User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #856
wmfleet2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
sat ride

hi ,,i lived and went to school in biglerville ,,just east of the ridge ,let me know if some of you are riding this sat,, I ll meet up
wfleet326@comcast.net
wmfleet2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #857
wmfleet2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
yep

Went up Shippingsburg Rd to Ridge Road,heading north ,just a bit to muddy for me,so back down to rt 230 toward the lakes ,up to Poles Steple,,,lots of folks hiking up to the top ,,Got to love Electric gear .
wmfleet2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #858
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
Roads are muddy with some icy spots in the deep shade. But they are still fun to ride.

Paebr332 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #859
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Damn I knew I should have went ridin' today, used the 50 degree afternoon temps to make my wee-strom pretty again after last Sunday's crappy weather. After tomorrows 34-40 temps that sloppy stuff should tighten up over the next eight days as the temps will only range from 9 degrees on the 23rd to 36 degrees on the 28th; OUCH!
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #860
Sidecar Jockey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
BradyD and I went riding through the south part of Michaux yesterday. It was just muddyy enough for some added fun, without causing any problems.

Here are our bikes (his xt500 and my xl350) at the big overlook on Oak Road:

This pic was taken on Hawbottom Road in Frederick Md. Hawbottom is surrounded by natural springs, so the road is always flooded out... which always makes it fun:
Sidecar Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #861
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Jockey View Post
BradyD and I went riding through the south part of Michaux yesterday. It was just muddyy enough for some added fun, without causing any problems.

I think I passed you guys mid-afternoon on Rattlesnake Road if you were headed south there at that time. I was on my GSA, and I as we passed I was thinking "those look like some nice vintage bikes".

Thanks for the tip on Hawbottom Road, sounds like a good place to go scout out.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #862
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
...the road is always flooded out... which always makes it fun:
Oooo. And wearing jeans in the cold. Did you get wet?

Fred
FredRydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #863
Sidecar Jockey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
I think I passed you guys mid-afternoon on Rattlesnake Road if you were headed south there at that time. I was on my GSA, and I as we passed I was thinking "those look like some nice vintage bikes".

Thanks for the tip on Hawbottom Road, sounds like a good place to go scout out.

That was us. We were heading south on Rattlesnake around 3:00-ish. Its about an hour home for us from the bottom of Rattlesnake run (taking the dirt / back roads), so we wanted to be sure to be back by dark. Our 6 volt lights work about as good as a flashlight from the dollar store with old batteries in it...

Its funny that you thought "those look like some nice vintage bikes" ... because we said "we need to get us some nice modern bikes like that GSA". HaHa. Thanks for the complement though, its fun to keep the old bikes going, and they are great for a cruise around the dirt roads.
Sidecar Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #864
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

BUMP!!!! Workin' On A Buildin'! My DR650SE project is rolling along nicely, the old 350/441 won't have to shoulder the load this year by herself. Looks like we may have some 40 degree temps comin' up, it's time to head back to the woods!

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow; repeat............................................ .................................................. ......................
P.M. me for copies of my 15 Michaux State Forest Dual Sport Routes; check the Trip Planning/Tent Space Sign-Up Thread/Page 33/Post #492/8-2011 for info on our "Motorcyclist Manor"; IT'S FREE!.
48 states, D.C., 5 provinces and Bermuda down; the rest of the world to go!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:20 AM   #865
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
I should join up with you guys on my old XL500s. Then we can hold a geezer bike parade.

Between us, we'd have 18 volts, so we should be good for night rides.
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #866
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paebr332 View Post
Roads are muddy with some icy spots in the deep shade. But they are still fun to ride.

Somehow I missed several posts in this thread.
Gotta pay better attention.

Looks like a great deal of fun Paebr!!! Love that Tdub. I saw a photo of an F650GS like mine with TDub wheels and tires. Not sure if it was wise, but it looked cool as shit.

Quote:

This pic was taken on Hawbottom Road in Frederick Md. Hawbottom is surrounded by natural springs, so the road is always flooded out... which always makes it fun:
Great photos SCJ! I have a real soft spot for Xl350s..... My first real motorcycle was a 1974, silver tank with a blue stripe on top.
I never had one but always had wood for those XTs too.

Hawbottom is rougher than any "legal" road in Michaux. It's short but a friggin blast.

Thanks for posting up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
BUMP!!!! Workin' On A Buildin'! My DR650SE project is rolling along nicely, the old 350/441 won't have to shoulder the load this year by herself. Looks like we may have some 40 degree temps comin' up, it's time to head back to the woods!

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow; repeat............................................ .................................................. ......................
That's all 4 of em.

Good to hear Jeff!

I enjoy farkling, so have fun getting your sixfiddy ready for the long haul.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 AM   #867
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
Between us, we'd have 18 volts, so we should be good for night rides.
Now that's funny! That'd make a great signature line. (I've owned several 6 volt bikes and know exactly what you mean.)
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #868
MZRider
Neo-Luddite

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Great photos SCJ! I have a real soft spot for Xl350s..... My first real motorcycle was a 1974, silver tank with a blue stripe on top.
I never had one but always had wood for those XTs too.

Hawbottom is rougher than any "legal" road in Michaux. It's short but a friggin blast.

I was trying to remember what I was doing on the 20th instead of riding my XT500. Oh yeah, I was up at the PVR Swapmeet in York buying this:

It's a '97 CCM 350. Another "oddball" that uses the old air-cooled Rotax engine. Very much like an English cousin to my ATK.

I'd really like to get a bunch of us guys with old XTs, XLs and such together for a ride sometime. Would be great fun to ride in a group of old thumpers!

@Jax - I think Biesecker Gap in southern Michaux is far rougher than Hawbottom - at least it is on my XT500. Hawbottom is fun, I avoid Biesecker if at all possible.

Mark your calendars now for June 9th - the date of the "South Mountain 130" dual-sport ride. Starts in Waynesboro with breakfast at the Mountain Gate Restaurant and ends in Mountaindale (on the edge of the Frederick Co. watershed). Free to participate. Had a great time last year.
'88 Ducati Paso, '91 ATK 604
'94 MZ Silver Star, '96 CCM 350
MZRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #869
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Another nice fine Charlie, I look forward to seeing your ATK in Michaux soon! My '96 is still in it's "Terrible Teens", 17 is nothin' compaired to the vintage iron you guys are ridin'! Wish I still had my 40 year old '73 DT360 Enduro now.

Jeff
P.M. me for copies of my 15 Michaux State Forest Dual Sport Routes; check the Trip Planning/Tent Space Sign-Up Thread/Page 33/Post #492/8-2011 for info on our "Motorcyclist Manor"; IT'S FREE!.
48 states, D.C., 5 provinces and Bermuda down; the rest of the world to go!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #870
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
Another nice fine Charlie, I look forward to seeing your ATK in Michaux soon! My '96 is still in it's "Terrible Teens", 17 is nothin' compaired to the vintage iron you guys are ridin'! Wish I still had my 40 year old '73 DT360 Enduro now.

Jeff
You guys see this 605 that sold in PA recently?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859912