ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #181
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
They're not the same price because to get ABS on the NC, you have to spend $9K, not $7K.

- Mark
You can only buy the ABS NC700 with the more expensive automatic transmission (that is where the most price difference in the bike price)
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #182
07wee
Adventurer
 
07wee's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Oddometer: 66
I'm interested to see the mpg numbers of the 500; the nc700x was the subject of a new shootout between 4 cycle world readers in the last issue. They had a fuel economy challenge and I think the winner got like 84mpg. I'm thinking the cb500x will get under that because of the higher rpm range. The nc700x redlines at around 7k i believe. I want to take a look at both bikes in person by spring time, since I'm in the market for a commuter bike I'm still leaning towards the nc because of the "frunk".
__________________
What holds your gear?
Helmet storage system
www.helmetbutler.com
07wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #183
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07wee View Post
I'm interested to see the mpg numbers of the 500; the nc700x was the subject of a new shootout between 4 cycle world readers in the last issue. They had a fuel economy challenge and I think the winner got like 84mpg. I'm thinking the cb500x will get under that because of the higher rpm range. The nc700x redlines at around 7k i believe. I want to take a look at both bikes in person by spring time, since I'm in the market for a commuter bike I'm still leaning towards the nc because of the "frunk".
Honda are saying 76mpg (imperial).

And now we know why these bikes aren't 700cc, as Honda have just released details of two more 700cc bikes to complement the 700x.
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #184
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Oddometer: 3,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaY YreKa View Post
Honda have just released details of two more 700cc bikes to complement the 700x.
You mean released for the US? (Because the 700 lineup in Europe at least was three versions right from the start; the X, a naked bike, and a scooter).
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #185
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
You mean released for the US? (Because the 700 lineup in Europe at least was three versions right from the start; the X, a naked bike, and a scooter).
I mean the new CTX range.
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #186
fragile_this_side_up
Beastly Adventurer
 
fragile_this_side_up's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Strasburg, VA
Oddometer: 1,034
what price for the X?! still waiting, Honda.. still waiting..
__________________
weekend day-tripper '03 SV650Naked SOLD! http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7630515234266/
daily commuter. '12 DL650ADV http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7633330697107/
fragile_this_side_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #187
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile_this_side_up View Post
what price for the X?! still waiting, Honda.. still waiting..
Don't know if this helps, but the unconfirmed price in the UK is 4850.

That's cheaper than a G650GS.
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #188
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Swellvue, WA
Oddometer: 10,311
Just saw that Honda has hiked the USA base price of the NC700X to $7500. This gives them further room with the CB500X to charge more and not intrude on the 700's price point. I think we're looking at a minimum of $6500 for the non-ABS CB500X.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #189
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,136
From the RW thread:

CBF 4999 , ABS $500 option
CBR 5499, ABS $500 option
CBX TBD, ABS $500 option

CBX $6000?
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #190
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Swellvue, WA
Oddometer: 10,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaY YreKa View Post
From the RW thread:

CBF 4999 , ABS $500 option
CBR 5499, ABS $500 option
CBX TBD, ABS $500 option

CBX $6000?
At least in the US, the CBF has a $5499 base and the CBR has a $5999 base.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #191
mr openroad
Target Fixated
 
mr openroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 4,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Just saw that Honda has hiked the USA base price of the NC700X to $7500. This gives them further room with the CB500X to charge more and not intrude on the 700's price point. I think we're looking at a minimum of $6500 for the non-ABS CB500X.

- Mark
lets hope for $5999 but they seem to be having a hard time deciding, whats the hold up Honda?
mr openroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #192
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer
 
mrbreeze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: God's Country
Oddometer: 8,068
the KLR 650 is $6499. If the CB500X comes in at that or less, it's going to look like a pretty good deal IMO
__________________
2013 Suzuki DL650 Adventure

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #193
fragile_this_side_up
Beastly Adventurer
 
fragile_this_side_up's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Strasburg, VA
Oddometer: 1,034
I dont really see the klr in the same class as the cb. I see the klr as a much more capable machine.
__________________
weekend day-tripper '03 SV650Naked SOLD! http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7630515234266/
daily commuter. '12 DL650ADV http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7633330697107/
fragile_this_side_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #194
pm9654
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pm9654's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 172
I don't know why they couldn't keep it the same as the CBR.
__________________
BATMAN
pm9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #195
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Swellvue, WA
Oddometer: 10,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm9654 View Post
I don't know why they couldn't keep it the same as the CBR.
I agree they could, but they're going to price on what the market will bear, not cost to build, and they're pricing the X above the R in other markets ($500 higher in Canada, for example). The delay in announcing is another sign it will probably be bad news - you announce good news as early as possible and bad news as late as possible.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014