Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #15721
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Just another option for those of us interested in aftermarket seats, I happened to stumble on this one: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...adventure-seat I haven't heard this mentioned before, nor do I know anything about the quality. I posted up a thread in the general equipment section to see if anyone else has any experience with them. I like the look of it at least.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #15722
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 847
Mpg?

Good day all,
Is there a thread/link that s specific to mpg? I,m wondering how many fols are getting 240-250 miles per tank and how often?

Thanks
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #15723
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
Good day all,
Is there a thread/link that s specific to mpg? I,m wondering how many fols are getting 240-250 miles per tank and how often?

Thanks
I get 220 pretty regularly. Stock exhaust, and I keep current on available ECU maps.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #15724
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Thanks! I'm really interested in either the 800XC or the Roadie, but wanted to get a good feel for the mpg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
I get 220 pretty regularly. Stock exhaust, and I keep current on available ECU maps.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #15725
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Thanks! I'm really interested in either the 800XC or the Roadie, but wanted to get a good feel for the mpg.
48.3mpg over the ~4500 miles I have the Tiger 800 Roadie.

Note: I do a lot of weekend touring with my wife. She's on her own bike and we go at a very unhurried pace.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #15726
abruzzi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 980
Quote:
Good day all,

Thanks
This might help:

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/triumph/tiger%20t800xc
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/triumph/tiger%20t800

Geof
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #15727
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Good day all,

Thanks
I'm getting 43 to 45.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #15728
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmetHead Cycle View Post
OK, I need some help deciding. I have ridden the Roadie, but not the XC. I do know the Roadie is lower and scrubs in curves. Is this an issue with the XC?
I have my Roadie all set up for sport touring. It has a Penske rear shock where I have raised the ride height by about 15mm. I have moved the sidestand inside the frame with some 9mm spacers and dropped the Traxxion Dynamics forks with the AK-20 kit about 4 mm in the triple clamps to raise the front as much as possible. Set up like this you won't hit the sidestand cut-out plunger any more. I ride quite aggressively on the road and I can still scrape the pegs, but by that time you're moving along pretty good. The bike is really awesome for this on the road. I have a dedicated track day bike so I find the Tiger keeps the speeds sane. I would be going way too fast if I was on a sportbike. Like Browneye said, it is not a sportbike. I think if you are an aggressive road rider you will prefer the Roadie. I still take mine off-road but probably 5% or less. If you want to take yours off-road quite a bit get the XC. For how I use the bike the Roadie suits me best.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #15729
DropinParts
Ducatista

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me...tim View Post
Just another option for those of us interested in aftermarket seats, I happened to stumble on this one: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...adventure-seat I haven't heard this mentioned before, nor do I know anything about the quality. I posted up a thread in the general equipment section to see if anyone else has any experience with them. I like the look of it at least.
Hey Tim,
I just ordered the Saddlemen seat from Revzilla. Should receive it in a few days.

FYI... I did talk to a salesperson at Revzilla about both the Saddlemen and the Moose Racing seats. I wanted more room in the riders portion. He called both manufacturers and informed me the Saddlemen would be a better choice.
I will post my opinion of the seat after putting a few miles on it.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #15730
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
I have my Roadie all set up for sport touring. It has a Penske rear shock where I have raised the ride height by about 15mm.
Do you adjust preload from time to time for varying loads? If yes, how much pain is that?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #15731
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Do you adjust preload from time to time for varying loads? If yes, how much pain is that?
I've got one, on my 1050, and have never touched the preload. Even two-up, tank bag, and full panniers, I didn't touch anything. If you're clear about your intentions with the bike, the shop should be able to set it up accordingly. Traxxion setup mine with a passenger and full luggage and track day possibilities in mind. I've, actually, reduced preload from where they had set it. Yeah, two-up, it will run wide. But, at that pace, I should be by myself and at the track. Otherwise, it's plush and controlled. She has made numerous remarks about how nice my bike rides. I agree.

As a side note, I setup my Daytona the same way "marloweluke" setup his. I slid down the forks in the clamps and jacked up the rear to where it was on the verge of unstable, hard on the brakes. The bike would turn on a dime. I'd setup my 1050 the same way, but, it's already taller than I'd like.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #15732
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Mpg?

Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #15733
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
I don't really need to fool around with the preload although when I have to it certainly is not as convenient as the hydraulic preload adjuster. I do have a Torrington bearing kit between the collar and the spring which makes it a little easier to change preload. For two up touring I was considering getting a second heavier spring as it is quite easy to undo the bottom linkage, take off all the preload and replace the spring with a heavier one. Would be worthwhile doing for a longer trip. An extra spring is about $100.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #15734
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
FWIW-Gift card

Dealers are offering $1750 gift card on the XC; $1500 on the Roadie right now
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #15735
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxbike View Post
Dealers are offering $1750 gift card on the XC; $1500 on the Roadie right now
Is that for accessories, or can it be applied to the price of the bike?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote