Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 330 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #5236
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Hence you coordinate attack plans during the countdown, communicate how far you plan to venture out on the map so support can be there for you.
When there is no announcement, don't expect support... that's just common sense.
Enough...you know what I'm talking about. The player in question wasn't doing anything to support anybody on the team. He was worse than an AFK'er. He purposely moved his tank to a position where it would do no good and remained in that position for the entire battle. He didn't fire a shot and did no damage. He was, however, connected and paying attention for the entire battle because he was taunting people that got pissed off at him in chat. No matter what plans we tried to set up during the countdown, he wouldn't have done a thing to support those plans, because his plan was to make our team play short one tank. In the end, his wish didn't come true, because we won the battle without him.

I can stand teams of bad players who try and still get steamrolled. What I can't stand is players that either actively or passively try to sabotage their own team's chances to win. IMHO, gameplay like that warrants a permanent IP ban.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #5237
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,338
You never know what could happen really, slow connection, slow computer, cat jumped on their lap, puppy emergency, player had to get distracted from play, etc....

Not to make excuses, but unless someone clearly states their battle plan during countdown, specifically ask for support in certain sector on map, I usually don't expect much if any support in random battles.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #5238
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Cat, this guy moved as soon as the timer expired.....there is no doubt he was doing this on purpose to sabotage the team. I could care less if he supported me or not. He didn't do anything to help anyone on our team. A lie of omission is still a lie.....thus, by nothing to help the team he was on, he was in effect playing for the other team. If you don't believe me, I'd be happy to post the replay for you later. Other than that, quit being an ass. I don't need any sort of devil's advocate. What pisses me off most is to know that Wargaming won't do a thing about it.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #5239
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,636
If I do something like that, I will explain my intentions. I don't type fast, and generally don't in game chat. My map usually loads really late and I only get a couple seconds before the battle starts.

I realized this weekend that the Tiger P does way better as a heavily armored TD than a brawler tank and I was using it that way. Rubbed a few the wrong way and if I caught too much flak I just drove to the battle without firing a shot and died. I would then point out how well that worked for the loudmouths.

Sounds like the E 75 was just being a dick. It can happen. I don't let it get to me.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #5240
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,799
Quote:
puppy emergency

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #5241
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,338
Yeah, I can't think of what emergency a puppy could have.. but i guess if you are hungry enough, you'd make a sammich yourself.. i've got tanks to drive
Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #5242
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdm54 View Post

Getting ready to step up to the Easy line. just not sure if i want speed or a brawler. Don't seen much of a differance.
I love my M4 but just get crap teams. only 47% win with it. I kill and damage lots of stuff just no support.

Any thoughts from the FYYFF group?
I went E8 first. made it to to tier 8 then realized all the Med line has going is spotting.
Now have the E2 and it is slower with better armor and the same gun I believe. Only problem is MM hates the E2 and I'm always fighting heavies two tiers higher with a gun that can't pen them. I'm thinking being able to skip the TI heavy will make it all worthwhile.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #5243
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Yeah, I can't think of what emergency a puppy could have.. but i guess if you are hungry enough, you'd make a sammich yourself.. i've got tanks to drive
As a current puppy owner, "peeing on the carpet" comes to mind first followed closely by "chewing on my brand new really expensive sofa" and then there is...
Old 02-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #5244
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
I went E8 first. made it to to tier 8 then realized all the Med line has going is spotting.
Now have the E2 and it is slower with better armor and the same gun I believe. Only problem is MM hates the E2 and I'm always fighting heavies two tiers higher with a gun that can't pen them. I'm thinking being able to skip the TI heavy will make it all worthwhile.
If you're going to go down this path, it would be best to have the free xp available to research the 90mm when you unlock the T29. The 76mm is painful to play at Tier 7.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #5245
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,887
I was the only one on cap and as the counter wound up towards 100 the final OpFor tank became visible. I had time to put two rounds into him and kill him as the counter hit 100.

Wouldn't you think there'd be a special award for pulling that off?

My next game I had a moment of insanity and drove my 3601 into the locomotive barn to flush a KV out. I nearly died after he tracked me but while he was reloading to finish me off a TD got him in the rear.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #5246
Geek
oot & aboot

So I had a few minutes to kill just now.. thought I'd see if I can get a hand full of x2's quick.

I grab the ISU. 30% chance to win. Defeated (had 3 kills).
I grab the IS7. 41% chance to win. Defeated (I didn't do squat.. arti derp'd me).
I grab the T34.. draw Tier X's. Defeated. Did a couple of thousand damage though...

So after 3 losses in a row I decided to grab my Lucky Tank (tm)

The round came up and XVM had us at a 37% chance. I looked at the tanks (and lack of heavies) and knew that it was going to be a battle where I could actually make a difference.. I was one of the few heavies; they had a matching Churchill III on the other side (whom I killed) and a KV1.. the rest I wasn't too worried about (and both of them were ranked lower than me).

...best part is it was a GREAT game. Not a blow out - In fact, it came down to 1 on 1!!
Check out this screen capture I took just as I captured the flag at the end.

The results:

6464 @ Tier 5!
More than 1000 more than the next player on our team and 3X their highest player

....after whipping your ass over and over.. every now and then the game throws you a bone to keep you hooked.

Now I can go back to losing

Geek screwed with this post 02-05-2013 at 07:04 PM
Old 02-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #5247
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
The results:

6464 @ Tier 5!
More than 1000 more than the next player on our team and 3X their highest player

....after whipping your ass over and over.. every now and then the game throws you a bone to keep you hooked.

Now I can go back to losing
Incredible!

I joined for about four battles tonight, but was warned about how bad the pubs were. I dismissed it and told them we'd win when I started (jokingly). Two wins and two losses later I saw exactly what they were talking about with how bad the pubs were tonight (saw a teammate tier 9 throw the entire battle, then berate everyone else who he let, and watched, die before he moved from base or really shot).

I gave up as well, and am watching some Vietnam movie I skipped seeing back in the day.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #5248
Geek
oot & aboot

The matchmaker giveth and the matchmaker taketh away

Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #5249
Geek
oot & aboot

I didn't know there was a TopGun challenge going on until Sam told me just now

That BONUS xp it gave me lead to....

Natasha just got a whole lot Nastier

I just learned one thing - with the BL10 you sure don't want to miss many shots

Normal AP shells ar 1650 a pop

...and you only have 20 shots total in the thing.

This thing is Tier 8??

time to go poke someone's eye out
Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #5250
Geek
oot & aboot

I've had enough. 15 losses. 2 wins tonight. Almost every loss was a blow out (i.e. f**ked matchmaker) and the two wins were hard fought.

Just to rub my nose in it this last round... they won 15 to 1. Of course look at the other team:

I did get a small taste of what the BL10 can do before I got prison raped though...

...of course I've gotta think the "hidden nerf" with the ISU with this gun is that you will rarely if ever fight a Tier 8 battle.
Is it always going to be big kids picking on me?

If so.. I need to push on to the OBJ268 so I'm the picker instead of the pickee

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: