User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Stadler Destiny

Anyone have any insight on the new Stadler Destiny/Faith jacket/pant combo? I don't read German and there isn't much other info available. Translation doesn't work well. Stadler recommended this to me as I'm a street rider. Looks like one of the BMW suits. Also, I'm not understanding what the "summer lining" is for. Thanks!

http://www.stadler-bekleidung.de/ind...-en.html?id=69

http://www.stadler-bekleidung.de/ind...-en.html?id=70
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Reidman
Reidman of the Alps

Oddometer: 29
No, it's not like anything BMW offers. Stadler jackets like this are comprised of two separate jackets, the outer laminate jacket goes over the summer jacket, which has the crash protectors in it. It's like having two jackets, but the outer jacket hasn't got any protectors. I've just been to a show where I tried on a few Stadler models, and I have the impression this two-jacket system is more for warm to hot weather that's sometimes wet. If you ride in cool or cold, they have other models with better thermal insulation. I got the website to speak English to me no problem -- and I'm viewing it in Germany . IMO, their apparel all seems high-quality, but their price tags -- ouch -- I mean, how much less safe am I in my Held or Hein Gericke jackets that cost me half or less? Have you read WebBikeWorld's review of the new Clover Tekno jacket? Best jacket of 2012 they say. It's got my attention... http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/clover-tekno-jacket/
Old 02-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
It's a suit that follows the same concept as the Stadler Concept or the Touratech Companero. Light weight summer suit with all the protection you need, plus a GoreTex ProShell outer suit that zips to the inner and gives you rain and wind protection.

The new suit has less features than the other two suits (all build by Stadler), but most people, especially street riders, don't need all the fancy gadgets of the others that only make them more expensive. Just make sure it goes well over your boots, Stadler recommended against it for me as it might not go over my Sidi Adventure GoreTex.

One more thing: The Stadler gear I have owned in the past is the best I have ever had and probably will ever have. Their stuff is way beyond what I have seen from Klim or Rukka or other manufacturers in how well they are thought out and how well they work and also the craftsmanship. They don't give 10 years warranty for nothing ...
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks guys. That's excellent info. Ugh, liners.. I'm so tired of those things. I asked Stadler for a recommendation and noted I did not want a liner system. I like the Track Pro. I'm gonna take a look at Clover and see if they have something not requiring liners.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
Thanks guys. That's excellent info. Ugh, liners.. I'm so tired of those things. I asked Stadler for a recommendation and noted I did not want a liner system.
Note that this is not a liner system, but an "outer suit" thing. Similar to carrying a separate rain suit, but the Stadler outer suit is Gore ProShell and can be attached to the inner suit. So it feels "more integrated" with this version. But it's definitely a separate set of jacket and pants.

Benefits:

1) Much better venting with the "summer suit".
2) Much lighter weight of the summer suit.
3) Better integration of waterproof shell compared to separate rain gear.
4) Breathability of outer suit is better than with separate rain gear.

Search for Touratech Companero on Youtube and watch the videos outlining the features - or check the Touratech site. Then envision the same suit with a lot less features, tailored for touring riders, and you have that new suit.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thank you. I get it now. As you said, its still a multi layer system. I don't want that.