Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #421
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Funny, I had a 2006 with the 4.7L, and a 2008 and 2010 with the 5.7L, loved all of them and had zero issues.

1911fan
I had a security module fail on an 07......out of warranty. They have to pull the entire dash to replace a $200 part, it's an 8 hour job so the bill was over $1k. It seems to be a rather common occurrence according to the service manager. I had a door that directs air to the dash vents break on a 2010 with 75,000 miles, again just out of warranty. They have to replace the entire center stack of the H/AC which necessates removal of most of the dash. Parts were $1600, labor another $600. Toyota did go ahead and eat the parts though.

They do run good with plenty of power. These were all 4X4 extended cab trucks. The ride quality is well below their domestic counterparts though. They don't offer a true limited differential, instead they use the antilock braking system. That's halfassed. You cannot turn off the electronic aids when driving conditions warrant, such as muddy dirt roads, even though they do have switches for that purpose. The beds and especially the tailgates are way too light. One of my employees made the mistake of setting a 100 lb gear box in the back of the 2010 Tundra and not closing the tailgate. When he hit a bump it bounced that gear box up and it landed in the middle of the open tailgate, buckling the thing.

I've never been a Ford guy, but I'm driving an F150 now and there's really no area where it isn't better than the Tundra.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #422
glanz
XT500guy

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniele View Post
Ordered a pair of x-Ray specs from the back of a spiderman comic book got them and I still couldnt see any t ,a, or bones. I was pissed 2.95 + .50 s&h for what. Dont buy these take my advise.

JD
Man I had so much fun with my pair of x-ray glasses! Yes they did not work but the girls did not know that! Had them running all over school away from me!
glanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #423
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by glanz View Post
Man I had so much fun with my pair of x-ray glasses! Yes they did not work but the girls did not know that! Had them running all over school away from me!
I remember once when we got a Hughes Probe-Eye infrared scanner at work and we did a secretary scan with it. Secretaries, remember those? It would certainly identify the hot ones.
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #424
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZman View Post
Wedding ring

+1
Old 03-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #425
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,749
Delorme PN-60.

The fucking thing is smarter than me. I hate it.
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #426
mwood7800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Blondes
mwood7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #427
ride4fun562
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
my a* gloves fell apart the day i bought them , too disgusted to even go return them so i stitched them up
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #428
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
crap/ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by showkey View Post
anything and everything from Harbor Freight it's all crap
right on!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #429
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
engagement ring, was so pissed I told her to keep it. But then again I'm a dumbass.

Friday I took this smokin' chick out on a date, bill came out to like $150, she can drink like a fish. Was one of the most expensive lays I've ever had, save for the engagement ring.
you get what you pay for!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #430
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaburro View Post
you get what you pay for!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #431
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk4dubbin View Post
Unless your into walking around looking like you just pissed your pants.
I have a Fieldsheer one piece rainsuit that left me with a wet crotch about 50% of the time. It took me a whole year to figure out that it was "user error". When I spent the extra 30 sec. to layer the storm flaps over the zipper properly, I was dry as a bone. When I unzipped for a whiz & jumped back on the bike with just a slap at the velcro, I'd have a scrotum puddle in 10 min. Some of the conflicting reviews of the same equipment are, I think, just this sort of dumb mistake. The more technical clothing gets, the more we need a learning curve to use it right.
Jim K. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #432
phillyrube
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Black and Decker so far. Anything I have ever gotten with that name has been utter garbage.

Ok, Black and Decker cordless weed whacker and yard blower. Interchangeable batteries, crapped out after 5 charges or so. Brought the entire mess back to Lowes.....

Dodge V10 engine

Ford diesels...not the 7.3, which is a rebadged International T444E. Our rescue squad has run all the Ford diesels and they are all junk, multiple problems. My F350 7.3 gets 18 mpg pulling a 12K toyhauler, and no problems.

Honda ST1300 thermostats...buy the bike and prepare to change the thermostat.

Cuisunart self grinding coffee maker. Kept burning up the grinder.

Lawn sweeprs with solid tires. Why don't thay make them with pneumatic tires. Try to pick up grass, go around a corner and wheels lock up. Lockup means no sweep.

Laz-E-Boy. Bought a nice loveseat, and the fabric kept unravelling. Their answer was to give us a shaver thingee to shave the little balls off the fabric. Absolutely no customer service. Bought a loveseat recliner from Costco that wears like iron.

Attic fans...I have to replace the motor every season. I have it down to a science, 15 minutes to change!

Roof helmets. No complaints, had to pitch mine after an accident 2 years ago and I have no contacts overseas to ship me a new one. And they are now selling the Desmo.

CC Radios.......overpriced and the displays crap out so you can't tune it well.
phillyrube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #433
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyrube View Post
Ok, Black and Decker cordless weed whacker and yard blower. Interchangeable batteries, crapped out after 5 charges or so. Brought the entire mess back to Lowes.....
I think you meant to say literally anything made by Black and Decker. That company is just pure garbage. I've never had a good experience with anything they've put their name on.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #434
firebrick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I think you meant to say literally anything made by Black and Decker. That company is just pure garbage. I've never had a good experience with anything they've put their name on.
Formerly a good company but sold out about 10 years ago. My mom put in 20 years at their big plant in MD before they shut down.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #435
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyrube View Post

Dodge V10 engine

Ford diesels...not the 7.3, which is a rebadged International T444E. Our rescue squad has run all the Ford diesels and they are all junk, multiple problems. My F350 7.3 gets 18 mpg pulling a 12K toyhauler, and no problems.

Honda ST1300 thermostats...buy the bike and prepare to change the thermostat.

Cuisunart self grinding coffee maker. Kept burning up the grinder.

Lawn sweeprs with solid tires. Why don't thay make them with pneumatic tires. Try to pick up grass, go around a corner and wheels lock up. Lockup means no sweep.

Laz-E-Boy. Bought a nice loveseat, and the fabric kept unravelling. Their answer was to give us a shaver thingee to shave the little balls off the fabric. Absolutely no customer service. Bought a loveseat recliner from Costco that wears like iron.

Attic fans...I have to replace the motor every season. I have it down to a science, 15 minutes to change!

Roof helmets. No complaints, had to pitch mine after an accident 2 years ago and I have no contacts overseas to ship me a new one. And they are now selling the Desmo.

CC Radios.......overpriced and the displays crap out so you can't tune it well.

Are you sure it's not you?

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote