Oddometer: 469
Super Tenere on the COBDR - http://www.facebook.com/BackcountryDiscoveryRoutes

TouratechUSA screwed with this post 08-20-2012 at 10:37 AM
TouratechUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:56 AM   #32
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

Seattle, WA (August 30, 2012) Touratech's 38L Zega Pro Top Case System will transform your favorite motorcycle into an urban utility vehicle. Quick stops in the city, creative parking, easy access and running errands are made easier with a Zega Pro Top Case System. The ultimate urban accessory, Touratech's 38L Zega Pro Top Case provides safe and secure storage on the tail of the motorcycle and features a lockable quick release mount that allows the case to be attached to the back of the bike in just seconds.

“One of my favorite things about Touratech's 38L Zega Pro Top Case is that you can safely store an Arai XD full-face motorcycle helmet while you're away from the bike. I no longer have to carry my helmet through the grocery store!”
-Paul Guillien, General Manager, Touratech-USA

Precision crafted from lightweight and durable aluminum, the 38L Zega Pro Top Case sets the bar high with a quality build and clean finish. The hinges and latch are constructed from laser-cut stainless steel for maximum strength and durability. Additionally, the Top Case can be equipped with a key lock for maximum security.

The 38L Zega Pro Top case is available in raw aluminum, anodized black or anodized silver finish. Zega Pro top cases mount to a stainless steel topcase rack which is designed to bolt onto the specific model of motorcycle. For a complete list of motorcycles that have a Touratech Top Case mount available go to www.touratech-usa.com/topcase

To see the Touratech 38L Zega Pro Top Case in action watch this video shot at the famous Pike Place Market in Seattle: http://youtu.be/n3LFgibcpr4

Best regards,

Paul Guillien| General Manager
Touratech-USA / CycoActive, Inc.

TouratechUSA screwed with this post 08-31-2012 at 01:05 AM
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #33
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

Touratech has released new ADV accessories for the 2013 BMW F800GS, an updated version of BMW Motorrad's ever popular adventure motorcycle. Touratech's product highlights include a quick-release stainless steel headlight guard, smoked windscreen, crash bars, Zega Pro top case system and Zega Pro pannier system and more.

“My favorite bike for off-pavement motorcycle adventures just got better with the improved 2013 F800GS. The new ESA suspension and updated styling are both steps in the right direction for this middle-weight parallel twin."
-Paul Guillien, General Manager, Touratech-USA

Touratech Crash Bars - $264.70
Touratech Crash Bars offer the most protection for your BMW F800GS, F700GS or F650GS twin because they mount to the steel chassis of the motorcycle rather than the engine. Most other crash bars take the easy way and mount directly to the engine which transfers impact to the very thing it should be protecting... your engine!

Quick Release Stainless Steel Headlight Guard - $122.60
The Touratech quick-release headlight guard gives you all the protection of our original steel headlight guard for the BMW F800GS and F650GS twin, but allows you to quickly remove the guard for cleaning. Touratech headlight guards are laser cut from the highest quality stainless steel, then anodized black for a tough and good looking finish. The grid pattern of the headlight guard allows ample light to pass through, but not the large stones and debris thrown by passing riders or cars. The stainless steel construction is strong enough to withstand the hardest hits, and save you from costly repairs to your expensive headlight assembly.

Touratech Smoked Windscreen - $221.70
The Touratech windscreen is much bigger and has a different aerodynamic shape. The resulting improved wind protection reduces the (wind) pressure on the rider, which results in much more relaxed riding. Turbulence around the helmet is minimized and protection against the weather improved. The Touratech Smoked Windscreen is approximately 14" tall from top of main headlight and 14.5" wide at widest point

Zega Pro Pannier System - $1195.95 to $1,412.70
The legendary Zega panniers have provided secure dry storage for adventure riders the world over. The engineers at Touratech have retained the proven mounting design and rugged construction while enhancing the looks and features for the next generation Zega Pro. For starters, the Zega Pro features a revolutionary dual purpose latch that also functions as a hinge and is available with optional key locks. The body and removable lid feature rounded lines with rugged corner protection that is easily replaceable. Low profile anchor loops provide a flat surface that makes the pannier a good seat at the campfire. Crafted with 1.5mm aluminum with a combination of welded and stainless steel rivet construction.

Exhaust Muffler Shield – $94.70
The new BMW F800GS has no factory-fitted protection for the rear silencer, so Touratech developed shields for the rear silencers on both the F800GS and F650GS Twin. The shields make the large rear silencer generally more appealing. They also efficiently protect the most conspicuous part of the exhaust system against the scratches and dents that can be caused by stones or falls. The shield rear silencer is made of laser-cut anodized aluminum, which means it is both light and hard-wearing.

