needs to run away from.
Once I got it home and was suffering from buyers remorse I started taking a better look at it kinda noticed that the important parts might be OK. The Frame is Rust Free even though the Hoop under the seat was long gone. No dents on the bottom. The Suspension works. Disassembling the bike it was very clear that every nut and bolt was finger tight cause somebody wanted to put it together to get rid of it. The Forks are the correct 38mm. The Weisco Piston was a second over and in bad shape but its still a 465. The bottom end and Clutch look to be in near new condition. The Main case's hasn't a serial number and were probably replaced new when the engine was rebuilt.
So I fabed up a new Frame Hoop under the seat and sent it out to be Blasted. Bolt Cutters and a Potra Band had the Tires and Wheels free from the Hubs. Most of the Parts cleaned up real nice with medium Glass bead.
The Frame and Hubs-Brakes are at the Powder Coater. I just got the Barrel back from NW Sleeve with a new Wossner Piston. The Mailman is delivering a steady stream from Speed and Sports and e-bay. Buchmanns delivered a Box with new Excel Rims ( couldn't find any DID) and Spokes. NW Maico-CZ has Plastic headed my way.
This week I should have most everything back to start assembly. I have the Motor Complete and ready. I was planning on using the stock Forks but I now might have a line on a set of Simons that are not to far away. I think I have a good start so far.

Would love to see photo's.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #43
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Projects are tricky to keep rolling,especially if you have more then one. Best of luck and hope you get the thing together!
About to head down and pick up some missing bolts and things today and get back into it. I need something to keep my mind busy , as finding work has not been as easy as I thought. Good thing I know how to do construction and can pick up side jobs to survive.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #44
brucifer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,279
Keep plugging away at it. You'll eventually get there. Heck, I'm on my 7th year on my project XL600.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #45
athomerecords25 OP
Vintage YZ *****

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucifer View Post
Keep plugging away at it. You'll eventually get there. Heck, I'm on my 7th year on my project XL600.
I will check your profile to see if you have any links to your Honda XL600. I am just finishing up a 1979 Honda XL185. I made it look like Marty Smith's 1979 Honda RC500.