Oddometer: 199
Nice ride report! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #93
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco3738 View Post
Great report. Glad you made it home safe. Thanks agin for the tracks. I can't wait to get back to that area.

Mike
You are very welcome! I can't wait to go back either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR
WHew! What a trip! Finally made it through reading it all! Awesome pics and great riding! Love the scenery!
Thanks! You know, I think the area we normally ride in is about as pretty as the GC, although, I would recommend seeing the GC at least once.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #94
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by weave View Post
Thanks for posting up that report Supa.Got me drooling ........
Hope to get high with you again this year.
Aw man, I was glad to share! Yes, I hope we make that trip also!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #95
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Nice report.

And if you get a chance to ride w/ Pantah sometime, you should do it. He has a wealth of experience, and he's a pretty nice guy, too.

Thanks for the write up.
Thanks for reading and the kind words! Yes, I have seen some of Pantah's posts! He does not seem like a slouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork
ONE DAY GONNA HAVE TO SLIDE OUT THAT DOOR AND GO
That's what I keep threatening and never to return again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessitori
Nice ride report! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading and posting!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #96
Faulkner
Patriot

Oddometer: 86
Great ride report!!

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne
Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #97
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkner View Post
Great ride report!!
Thanks! Don't you want to go out there and do that?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #98
ADVWannabee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
What a great ride, great report and excellent photos! Love it and hate it at the same time. My wife and I vacationed in AZ a couple years ago and saw much of the same country you covered except we stayed on the roads as we were in a rental car. The whole time I was there I was wishing I was on the bike. There is no better way to see the country than from the back of the bike. It seems you are much more of a participant in the world when on the bike where from a car it is like watching a big screen TV while you play the radio, sip your drink and blast the A/C.
ADVWannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #99
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVWannabee View Post
What a great ride, great report and excellent photos! Love it and hate it at the same time. My wife and I vacationed in AZ a couple years ago and saw much of the same country you covered except we stayed on the roads as we were in a rental car. The whole time I was there I was wishing I was on the bike. There is no better way to see the country than from the back of the bike. It seems you are much more of a participant in the world when on the bike where from a car it is like watching a big screen TV while you play the radio, sip your drink and blast the A/C.
Thanks for the nice comments! I agree with you; everything is more fun on a motorcycle!

I was just in your neck of the woods last week. I stayed on the road as I was riding with some friends on Harleys and a V-Strom, but I still had a blast!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #100
shudman
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thanks for posting this. Pictures and report are well done. I am planning a solo trip this summer (late spring) and your trip is what i have pictured in my mind. I am starting in Guelph Ontario and have three weeks to get to the Canyon and back before my wife and kids realize i am gone. I am trying not to plan to much yet i want yo see it all and more. I am riding a 2011 KLR 650 and am planning to camp most nights. Your pics make me want to travel even sooner. Did you over pack, under pack, forget anything or is it as it seems, you perfected the adventure trip I was planning on a less aggressive tire but maybe i should rethink that after the roads you travelled.
Anyways thanks again for the trip report Well Done!
shudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #101
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by shudman View Post
Thanks for posting this. Pictures and report are well done. I am planning a solo trip this summer (late spring) and your trip is what i have pictured in my mind. I am starting in Guelph Ontario and have three weeks to get to the Canyon and back before my wife and kids realize i am gone. I am trying not to plan to much yet i want yo see it all and more. I am riding a 2011 KLR 650 and am planning to camp most nights. Your pics make me want to travel even sooner. Did you over pack, under pack, forget anything or is it as it seems, you perfected the adventure trip I was planning on a less aggressive tire but maybe i should rethink that after the roads you travelled.
Anyways thanks again for the trip report Well Done!

Wow! I'm jealous! I wish I could make that trip again. Good luck with being back before anyone knows you are gone; when you get there, you won't want to leave!

Packing. Sheesh, I am a terrible packer. I take too much, although, I would be hard pressed to give up just about anything I took. I spent a bunch of time reading other ride reports and leaned heavily on Dr. Rock for his packing lists. He is a master at organization and packing! I'm sure he won't mind if I sent that info to you; just pm and email address.

The front tire is a TKC 80 and the rear a Mefo SE. I like the Mefo. It's a little squirrelly, but I'm used to it. I like the fifty-fifty ish aspect of it. It gave me no trouble on the off road stuff and was suitable for the paved roads. I still haven't removed those tires from the bike; I think I've got around 6000 miles on them. They do need to be changed though.

Thank you for reading this and I really appreciate the compliments! Please do a ride report and let us all read it!