Check out the complete line of parts for the 2013 F800GS here: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/2...ts-Accessories

Paul Guillien| General Manager
Touratech-USA / CycoActive, Inc.
P (206) 323-2349 ext. 226
www.touratech-usa.com
www.streetline-usa.com
www.cycoactive.com

Join us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/TouratechUSA

Follow us on Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/TouratechUSA

See us on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/TouratechUSA
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #34
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

2013 BMW F800GS Parts & Accessories

TouratechUSA screwed with this post 09-18-2012 at 05:04 PM
Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #35
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

INTERMOT:
ZEGA Pro top mounted sideways

Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #36
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

TR650 Terra w/ TT Zega Pros, skid plate, rear luggage plate, seat, wheel updates and more. Plus a Giant Loop Fandango bag.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #37
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

All the Zega Pro pannier sizes we make.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #38
jayfredweb
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouratechUSA View Post

Any Touratech Zega or Zega Pro Pannier that was pre-mounted, or “center-mounted,” from the factory should be a universal fit to most Touratech racks. Some exceptions include Zega Classic panniers pre-mounted for the BMW R1150GS, Zega Classics pre-mounted for the KTM 950 Adventure, or any pannier with an exhaust cutout. A set of center-mounted Zega panniers sold for a BMW F650GS single will be the same mounting setup as a Triumph Tiger 800. If anyone has any specific questions about Zega or Zega Pro pannier compatibility with certain racks, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-491-2926 and ask.
Regarding the Zega Pro Special Set for the R1200GS

Are there any safety, structural or other benefits of the cut-out case? Here is how I see it:

PROS:
Aesthetically pleasing to the eye of the person riding behind you.
Extra 7L (approx.) of space inside.
Larger top space for attachments

CONS:
Finding a used replacement could be difficult because of limited production.
Rack is not compatible with anything else (ie: Other manufacturers, or soft bags)
Doesn't function as a chair or table for the campsite.
Costs $500US more.
jayfredweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #39
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

Pretty much nailed it, but It's 3 liters more capacity for the special set, not 7. Basically the 'shelf' above the exhaust. Also, the special set is an inch narrower than the standard 38/45L set.

Thnx TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfredweb View Post

Are there any safety, structural or other benefits of the cut-out case? Here is how I see it:

PROS:

CONS:
Rack is not compatible with anything else (ie: Other manufacturers, or soft bags)
Costs $500US more.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #40
Motopunk
Chileno

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
Any chance you'd be doing any sort of discounts or group buy promos?
Quote:
There is nothing planned at this time. Sorry.
Quote:
Not at this time. Sorry.
Thanks for asking, TT
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback!

What about now? Any chance you'd be doing any sort of discounts or group buy promos?

I am counting the times you dodge the bullet!
R1200GS
'05
F650GS
HONDA ASCOT
, SOLD
Motopunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #41
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

adds strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfredweb View Post

PROS:

CONS:
Costs $500US more.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #42
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopunk View Post
What about now? Any chance you'd be doing any sort of discounts or group buy promos?

I am counting the times you dodge the bullet!
tough to say. they come and go. follow our FB page for the fastest updates please. ADV update is a little slower.

last one was a free dry duffel. before that was in shop discount during IMS - Seattle show. thanks TT
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #43
TouratechUSA OP
Made For Adventure

We've added more parts that fit the TR such as foot pegs & shift levers...skid plate coming real soon.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...ts-Accessories

Even with Husky getting sold to KTM we will always fully support Husky!

Quote:
TR650 Terra w/ TT Zega Pros, skid plate, rear luggage plate, seat, wheel updates and more. Plus a Giant Loop Fandango bag.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #44
niklasthedolphin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Zega pro top box moved backwards on F8GS?

My wife and I have the F800GS 2009.

We were early out getting the Zega Pro And S 31/38L pannier set and later on, when available, the Zega pro And S 38L top box/top case.

We have the BMW comfort seat if any influence on our issue here.

We travel around Europe two up each summer but since we got the top box, the ride have become rather unpleasant for both of us.
There's simply not enough space for riding two up (at least not our size) while the top box is mounted.
It's like I eather have to lean uncomfortably much forward and down towards the handlebar with my entire torso og my wife is pushing her back too much against the top box.

The Top box is sitting on top of the Touratech Standard Top Case Bracket which sits on top of the Stainless Steel Luggage rack.

My question is if anybody, maybe any Touratech expert, have had any succes altering the positioning point of the top box backwards to make more space for the pillion rider or if anyone have any idea IF it in any way is possible?
The attachment holes i drilled in the bottom of the top box were in the very front rim of the plane area of the metal to ensure the furthest rear positioning on the bracket.

Maybe leveling out the angle would also help but this might get to look ridiculous as it follows the angle of the panniers as it is now.
Or a combination of letting a blacksmith do a "buffer plate" in between the box and the bracket and leveling the angle slightly out by shortening the two rear spacers under the luggage rack?
We just need the very front top of the top box moved back some 5-10 cm.

Might it weaken the attachment in any hazard way if it was put further back by a blacksmith?

We are aware of the weight distribution issues and tend to keep the top box almost empty (space for souveniers) or filled with the very lightest of the packing.
Before we got the top box, we used two heavy roll bags on the luggage rack anyway.
From now on we intent to only have the Redverz Expedition Tent on top of the top box.

Any input will be welcome.

I am in particular interested in any info from Touratech, if they have had any similar requiery, if they made a buffer plate for solving this issue or if any other solution was thought of by anyone at Touratech Worldwide?

Thanks for reading.

niklasthedolphin screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 05:38 AM
niklasthedolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #45
tlwood99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
adds strength
I don't see how. I would say "adds weekness."

You take a very geometric design with rolled seamless corners that an elephant can stand on (remember that one?) and you cut it up, replacing the rolled corners with sharp angles, seams and welds. Rolled corners are stronger than welded sharp corners any day.

I would also disagree with the poster that the "special set" is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye but that is of course a matter of taste.

I have the standard ZP 45/38 and luv 'em.
tlwood99 is offline   Reply With Quote