Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #1621
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Cycle News did a comparison of the three, Japanese, 250cc, dual sport motorcycles.

It's nice to have choices. Each of these three bikes will appeal to different riders, based upon their preferred riding. However, everyone agrees the CRF250L is an exceptional value.

Spud
Thanks for sharing that Spud, seems they will be able to sell all the ones they bring here. If someone I knew, asked for my advice on which one, it would be the red one, even though technically, I've never ridden the other two. Looking like Suzuki ought to step up to the plate soon, or miss out on a lot of market share.................

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #1622
irdhwy2
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Anyone know where I can get a swivel shifter for this bike?
irdhwy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #1623
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdhwy2 View Post
Anyone know where I can get a swivel shifter for this bike?
I think both Best Dual Sports Bikes, and CRFonly have them.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #1624
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 831
More Wolfman Luggage top and side racks coming soon for the LRP

I like Wolfman Luggage - they are a local company for me (the show room is about 5 miles from my house). I offered to let them look at my LRP to see what kind of great stuff they could come up with specifically for the bike and thought I'd share with all the response (seems like I was late with my offer but thats ok :-) :

Thanks for the offer and congratulations on your bike! We actually bought a CRF 250L as well and have made the top racks and side racks for it that should be available soon! Thanks again and when this stuff is available you are more than welcome to bring your bike by and see if we have some stuff you would like to fit up! Talk soon!

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #1625
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Sugar Dust, I went with the Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag and the Wolfman Peak Tail Bag which I mounted on the Nomadic Rear Rack. Both look great and fit the bike perfect. If I was buying the tank bag again I would probably go with the Small Expedition Bag as it is expandable like the Peak Tail Bag. I did already have the Enduro Tank Bag which I have used for years and the expandable model was not available at that time of purchase. Wolfman stuff is well worth the extra cost, I have used it for years and it has held up excellent, worth the investment.

John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #1626
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Sugar Dust, I went with the Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag and the Wolfman Peak Tail Bag which I mounted on the Nomadic Rear Rack. Both look great and fit the bike perfect. If I was buying the tank bag again I would probably go with the Small Expedition Bag as it is expandable like the Peak Tail Bag. I did already have the Enduro Tank Bag which I have used for years and the expandable model was not available at that time of purchase. Wolfman stuff is well worth the extra cost, I have used it for years and it has held up excellent, worth the investment.

John

They have great stuff, I have a ranier tank bag on my 11 F650GS as well as an adventure duffell (med) and I have the enduro number plate (carry all) on my CRF250L - I used to have a small expedition as well as the enduro tool bag on my old KLX250S - good stuff!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #1627
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
They have great stuff, I have a ranier tank bag on my 11 F650GS as well as an adventure duffell (med) and I have the enduro number plate (carry all) on my CRF250L - I used to have a small expedition as well as the enduro tool bag on my old KLX250S - good stuff!
I've got a Wolfman tank bag, not sure which one it was. It had to sit back from the front, or the bars will clip it at full lock, so it sort of keeps me from scooting up to the front of the seat. I used a Powerlet kit, so I can charge my cell in there. I know it's not waterprooof, I just carry zip-lock bags.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #1628
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,968
check out the position of the crf250L in overall and Honda category
http://www.powersportstv.com/most-po...otorcycles.php
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #1629
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Cycle News did a comparison of the three, Japanese, 250cc, dual sport motorcycles.

It's nice to have choices. Each of these three bikes will appeal to different riders, based upon their preferred riding. However, everyone agrees the CRF250L is an exceptional value.

Spud
Thanks for posting the article Spud! I would say they did miss a major point in their conclusion at the end regarding the WRR's heftier price tag. They said something to the effect of if your experienced enough to handle the WR's dirt capabilities why not pony up the extra 2 grand for a KTM that is even better? (I'm sure they are seeing the WR as 1/2 way between the CRFL and KTM EXC price wise.)

Unless you don't ride that much, the WRR (and of course the other bikes) are no where near the price of the KTM in real world money.
The KTM is probably about $1 US a mile.
The Yamaha is probably about $.20 a mile - 5X cheaper!
I'm betting the Honda (based on researching CBR250 projected life at rental companies) could be as cheap as $.10 a mile.

Unless you don't ride your bikes that much (which probably the majority of people in 1st world countries don't - though certainly the bulk of Asian countries do) those numbers are more important than initial purchase price!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #1630
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
I keep my bikes pretty much stock except for a few addons, handguards, rear rack, and a skidplate. I think at $4499.00 it's a steal. I think you will see the bike increase in price in a year or so, so at $4400.00 I'm not saying you can make money on the bike, but I do think the resale value will be higher then usual, OK I'm hoping that will happen, but who knows in this economy. I will probably not sink another dime in this bike because it's valve is in it's low list price, not in its addons.

John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #1631
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
That cycle news review was good! Being a new rider I am always interested in reading how other bikes in the same class pan out. I rode my buddies CRF250R and thought it would kill me. Hahahaha. WOW what a difference! I am not in a position where I can afford any downtime from injury and I find this bike just outstanding for everything I have done thus far.

I would recommend it to anyone that can stand over it and feel comfortable. It has certainly been an exciting new chapter of in my life.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #1632
yyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
IMS tanks

I contacted IMS, they are taking orders now for the tank, they said march hopefully.

My bike is going nowhere due to the snow, so that works for me.
yyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1633
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz View Post
I contacted IMS, they are taking orders now for the tank, they said march hopefully.

My bike is going nowhere due to the snow, so that works for me.

Any word on capacity?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #1634
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
Any word on capacity?
X2!

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #1635
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
X2!

Spud
Not on their website yet. I wouldn't be pre-ordering before knowing what the capacity it is.