User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #4441
gkaan
Bikes on the Brain

Oddometer: 505
new to me multi on the way

just put a deposit on a Black 2011 MTS Touring S with 11K miles. Sold my RT which lasted 3 months.... it was fine while touring long distances but otherwise boring and i never rode it. In order to fund the Multi i also need to sell my 950SM which will be missed. I cant wait to find out how it compares on the twisty bumpy backroads i usually ride. also the multi is under warranty and im debating to spend $$$ for the extended warranty or take my chances?
gkaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #4442
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaan View Post
also the multi is under warranty and im debating to spend $$$ for the extended warranty or take my chances?
Here's a thread to peruse.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #4443
expatbrit
Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
RC8 I'm thinkin....
Yup. Precisely.
expatbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #4444
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Oddometer: 39,268
Tired of waiting for the Reno dealer to come through so I'm buying a 2013 1200S from the Dealer in Roseville Ca. Pick it up tomorrow. Ride it home over the Sierras.

Anyone have any break in tips?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #4445
Sock Monkey
Banned

Oddometer: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla King View Post
Tired of waiting for the Reno dealer to come through so I'm buying a 2013 1200S from the Dealer in Roseville Ca. Pick it up tomorrow. Ride it home over the Sierras.

Ride it like you stole it, just keep it off the rev limiter. On/off throttle to push the rings against the cylinder walls, especially for the first 50-100 miles. Try not to drone on the interstate at a constant speed.

And congrats!

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #4446
Cos
Re-Greekified

Oddometer: 10,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla King View Post

Well done old man, well done.

I never really got on with those guys anyway.
Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #4447
3B43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Bought my MTS from A&S the end of August. My first trip was through the Sierra's....Sonora Pass is gorgeous! Enjoy your bike!
3B43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #4448
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Ride it like you stole it, just keep it off the rev limiter. On/off throttle to push the rings against the cylinder walls, especially for the first 50-100 miles. Try not to drone on the interstate at a constant speed.

And congrats!

-SM
Sound advice, Thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #4449
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos View Post
Well done old man, well done.

I never really got on with those guys anyway.
Thanks Cos. It is like the Reno dealer doesn't want to sell a bike. Wonder if I will have any problems getting my despot back. If I have trouble getting over Donner tomorrow, send AceRph ... with donuts.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #4450
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3B43 View Post
Bought my MTS from A&S the end of August. My first trip was through the Sierra's....Sonora Pass is gorgeous! Enjoy your bike!
yup ...looking forward to doing all the passes in the Sierras on the Ducati.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #4451
KodiakRS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Does anyone have any experience putting on bars with less rise or less sweep? I'm trying to change my seating position from bolt upright to slightly leaned forward.
KodiakRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #4452
Flightar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
I answered that question last year, sold the Multi12 2010 model and bought a Super Tenere. 21 days and 10,000+ miles, done deal. Now what comes next no body knows. LOL
Why did you sell the MTS?
Flightar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #4453
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakRS View Post
Does anyone have any experience putting on bars with less rise or less sweep? I'm trying to change my seating position from bolt upright to slightly leaned forward.
I previously rode a 950 SM, xlnt bike. After putting risers on it, it gave me a slightly more upright position and made it significantly more comfortable. I then rented a Multi in LA and the riding position on the stock Multi was almost exactly the same as the 950SM with risers. You may or may not like the more leaned over position if you ride for long stretches.

I may end up cutting the bars down though, they feel a bit to wide stock.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #4454
Flightar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
How do you guys find the matte paint schemes hold up in the real world? Whats the best way to keep it clean and scratch free (relatively anyway). I really like the new gran turismo but I'm very leary of paint that I can't apply wax to.
Flightar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #4455
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightar View Post
How do you guys find the matte paint schemes hold up in the real world? Whats the best way to keep it clean and scratch free (relatively anyway). I really like the new gran turismo but I'm very leary of paint that I can't apply wax to.
Not a Multi, but my wife's Street Triple has the matte paint. Frankly neither of us are a fan of the paint. Basically clean with car wash and kind of pat dry, you can't even really shammy it dry like regular paint. Wear spots polish and lose their matte and she's got a couple rock chips that seem to really show up more than on regular paint. No scratches after two years though and this is on a pure street bike, although she's been known to take a few back roads.

Bottom line, we wouldn't buy a matte bike again. We'll have this one for awhile though because the paint is her only beef with the bike.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote