Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #4456
Flightar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
I know it will depend quite alot on how its ridden and it may have been discussed elsewhere in this thread but what touring range are you guys getting.
Flightar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #4457
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightar View Post
Why did you sell the MTS?
Some panel problems and 2 weeks in the shop 200 miles away, for a minor fix, caused me some concern. I decided not to take it to Alaska. 28,000+ miles on the Super Tenere, including the Alaska 21 day trip of 10,000 miles. The Multi could barely get 200 miles to a tank, Super Tenere can go 250 if needed. That and I am a one bike guy, don't ask about the STR. LOL
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #4458
gsride1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Well the 2013's are rolling into Canada.
My Pikes Peak just arrived, maybe the first PP into Canada the dealer said.
would post pic but it seems im not allowed, not sure why.
Now all we need is the sub zero temps to disappear.

gsride1 screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 03:34 PM
gsride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #4459
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
I know it will depend quite alot on how its ridden and it may have been discussed elsewhere in this thread but what touring range are you guys getting.
One up at sane speeds - stretching to get 200 miles on a tank, much more and you need to be getting really serious

obviously track style riding will eat into mileage

when I tour, I usually aim to refuel at around 170-180 to be safe, my low fuel light usually just kicks on about then
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #4460
eye.surgeon
...riding California

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
I'm getting 200 miles if I feel lucky. Safer for me to refuel at 175 miles. Barely acceptable for a touring oriented bike, but like a beautiful woman, one is willing to overlook the flaws given the other assets they bring to the table.

eye.surgeon screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 06:21 PM
eye.surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #4461
Flightar
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks, glad to hear it'll reach 200 miles, even if just...that's really my lower limit when touring. Ducati really should have given it another half a gallon though. Out of curiosity, when you guys fill up after doing 200 miles how much is left in the tank.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #4462
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Oddometer: 39,268
Finally!!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #4463
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Thanks, glad to hear it'll reach 200 miles, even if just...that's really my lower limit when touring. Ducati really should have given it another half a gallon though. Out of curiosity, when you guys fill up after doing 200 miles how much is left in the tank.
If you are getting one of the new ones (2013) you can expect better fuel economy. Up to 10% better which will take you safely into the 200 miles in normal touring.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #4464
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,432
Quote:
How do you guys find the matte paint schemes hold up in the real world? Whats the best way to keep it clean and scratch free (relatively anyway). I really like the new gran turismo but I'm very leary of paint that I can't apply wax to.
I had an automobile film/wrap shop do mine. They used a 3M type film in frost specifically for matte paint, you couldn't tell it was on the bike unless you searched for an edge.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #4465
Flightar
Gnarly Adventurer

Has anyone found a fix for the blurry mirrors?
Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #4466
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla King View Post
Thanks Cos. It is like the Reno dealer doesn't want to sell a bike. Wonder if I will have any problems getting my despot back. If I have trouble getting over Donner tomorrow, send AceRph ... with donuts.
I guess you made it back, Dan.

You're gonna wonder why you waited so long to get a Duc. I just love mine. The best handling bike I have ever had.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #4467
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,589
The long tang on the center stand just bugged the heck outta me. I couldn't ride w/ my feet up w/o pushing on it w/ my heel.

So Treadless modified the thing yesterday. It's tons better now. A bit harder to pop it up on the center stand, but worth it.

Just gotta clean it up & throw some paint on it.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #4468
GS N RVN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Give up my 07 BMW GS for 2013 Multi S Touring

I am seriously considering the new DUC but concerned about the ability to ride dirt and gravel. Feedback please. The GS is a big beast off road But it never stopped me from taking the road less traveled. Can the Multi handle forest service roads?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #4469
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS N RVN View Post
I am seriously considering the new DUC but concerned about the ability to ride dirt and gravel. Feedback please. The GS is a big beast off road But it never stopped me from taking the road less traveled. Can the Multi handle forest service roads?
It does fine on hard packed dirt or gravel. Anything soft - sand, sil, mud..and that 17 front becomes a problrem. I liked Dunlop D616 for dirt. I haven't tried tkc80s but I bet they work great, but won't last long. I may go to a tkc80 front/trail attack rear for a compromise multi dirt set up

On extended washboard it will rattle itself to death, so you have to periodically check the little fasteners.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #4470
3B43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Eye Surg hit it right on the head...'like a beautiful women...' I've added a 1 gal tank (TourTec) that is secured to the rack that I made for the tail. I almost ran out of 'push-ahh-leen' two years ago in Idaho (different bike) and ......
3B43 is offline   Reply With Quote